Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Sep 5, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #214 of 430
Would be great to have your impressions on the Flat 4 Keyaki. Not much can be found online.

I will definitely spend some good time with them and post my impressions or maybe write a review about them since there are not many reviews of the akakeyaki out there.

Where did you order it from? I see CDJapan shows all of the new Keyaki Plus models as being backordered. I'm hoping they can still bring in more stock. Thanks!

e-earphone store japan

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #215 of 430
hey guys,

how would the older flat-4 sui compare against the newer and cheaper co-donguri shizuku?

currently deciding on my first ocharaku, my budget allows for either a used pair of SUI or shizuku

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #216 of 430
hey guys,

how would the older flat-4 sui compare against the newer and cheaper co-donguri shizuku?

currently deciding on my first ocharaku, my budget allows for either a used pair of SUI or shizuku

I currently own 2 pairs of the shizuku now and have tried the flat-4 sui several times.

My personal taste is that the shizuku is one of the top few models (if u happen to like the sound signature) in its price range. Sound singnature of the shizuku would be warmer, thicker than the sui and it should suit most genres of music better/easier to listen to than the sui.

The sui on the other hand has a thinner, brighter sound that has a wider soundstage than the shizuku with more details. treble might be too much for some people but if u like a brighter sound with plenty of treble sparkle then the sui might suit u better.

Hope this helps!

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #217 of 430
I currently own 2 pairs of the shizuku now and have tried the flat-4 sui several times.

My personal taste is that the shizuku is one of the top few models (if u happen to like the sound signature) in its price range. Sound singnature of the shizuku would be warmer, thicker than the sui and it should suit most genres of music better/easier to listen to than the sui.

The sui on the other hand has a thinner, brighter sound that has a wider soundstage than the shizuku with more details. treble might be too much for some people but if u like a brighter sound with plenty of treble sparkle then the sui might suit u better.

Hope this helps!

thanks man!

will probably go for the shizuku!

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #221 of 430
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #224 of 430
This is great. Could You please briefly compare them? I love my EX1000 paired with WM1A but looking for some new experience and Ocharaku looks great. Also would be awesome to take advantage of balanced output of Sony dap.

The ex1000s are reference grade iems. They're as you know extremely detailed with a huge out of head soundstage, and tilted towards the upper mids and treble. The magnesium housing helps ensure there are no unwanted resonances and I suspect this also helps these IEMs provide the incredible subterranean bass. Many times I've been shocked at the quality, tightness and impact of the bass, however it seems to appear only as requested or as intended by the the artist / engineer. If I were to compare these IEMs to anything they remind me of a Porsche with an NA engine, the way the car goes through the gears, the sense of purpose, steering, and sound is incredible.

The Ocharaku Keyaki Balance (black not aka version) are perfectly coherent given it also only uses dynamic drivers. The difference is the firstly the housing is made from Zelkova wood not magnesium, so the definition is slightly reduced and the soundstage is more intimate. The tuning is dialed back more towards the upper mids (the treble is nowhere near as hot as the ex1000s), the bass is also softer and is not as impactful. If I were to relate the Ocharaku to anything, it would be to a violin, because that's exactly what they are, they're a wooden musical instrument. They're incredibly sweet, musical iems with a soul. I have also auditioned the Akakeyaki and I found that the soundstage is wider and less intimate than the regular Keyaki (black).

In terms of overall comfort, looks and the ability to wear them in a cafe, the Ocharakus win hands down. I like using the ex1000s at home, the ear hooks make it easy to rest them on my ears so they're not inserted deeply. This is important as if anyone wants to speak with me, I can just gently pull them out and have a conversation. Btw neither the Ocharaku or ex1000s isolate very well, and also neither have any microphonic issues. I hope this helps in your decision.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #225 of 430
The ex1000s are reference grade iems. They're as you know extremely detailed with a huge out of head soundstage, and tilted towards the upper mids and treble. The magnesium housing helps ensure there are no unwanted resonances and I suspect this also helps these IEMs provide the incredible subterranean bass. Many times I've been shocked at the quality, tightness and impact of the bass, however it seems to appear only as requested or as intended by the the artist / engineer. If I were to compare these IEMs to anything they remind me of a Porsche with an NA engine, the way the car goes through the gears, the sense of purpose, steering, and sound is incredible.

The Ocharaku Keyaki Balance (black not aka version) are perfectly coherent given it also only uses dynamic drivers. The difference is the firstly the housing is made from Zelkova wood not magnesium, so the definition is slightly reduced and the soundstage is more intimate. The tuning is dialed back more towards the upper mids (the treble is nowhere near as hot as the ex1000s), the bass is also softer and is not as impactful. If I were to relate the Ocharaku to anything, it would be to a violin, because that's exactly what they are, they're a wooden musical instrument. They're incredibly sweet, musical iems with a soul. I have also auditioned the Akakeyaki and I found that the soundstage is wider and less intimate than the regular Keyaki (black).

In terms of overall comfort, looks and the ability to wear them in a cafe, the Ocharakus win hands down. I like using the ex1000s at home, the ear hooks make it easy to rest them on my ears so they're not inserted deeply. This is important as if anyone wants to speak with me, I can just gently pull them out and have a conversation. Btw neither the Ocharaku or ex1000s isolate very well, and also neither have any microphonic issues. I hope this helps in your decision.

Your impressions are extremely helpfull. Thank You!
Did You happen to hear Akazakura Plus and can refer to Keyaki? There are so many models of currnet line and discontinued that I'm cunfused. And they all look almost identical :) Do they all share the same tonalty or tuning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back