Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #166 of 430
Mm..I only wish the Ocharakus were made widely available (for easier audition). As it is, the nearest source to me is King Sound Pro Shop in Mongkok. Hopefully, they are as well-built and as durable as my beloved Fitear (TG 334). I had a choice between the Keyak Plus and the Akakeyaki Plus. Difference is in the length of the canal. I chose the longer Akakeyaki Plus. Thing is the dealer did not allow me to demo until I parted with my money. I had no idea what the sound signature was and what the fitment would be. Took a leap of faith. Faith rewarded. I am listening to the Akakeyaki Plus more than the Noble Katana (bought on the same trip). Addicting.

Come to Tokyo, go to Yamano Music in Ginza and all the Ocharaku are laid out for testing - even easier than Fujiya or e-earphone.

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #167 of 430
Yeah they do. I wonder how the Japanese-Chinese hybrid Oriolus compares to the Japanese Ocharaku or Fitear?

I'm not sure what comparisons you seek, but I'll try to provide a comparison from memory as it has been quite a while since I last heard the Oriolus...but I would generally consider the Oriolus to be rather balanced, relative to the Ocharaku focus on upper mids and treble. As for Fitear (I'll take the liberty to assume you're looking at the 334) they generally have a darker sound signature.

If you seek "organic" bass and relatively good isolation the Oriolus is an IEM worth trying out. The Ocharakus hold their own for timbre and soundstaging, in part due their use of wood and vented design.

If you love some sparkle in the upper registers, definitely go for the Flat 4 series. I recently acquired a Kaede Type II after hunting for one for two years. Its excellent for the classical music I listen to :)

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #170 of 430

Thanks for your reply, and comparison. I'll definitely consider. Currently there is one 330 USD Flat4 Kuro, and 820 USD Oriolus at local.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #172 of 430
OH no we are friends, I would never send you something I don't like.

Well I guess I'm not your friend so will send it over to me? 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #175 of 430
Mm...nice. I should have waited for that. Now that I have the WM1A. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. What is your favorite eartip for your Ocharakus? Brand? Type?

How is your fi-ba-sst? Intensely curious.

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #176 of 430
Mm...nice. I should have waited for that. Now that I have the WM1A. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. What is your favorite eartip for your Ocharakus? Brand? Type?

How is your fi-ba-sst? Intensely curious.

Will get back to you later on both these

Currently been focusing on the AAW900 CIEM laterly

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #177 of 430
Feb 10, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #178 of 430

Wicked-awesome.  What's the best place site to order Ocharaku stuff these days?  I'm hoping balanced pairs show up on pricejapan at some point.

for used/like-new stuff, you can find one here:
http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list.php?mode=search&category_id=1690&name=ocharaku

then pay and deliver more easily through here (accept paypal):
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/guide/help/special_request/about_proxy_shopping
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/z/daiko_request/

or buy directly:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/agency/yahoo/search?ycate=&yq=ocharaku

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #179 of 430
Can anyone comment on the Sakura vs the Keyaki? Especially in terms of upper mids/treble energy bcos Sakura's is as much as my ears can take. I've heard the AKA II which was slightly more fatiguing than the Sakura.

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #180 of 430
Can anyone comment on the Sakura vs the Keyaki? Especially in terms of upper mids/treble energy bcos Sakura's is as much as my ears can take. I've heard the AKA II which was slightly more fatiguing than the Sakura.
keyaki is the least v shaped. I cannot take the sakura treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back