Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 29, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #3,691 of 6,459
I used the Contact Us, on his website to inquire about a cable this was about 2 weeks ago. Is this the only way to reach him, or does it just take a longer period of time for a reply ? Thanks

May 29, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #3,696 of 6,459
I was in the same boat because I was concerned the silver wires would cause more brightness with the borderline bright utopia. The moment I tried the all silver cable my concerns went out the window. I got more detail than before but no added sibilance (Sibilance is a deal breaker to me as I am very sensitive to it)

May 29, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #3,697 of 6,459
How do you which one would be better S3-S3c or Einvaldi? I am looking at 8wire or maybe even 12wire version ofS3/s3c,but I am not sure it wouldbe to bright sounding with top silver

I was in the same boat because I was concerned the silver wires would cause more brightness with the borderline bright utopia. The moment I tried the all silver cable my concerns went out the window. I got more detail than before but no added sibilance (Sibilance is a deal breaker to me as I am very sensitive to it)

My experience was the same. I really dislike sibilance. I was concerned about silver being bright, but I actually find it very well balanced. If your upstream gear is already bright though, you'll likely get more of the same, so YMMV.

The S3 is definitely the flagship product (as compared to the S3-C). You can ask Trevor about 8-wire (or even 12). It likely depends on the resolving capability of your HPs (and I assume Utopias are plenty resolving) and gear. For my Auteur, he said 8-wire was probably overkill, but I might see some slight improvement with my LCD-4.

May 30, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #3,699 of 6,459
Not my best photography, but my latest Norne acquisition - S3 for my Ether 2. Wanted something a bit different, so went for purple. Have no time to listen to it since it was my wife's b-day today.

vv21uaU.jpg

May 31, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #3,700 of 6,459
Not my best photography, but my latest Norne acquisition - S3 for my Ether 2. Wanted something a bit different, so went for purple. Have no time to listen to it since it was my wife's b-day today.

vv21uaU.jpg
Wow! I love that color

Jun 1, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #3,702 of 6,459
Not my best photography,
Hope your wife had a great bday! I have another tracking coming soon for you. Thanks again for being so kind during the process and thank you for
the support.

Trevor sent me a S3C just prior to my surgery, damn, I may never go back to copper! .

Hope you are recovering well buddy, I will send you an email soon on the other item.

Finally got my ZMF Verite Ziricote today and was able to to pair with Silvergrade S3Thank you!

Thanks for the post audiofest, appreciate it!

To all just an update:
Working long hours this weekend in the workshop, should have a lot of tracking numbers sent in email.
Any questions or if needing update please just email me directly. Reply back should be within hours this weekend actually.
Thanks to all for the support and patience as always. Without you guys I wouldn't be able to do what I love for a living.
So I do appreciate you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back