Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Oct 27, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #406 of 430
If someone wants to part with their Ocharaku,let me know. Im very interested for the right price.:)

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #407 of 430
Yes that is the S2. Lagoon is the name of the colour way HAHA

I am not so sure about this, but would definitely be interesting to have that option. However, I would be picking up a 3.5mm version for myself.
yo bro have you gotten the shizuku s2? any opinions or review?

Dec 11, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #409 of 430
Hi kloner.

Giant grain of salt here, as I’ve been up all night working, but from reading about the Sakura, if memory serves, I believe it’s considered to be ever so slightly... softer or perhaps more delicate sounding? Especially nice with acoustic instruments and maybe vocals as well.

I previously had the Kaede II, and am currently a very satisfied owner of both the Keyaki Plus (or ‘Keyaki Balance’), and the Kaede III. I can say the Kaede III is similar to the Kaede II, with its wide but perhaps ever so slightly shallow soundtage, while the Keyaki Plus has a somewhat narrower, but marginally deeper soundstage / parabolic shape. Both are very detailed, and yet can sound delicate and ethereal. The Keyaki seems perhaps even more dynamic than the already dynamic Kaede; or, at the very least, percussion instruments have an even more pronounced and incredibly satisifyingly natural pop or thwack to each hit.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #411 of 430
So has anyone heard the Kaede III? Is it true that they are worse than Kaede II and original Kaedes as I am understanding?

I owned both of them maybe I can help give my impression a bit.

Disclaimer: I'm still new in here maybe my sound description inaccurate, so I just point out obvious difference and not mention technical side.

To my ears, Kaede III tuning is warmer and less harsh compare to Kaede II, even when I using non-foam eartip. Personally, I'm using AK T8ie's eartip for comfortability but the sound still thicker than Kaede II. Micro-detail still amazing like Kaede II. Both are amazing but Kaede III can appeal more audience.

Other note, I always play this IEM to reset my brain from fun tuning IEM. Cheers~

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #412 of 430
does anyone have any experience reterminating the plug end of a Donguri? any reference?
my son's pair seems to be suffering from a intermittent problem, probably the wiring internally has broken near the plug end.
i want to probably buy a plug and resolder it.

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #413 of 430
Hey. Anyone have a Flat 4 for sale?

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #417 of 430
Also, I regret selling my Kaede IIs. I love my Keyaki Plus/Balance and Kaede III (Balance) every bit as much. But for the amount I settled for the IIs (which I did need to sell after an expensive move), there's simply nothing out there for the $385 USD (if memory serves) that could come close for an incredible single-ended IEM. Still need to get a female 4.4 mm to male 3.5 mm adapter.

As @kasperkwan was mentioning 38 months ago, the hype train has died down for Ocharaku. Oh well. I'm very much enjoying mine!

Sep 26, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #418 of 430
Now, I just had a heartbreak moment where I had to return my week old Kse1200 due to i detected a faulty driver on its R side.
Im in desperate search for a replacement, now I always am interested in Ocharaku, especially it's Flat4 variants, but are overall overwhelmed with the sheer number of versions it has and whether the new one is even better than the old.
Which of the flat4s is the best at Acoustic, Female Vocal, LoFi, soft music?
Not only it's tuning I'm putting importance in the strength of their Dynamic Range, Bass punch and speed, detail and separation, Soundstage I don't need to be too big but one with good width or/and depth would be good.
And lastly whether anyone has ever compared them to the newer trend, like IER M9, Andromeda, Vision Ears VE7, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #419 of 430
Btw has anyone archived Uncle Mike's Ocharaku videos aka his Headfoniastore videos? Kinda a shame they all got hidden after the store closed up.

Sep 27, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #420 of 430
I'm still loving my Kaede IIs, but am very much considering the Keyaki Balance; if nothing else just to take advantage of a fully balanced chain, but also to have the option of a slightly different sonic flavouring at my disposal.

I purchased a pair (a set?) of KSE1500s last summer, but ended up selling them, as I didn't find them to be $2000+ US better than the Kaede IIs. The fit and ergonomics of the Shures for me didn't quite butter my bread either. Also, having to carry around that amp, and having a slightly short cable attached to said boat anchor made me further question keeping them. The KSEs did sound pretty incredible, and the sometimes bizarre FR response of the Kaedes can be a bit much at times (though I may be less prone to sibilance than some), but there's something magical (natural?) about the combination of the dynamic drivers and the maple housing that I find to be very pleasing. Sometimes it's downright effin' magical. I suppose I don't mind a little bit of colouration. The Flat 4 'phones are just so much more portable than the 1500s as well. I understand the benefits of the ported design of the Ocharakus, I just wish they isolated a bit better (though they're certainly not terrible in that regard). Just my couple of cents/yen for what its worth.
I certainly am intrigued by your experience.
This thread seems kinda dead lately hard to get answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back