Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 27, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #6,331 of 6,464
Vykari is magnificent in my chain with Utopia 2022.

Marconi-Canada Radiotron 6V6GT-5871 & Tesla EL34 in Eufora AE, Driving Utopia 2022, Norne Vyka...jpg
How would you describe it over the stock cable. I'm trying to visualise what it may sound like.

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #6,332 of 6,464
How would you describe it over the stock cable. I'm trying to visualize what it may sound like.
Without delving into the debate about cable impact on sound too deeply, the unequivocal improvement is ergonomics and usability, versus the stiff stock cable. Regarding sound, IMO the treble extension is enhanced as is air and stage, instrument separation and placement, with noticeable but lesser impact on other aspects of the frequency range. I certainly don't find it changes the basic character of the headphone, but there was a smidge of muddiness (low end warmth bleeding into the lower mids) which is now gone. This latter is a minor effect as Utopia 2022 sounded great with stock, and note the usual disclaimer YMMV. :thinking: :)

Aug 30, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #6,333 of 6,464
Thank you so much.
Order in. Trevor was very accomodating and patient with email communication. And now the waiting begins. I’ve held off asking for an ETA. The fact the order says “processed” is enough :)

Aug 30, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #6,334 of 6,464
Aug 30, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #6,335 of 6,464
I thought about that. But audiolise isn't a word ... I think people understood I meant "recreate through imagination the perception of what I might hear in my head" :)

Can't wait for the cable to arrive and be in a happy place for real

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #6,336 of 6,464
Hi guys, is there anyone who listened to both silvergarde s3 and s4? What’s the sonic differences between these two?
I have listened to a s3 12-wire on Susvara and it sounds great. Wonder how the s4 8 or 12-wire do compare to it.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #6,337 of 6,464
I’m also interested in how the S4 may compared from the 4 to 8 wire options and the Vykari. I haven’t found much outside of this thread.

I see the S5 is planned for release shortly on the S4 product page.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #6,338 of 6,464
Hi guys, is there anyone who listened to both silvergarde s3 and s4? What’s the sonic differences between these two?
I have listened to a s3 12-wire on Susvara and it sounds great. Wonder how the s4 8 or 12-wire do compare to it.
There is no S4 12 Wire, this would be too big for the connectors.

Can't compare it to the S3 but the S4 8 wire is by far the best cable I ever heard

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #6,339 of 6,464
I thought about that. But audiolise isn't a word ... I think people understood I meant "recreate through imagination the perception of what I might hear in my head" :)

How about ‘imagine’ 😉?

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #6,340 of 6,464

The sound through and workmanship of Vykari will bowl you over!

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #6,342 of 6,464
Thanks for the reply. Should I ask Trevor by email to get a better picture of how to 8 wire option Vykari or S4 would sound compare to what I heard from the s3 12-wire?
Can never hurt to ask him directly

The Vykari is a 12 wire design by default though. (Whereas Silvergarde are 4 wire designs normally)

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #6,344 of 6,464
Is it possible to get a cable made for ab 1266 phi tc? I don't see the option on the site
Just email Trevor I've found that to generally be the best option, especially if you are considering any customizations.

Sep 8, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #6,345 of 6,464
Received a new cable from Trevor a few days ago and wanted to chime in with a few "impressions" if you will. First of all, Trevor is a craftsman, truly. I've ordered many cables from him over the years but it's been 2-3 years since I've last sourced a cable from Norne. I honestly believe the build quality is even better than I remember. The attention to detail is just exceptional. Trevor was super accommodating throughout the order process and got the cable out on time with tracking (actually arrived earlier than expected). Before ever plugging in the cable for listening, the first thing that I noticed was the weight. It's substantial (full copper Draug). Trevor works tirelessly on improving his builds and the materials that comprises his cables. And it shows in the final product.

While I don't feel that cables will typically transform the sound of any headphone, I will say that this cable sounds darn good. The tone seems more natural with a pleasant richness that I quite enjoy. I really couldn't ask for anything more. Well done sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back