Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #6,361 of 6,459
Congratulation to this amazing cable.
Love mine too with the VC and the Rögnir.

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #6,362 of 6,459
Beautiful workmanship. The square braiding alone is magnificent... imagine the patience and experience it would take to square braid 8 wires perfectly.

I am politely corrected that the Vykari V2 is a 12 wire cable! Much love.

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #6,363 of 6,459
Also, Trevor posted a week or two ago that he was taking pre-orders on the new clear Drausk. This is the Norne Audio top-of-the-line flagship 100% copper, thick gauge cable. I've been extremely happy with my black Drausk! It's been a noticeable upgrade for me replacing a Moon Audio Black Dragon. No knock on the Black Dragon, the Drausk is just better.

Something to consider as you look for a cable for your HD-650's.
In what way does the Drausk sound better than the Black Dragon?

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #6,364 of 6,459
In what way does the Drausk sound better than the Black Dragon?

It's been several years since I owned a black dragon cable. When I wrote that I had exact attributes for each that lead me to favor the Drausk. I can't add more than that at this point.

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #6,366 of 6,459
Do you remember which sounded smoother/more blunted in the uppermids and highs between those 2?
Not really. I will say that the Drausk has more weight and mass to the sound. It's a grander sound and it's a more cohesive sound.

For the record I liked the black dragon. I just liked the Drausk more.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #6,367 of 6,459
Nov 8, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #6,369 of 6,459
Has anyone found a sound difference using Furutech Rhodium connectors vs standard gold plated?
In my experience with numerous power cables connecters, AC wall outlet and headphones, interconnect cables, the plating used has a very significant impact on the sound. It certainly the case with Furutech. I have Furutech GTX-D gold, Rhodium and Rhodium NCF outlets. All sound different. My preference from best to very good is:

1- Rhodium NCF (by a large margin - combined qualities of gold and Rhodium without their drawbacks)

2- Gold (dense, organic and smooth but a bit syrupy and slow with narrower stage in comparison to Rhodium).

3- Rhodium (resolution, openess and speed but recessed mids V shape sound and listening fatigue over time).

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #6,370 of 6,459
In my experience with numerous power cables connecters, AC wall outlet and headphones, interconnect cables, the plating used has a very significant impact on the sound. It certainly the case with Furutech. I have Furutech GTX-D gold, Rhodium and Rhodium NCF outlets. All sound different. My preference from best to very good is:

1- Rhodium NCF (by a large margin - combined qualities of gold and Rhodium without their drawbacks)

2- Gold (dense, organic and smooth but a bit syrupy and slow with narrower stage in comparison to Rhodium).

3- Rhodium (resolution, openess and speed but recessed mids V shape sound and listening fatigue over time).
And if one connector has the core metal made out of brass, and gold plating on top, would that sound the same as a connector made from copper with gold plating on top?

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #6,371 of 6,459
I have an Audioquest solid 3.5 - 6.3 mm to see whether it made any difference compared to the freebie inc ones you get and it made an enjoyable difference, but then bought the furutech one, a huge difference with better base material and platings

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #6,372 of 6,459
And if one connector has the core metal made out of brass, and gold plating on top, would that sound the same as a connector made from copper with gold plating on top?
Sorry but I don’t have the knowledge to answer that question. I only communicated my different experiences with plating of different material. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable could chime in.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #6,374 of 6,459
Just aquired two more Norne Drausk V2's to my cable collection. As always Trevor's service and attention to detail is second to none.

I'm thrilled with these two.
IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0479.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back