Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Sep 27, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #421 of 430
I certainly am intrigued by your experience.
This thread seems kinda dead lately hard to get answer

People (self acclaimed audiophiles) like (and only like) new and hyped products.

People like me (and probably you who are reading this), who appreciates products that withstand the passage of time and trend, always find it hard to get into a meaningful conversation.

O well, music is about listening but not talking, so I'd just listen away =) Thanks to you guys bringing this thread up again, I have started enjoying my Kaede II again with my WM1AM1. Still sounds incredible and equally enjoyable with, if not more so than, the new and tech-packed competition.

Sep 27, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #422 of 430
I really rather have something that stand the test of times than a new hype train, thus why I picked IER Z1R and KSE 1200, it's just the KSE failed on me thus I felt the crave for trying something else, one that's unique.
My heart is still set on the KSE, but am waiting for new opportunities.

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #423 of 430
I really rather have something that stand the test of times than a new hype train, thus why I picked IER Z1R and KSE 1200, it's just the KSE failed on me thus I felt the crave for trying something else, one that's unique.
My heart is still set on the KSE, but am waiting for new opportunities.
KSE 1200 has a huge pinnae dip after 2kHz peak which causes the whole image sound diffuse and thats apparent.

Z1R is pretty nicely tuned if you can mantain the seal.

Ohhh by the way i do make iems now :)
Will love to learn and collab with Makoto yamagishi sensei.

Also, i am a Believer of frequency response and empirical data but nowadays i have been experimenting with resonators and i feel that they have this effect of cancelling the ring..

Thats why ocharaku might measure weird but that treble peak is kinda muted... Though i find some of the Flat 4 slighty harsh but another iem with same treble jagged response(i have some old stuff i dont know which measure like really bad) were unbearable...

So even though, as per audio science knowledge frequency domain still dominate our listening... There is some effects to the resonator and phase cancelling which changes the perception of sound...

Also Equed flat 4 kaede and damm that thing is Bomb :)

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #424 of 430
Rather than diffused, I feel the KSE is the best imaging iem I've ever tried, it managed to match my ADX5000 when I plug Both into my Tazzy, while being super portable.
I feel like the thing change soundstage sizes and image with every song, the thing that struck me on it on first listen was how it managed to suit the atmosphere of any and all Lofi songs I put through it. For me that thing's isolation and comfort is its biggest strength while having that amazing sound.

Sure when I'm only driving it out of my V60, it barely do better than my IM04, certainly not 6x the price more, and I Hella prefer the Female vocal on the old Audio Technica than it, but, properly driven, it's something else.

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #425 of 430
IMG00386_HDR.jpg

First Pic for now can anyone guess which model I decided to pick up? 😁

Oct 1, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #427 of 430
Nope Keyaki Plus, I don't think the sakura has the furutech plug yet?
IMG00397_HDR.jpg

Not sure how I feel yet, for the used price I got then at, it's not a robbery, just technicality definitely is below the price range it's at, but I do enjoy how natural everything sound, more than any BA, DD or hybrid IEM I own, also warmer than I thought, I expected a bit more sparkle up Top from everyone calling it a bit bright, the bass have more presence down, down below, though for sure don't have the punch needed for some genre.
It's Soundstage are less defined, more diffused that make it sound more like an open back, Kinda a whiplash after the KSE which sound decidedly closed.

It's different from what I expected for sure. It's both better and worse.
It's definitely all about the midrange in this one.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #428 of 430
Switching the eartips off from the included red Spinfit to other tips I got in my storage, found one that increases the treble presence and add that last hit of clarity I feel I was missing, some other tips like foamies increase the mids and meke it more closed off like any other iem, but IMO it make it less of what Ocharaku should sound, tried white Spinfit (lighter than stock tips, more airy), Sony hybrid(more bass, a bit closed off also), Z1R tips, etc etc
16648857945234111306956509647466.jpg

Settled on nondescript eartips that have pretty stiff silicon, for some reason it just perfect for me for the genre I plan to use it at.
Something about the tuning make Ocharaku sounds like nothing else.

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #429 of 430
Have anyone reterminate Ocharaku SE version since Keyaki plus to Balanced? I'm wondering whether these later ones can be reterminate on the jack only or do I need to change the entire cable like older Flat4s

Oct 20, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #430 of 430
The Flat 4 kinda became my palate cleanser when my ear got tired of BA Timbre, got lots of them and they all good and obviously better all rounder but there's just something about how Natural sounding the Ocharaku are.
Im surprised at how well it compete with the 5BA Andromeda in genres its strong in, often beating the Andro.
There's just a charm on a dynamic driver inside a wood housing.

Recently I acquired a few super sensitive IEM and they are all so fussy about source hiss, electrical interference, etc, all are either multi BAs (IM04, Heir 5.0, Andro) or Electrostats (KSE1200), the BAs especially are all so fussy about their Output Impedance Pairings, thats the one thing modern Hybrid/ tribrids have solved recently thankfully.
None of that are a problem with the Ocharaku thankfully as it simply arent that sensitive to begin with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back