Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 3, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #3,706 of 6,460
I wanted to check in with an update on the SC3c and the ZMF Vérité, in comparison to the Michanikós silver plated/copper cables from ZMF. The SC3c is like replacing a leaded glass window, I hear deeper into the soundstage, impact and dynamics (a Vérité speciality) are punchier, and each instrument is in its clearly defined space. This is one of the best cables I’ve heard to date, I imagine the full blown SC3 would rock my world!

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #3,708 of 6,460
Hi guys,
I've just received my Draug 3,9ft cable for my focal utopia headphones.1st of all I'd like to say it looks fantastic,build quality is 1st class.Now I'm a big fan of focal's original cable and I have tried some other well known cables with my utopia,only to be disappointed,but already only after 2 hours of listening,I can tell you I'm very impressed the way Draug 3 sounds with the utopia.I will do a full review on here in a few weeks,but I know already this cable won't be going back.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #3,709 of 6,460
Hi guys,
I've just received my Draug 3,9ft cable for my focal utopia headphones.1st of all I'd like to say it looks fantastic,build quality is 1st class.Now I'm a big fan of focal's original cable and I have tried some other well known cables with my utopia,only to be disappointed,but already only after 2 hours of listening,I can tell you I'm very impressed the way Draug 3 sounds with the utopia.I will do a full review on here in a few weeks,but I know already this cable won't be going back.

I love the Draug line, it was my introduction to high end cable sound, had it on my HD800 and LCD3f.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #3,710 of 6,460
I love the Draug line, it was my introduction to high end cable sound, had it on my HD800 and LCD3f.

Ditto......Draug 2 for HD800....currently Draug 3 for LCD-3 pf / ZMF Atticus / ZMF Ori

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #3,711 of 6,460
Ditto......Draug 2 for HD800....currently Draug 3 for LCD-3 pf / ZMF Atticus / ZMF Ori

How is it for the Atticus? I’m looking at the SC3 for my Vérité and Aeolus.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #3,712 of 6,460
Use the enquiry link on the website, it will email Trevor directly and you can open an email dialogue with him and he is extremely helpful with information. You can place an order with him like that. He will invoice you via PayPal. This is how I ordered my Silvergarde SX and an adapter for my Sony PHA-3 amp balanced input.

Did you get you're silvergarde SX? I am getting one for my U12T too, wanted to hear you're impressions:)

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #3,713 of 6,460
How is it for the Atticus? I’m looking at the SC3 for my Vérité and Aeolus.

It is a great cable...I have used it most with my LCD-3 , but it is very nice with the Atticus also.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #3,714 of 6,460
After two weeks 24/7 breaking in my ZMF Verite and Norne Einvaldi cable, I spent some time listening to them today on my Stratus system. I have been a lover of my HD 800S with WyWires Platinum cord, but the ZMF/Norne just kicks the crap out of it. Bass goes deeper, and is so much more articulate. Transients are lightening fast and midrange detail retrieval is a touch or so better. Overall its one super smooth dynamic combo.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #3,715 of 6,460
After two weeks 24/7 breaking in my ZMF Verite and Norne Einvaldi cable, I spent some time listening to them today on my Stratus system. I have been a lover of my HD 800S with WyWires Platinum cord, but the ZMF/Norne just kicks the crap out of it. Bass goes deeper, and is so much more articulate. Transients are lightening fast and midrange detail retrieval is a touch or so better. Overall its one super smooth dynamic combo.
I can only imagine how freakin good that setup sounds!

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #3,717 of 6,460
Draug Silver............
Both this and silverguard3 textile version are my favorite. Draug Silver is a bit of bling and maybe just a touch better than sg3 textile imo.... but most of my headphones are sg3 textile. I just got a same of the clear version and still evaluating the diff. Anyhow... the other Uber ultimate is the 8wire sg3 textile which I’m so excited to get really soon. Should be for on of our empyreans. My wife’s empyreans will have sg3 4wire and hope to have 8wire on mine or silver draug. Have to demo some cables first. :)

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #3,718 of 6,460
S3 sounding very nice both with my Z1R and Stellia,but I prefer Focal Utopia for its neutral and more detailed sound.So I wish to buy a real hi end cable for them.Trevor offers S3Clear 4/8wire cable for Utopia.But I know that he had made 12 wire version of S3 for Abyss,for one of the Head Fiers
Whoa!! 12wire sounds insane. Overkill more like it. As 8wire already is insane amount of silver. I guess for an abyss owner that’s expected. Even my susvara I wouldn’t do more than 8wire. I have silver draug and that is plenty and perfect match imo. Curious to see what a 12wire looks like. Basically a huge thick rope? Haha.

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #3,719 of 6,460
Not my best photography, but my latest Norne acquisition - S3 for my Ether 2. Wanted something a bit different, so went for purple. Have no time to listen to it since it was my wife's b-day today.

vv21uaU.jpg
Wow!!! I love this cable. Makes me want to order my next cable like this. My wife would absolutely love this for her z1r’s!!! I have the red version of this essentially for my z1r’s. She has black/grey herring version.... but wonder about having it done in purple. Sweet photo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back