Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Nov 18, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #6,378 of 6,462
Nov 24, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #6,379 of 6,462
100% agreed :thumbsup:
Just a note with respect to Trevor... his outstanding customer service after the sale! I've sent him my Vykari Reference for re-termination (due to headphone changes), two times and he is always prompt and friendly.
Thank you so much guys, your kindness and support is very much appreciated on my end always.

Is there going to be a black Friday coupon code again?
Yes there will be, I do one each year. Sometimes I am a touch slow on getting all the site updates done when the clock strikes midnight however.

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #6,383 of 6,462
I recently received an RCA to XLR adapter from Trevor for a speaker rig. I use it to connect Qutest DAC to Jeff Rowland preamp using an XLR to XLR interconnect. It uses 18.9 awg occ silver. Prior to it I used OFC copper adapters. With the silver adapter I get loads of clarity, refinement, detail and incisiveness - all while still having relaxed presentation. It is in every way superior to the copper adapters except I am also getting some unwanted brightness, causing midrange like vocals, sax and piano to sound w/ less natural warmth and less weight, something the copper adapters had. I plan to send this back to Trevor to either upgrade to higher guage occ silver like 17 awg, or alternatively convert to maybe 17 awg hybrid. From your experience w/ his cables w/c would give me the good qualities of occ silver as I mentioned, while maintaining some natural warmth and heft. Trevor himself suggests the higher guage occ silver might do it. It will cost me $100 to ship back so obviously prefer to ship back no more than once. Thanks.

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #6,384 of 6,462
I recently received an RCA to XLR adapter from Trevor for a speaker rig. I use it to connect Qutest DAC to Jeff Rowland preamp using an XLR to XLR interconnect. It uses 18.9 awg occ silver. Prior to it I used OFC copper adapters. With the silver adapter I get loads of clarity, refinement, detail and incisiveness - all while still having relaxed presentation. It is in every way superior to the copper adapters except I am also getting some unwanted brightness, causing midrange like vocals, sax and piano to sound w/ less natural warmth and less weight, something the copper adapters had. I plan to send this back to Trevor to either upgrade to higher guage occ silver like 17 awg, or alternatively convert to maybe 17 awg hybrid. From your experience w/ his cables w/c would give me the good qualities of occ silver as I mentioned, while maintaining some natural warmth and heft. Trevor himself suggests the higher guage occ silver might do it. It will cost me $100 to ship back so obviously prefer to ship back no more than once. Thanks.
Silver are brighter sounding than copper based on a few tests I've done.

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #6,385 of 6,462
@dnnaudio: I would suggest one of Trevor's hybrid silver/copper designs. I only have experience with Vykari Reference and it fits the bill for me (I personally prefer hybrid, as it brings together detail/clarity, while also helping add some body).

Which Jeff Rowland preamp? I've had the Jeff Rowland Capri and more recently, the Jeff Rowland Coherence 2 Series II.

Just my two cents, but for the Capri+Qutest (I also had Qutest some years ago), I'd personally avoid all silver for my sonic taste. Coherence could possibly be okay with all silver but system matching comes into play and I preferred hybrid with mine. I did try all silver interconnects with the Qutest and found it too bright and sterile.

Edit: my comments about silver vs. hybrid were not Norne interconnects (they were other branded interconnects), I just meant to refer to silver/copper interconnect materials generally.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #6,386 of 6,462
I have a Silver Draug I bought 5 years ago and use it on a Z1R. While there is mild brightness compared to stock it is also very smooth and refined. Nothing like traditional silver that is bright and agressive. My speaker rig is voiced warm side of neutral so I thought it could accommodate the extra brightness, guess I was wrong. I also have a hybrid occ silver copper from DHC on a SE845 and that is real balanced top to bottom. Anyone compared an 18.9awg silver to 17awg does the higher guage really tone down the brightness.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #6,387 of 6,462
Silvergarde S5 8-wire, must ...resist... the urge...

Nov 27, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #6,388 of 6,462
Silvergarde S5 8-wire, must ...resist... the urge...
futile-is.gif

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #6,389 of 6,462
A belated but heartfelt note of thanks to Trevor for the excellent customer service and craftsmanship of my Skollvar cable which I purchased in June. It matches perfectly aesthetically and musically with my Cocobolo Atrium. The transparency, resolution and sense of air over the stock cable is palpable. Comfort and ergonomics are excellent. Will buy from Norne again without reservation. :)

Dec 17, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #6,390 of 6,462
It matches perfectly aesthetically and musically with my Cocobolo Atrium.
If you wouldn’t mind posting pictures, we all love shots of Trevor’s wonderful creations! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back