Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 23, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,471 of 6,459
hi,im in the market for new cable to go with my he6, been using draugh series for both hd800 and he500,very happy with them but now on the fence between solvx and draugh
frown.gif

not sure what is better choice so can you please give me some advice
really thanks and appreciate all sugestion

It probably boils down to personal preference on some level. I use the Draug 2 with my modded HE-6 and find it to be a synergistic combination, but I find the HE-6 to be a bit peaky and etched in the treble - a trait that doesn't bother everyone. I suspect the solvx would be more delineated in comparison, and thus be more "detail forward", but perhaps that's an incorrect assumption. In any case, I have no regrets with the Draug 2/HE-6 combination, and have no desire to explore additional cables with this headphone...if that says anything.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,472 of 6,459
It probably boils down to personal preference on some level. I use the Draug 2 with my modded HE-6 and find it to be a synergistic combination, but I find the HE-6 to be a bit peaky and etched in the treble - a trait that doesn't bother everyone. I suspect the solvx would be more delineated in comparison, and thus be more "detail forward", but perhaps that's an incorrect assumption. In any case, I have no regrets with the Draug 2/HE-6 combination, and have no desire to explore additional cables with this headphone...if that says anything.

+1, Agree with Joel, think the Draug 2 or Zoetic would be the way to go with HE6, IMO..

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,473 of 6,459
Just placed my order with Trevor for a run of Zoetic cable for my HD800s. 

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,474 of 6,459
Just placed my order with Trevor for a run of Zoetic cable for my HD800s. 

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

Looking forward to reading how they match up, love the way Zoetic Cable looks.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #1,475 of 6,459
Yeah me too.  I went with the dark red with grey tracer herring bone.  The splitter is a bloodwood with black fill.  Left connector is silver and right is red metallic.  Should look beautiful with the black and silver HD800s.  This should be a significant step up from my Moon Blue Dragons (which are nice in their own right).

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,476 of 6,459

thanks for your feed back, i also found that the draug helped taming down treble peak in both he500/hd800 so been enjoying them so far, the reason for my concern is i dont find any treble harsh with stock cable on he6, cant stand stock cable on he500, so wonder should it be better to go with solvx since the draug may be too warm for he6.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,480 of 6,459
Hey everyone, I browsed through several pages but I couldn't find a comparison between the Draug 2 and the new Zoetic cables.  I know both cables add bass impact and mids, among other things, but how are they different?  Is it mainly a case of aesthetics or are there noticeable sonic differences as well?

I ask because previous posts said the Draug 2 would pair well with the HD800 and HE-560, but some newer posts say Zoetic would be better.  I am considering some cables for my HE-400i (hopefully upgrade to HE-560 later which can use the same cable) and possibly a HD800.  I am using an Oppo HA-1 as DAC/Amp.

Thanks!

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,481 of 6,459
^i have have the Draug 2 on my HE560 and have heard it on the HD800, the Zoetic on the Ether. Both are great cables with similar properties. The Zoetic is physically light, a little less expensive, the Draug 2 heavier, is a little more expensive. IMO, the Draug 2 is slightly better, very slightly. I suggest calling Trevor at Norne for the bottom line differentiation.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,482 of 6,459
Thanks Wildcatsabre! I asked Trevor just now and he pretty much said the same thing. I guess I will go for the Draug 2 for HD800 if I ever get the headphone. I just worry it will be a bit bright with my HA-1 but I wonder if the Draug would fix that.

I think someone earlier in this thread had this combination (IAMBLEST I think). Did the Draug fix the brightness for him? Or anyone else for that matter.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,483 of 6,459
I ordered a 15' run of the Zoetic for my HD800s. Trevor told me it would be a good match for them. (Didn't say better or worse). He did say that due to the long run, the Draug world be very expensive to make in that length.

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #1,484 of 6,459
Thanks Wildcatsabre! I asked Trevor just now and he pretty much said the same thing. I guess I will go for the Draug 2 for HD800 if I ever get the headphone. I just worry it will be a bit bright with my HA-1 but I wonder if the Draug would fix that.

I think someone earlier in this thread had this combination (IAMBLEST I think). Did the Draug fix the brightness for him? Or anyone else for that matter.

Draug 2 is a stellar match for the hd800. You'll be very pleased. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,485 of 6,459
I just purchased the Vorpal for a new set of C6IEMs due soon. Can't wait to see them, should be as great as the Solv was for my HE400i. Trevor is truly an artist in his craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back