Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #46 of 6,459
Ah-OK-thanks for your reply.

As I said before,I'm a newbie at this..
What does all of the above answer...............mean?

I've ordered the Skuld 4,with the option from Trevor ,to let me test  a Skuld 8 {8 x25awg }.,and exchange ,if I so decide.
When you say "lighter",do you mean in SQ?

I'm coming from a Lyr,which from what I'm reading is an entirely different animal-correct?

Mike, when I said lighter I meant physically lighter. Really cool of Trevor to let you demo the Skuld 8 so you can see which one you like. As for the Lyr and the tubes I'll read about you rolling, yea..I'd say it's a completely different animal :p

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #49 of 6,459
That is where you take Trevor to PM and ask him to be transparent and without bias.
Obviously ask what advantage his cryo process has,  What the difference between the 
Litz v Tri level litz  is, etc. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #50 of 6,459
Quote:

Unfortunately no, I've only heard the Norn v2 8 conductor and a Norn v2 4 conductor for my Mad Dogs

Quote:
OK-great
Do you have an answer to my question??

Those two posts were mike's and I's 300th post.

Three = tri-lvl litz in a Norse Audio Impressions thread.

Coincidence?

I think not

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #51 of 6,459
Quote:

Those two posts were mike's and I's 300th post.

Coincidence?

I think not

By some design we were destined to be here. But what is our purpose? 
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #52 of 6,459
Quote:
That is where you take Trevor to PM and ask him to be transparent and without bias.
Obviously ask what advantage his cryo process has,  What the difference between the 
Litz v Tri level litz  is, etc. 

Good idea...I'll save up all my questions & ask them at once.
Trevor's been really patient with me,these last 2 days-you'd think I was buying a house,-almost as many questions as hit you with..LOL

Quote:

Unfortunately no, I've only heard the Norn v2 8 conductor and a Norn v2 4 conductor for my Mad Dogs

How do you like them..

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #53 of 6,459
Quote:
Trevor's been really patient with me,these last 2 days-you'd think I was buying a house,-almost as many questions as hit you with..LOL

How do you like them..

Ah, you aren't all, that, that, that, that bad. 
tongue_smile.gif

I'll shut up now. Well, unless I buy a Norn or Skuld for comparisons. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #54 of 6,459
Thats OK Para,

I know you know the answer,but are afraid to post it...they are going out on Tueday,unfortunately,I wont have amp to test them..not unless I order my mjolnir...overnight,super-dooper,icbm missle delivery option---like some people do??,its only $6000.00 extra.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #55 of 6,459
Wait, what do you want to know?  I have the Skuld (8 conductor) and the Norn2 (4 conductor), although they are for different brands of headphones.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #56 of 6,459
Quote:

How do you like them..

Love them, besides the fact that they are awesome cables (neutrality/OCC/craftsmanship etc) Trevor's customer service is just stellar. I have yet to deal with a person from a company that handles customers the way he does, makes you actually feel like it's not just another cable sold for him. He'll answer any questions you have and help you find what cable is right for you. I don't just get headphone cables from him I get interconnects of all sorts customized to exactly what I need.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #57 of 6,459
Correct trilevel, like it sounds, stands for three level twist.  In the case of the cable it relates to in our lineup this means 7x3x8. 
All of our conductors are manufactured by Neotech.  Most know their capability and reputation.

If you would like clarification or have questions on design the best method for detailed response is email. 

We cannot post specific or detailed information on the threads here as it is against MOT rules.  We do not wish to introduce any bias to our products despite what Paradoxper is trying to implicate. 

Quote:

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #58 of 6,459
Quote:
Correct trilevel, like it sounds, stands for three level twist.  In the case of the cable it relates to in our lineup this means 7x3x8. 

If you would like clarification or have questions the best method for detailed response is email. 

We cannot post specific or detailed information on the threads here as it is against MOT rules.  We do not wish to introduce any bias to our products despite what Paradoxper is trying to implicate. 

Thanks for the clarification. And no, I was advising Mike the best way to get answers would be to message you directly.
And I think my comment about bias and transparency is actually fair. But this applies directly to every company
that offers a product. It wasn't a implication that you falsely list your product or anything.

Quite the contrary to what I've gathered from impressions here, as well as from many discussions with Norse owners.

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #59 of 6,459
Quote:
Well i have the Norn V1 and the V2, the V1 is one of the first 8-wire HE series cable that Trevor made and i am impressed from the build and the sound quality.

Thumbs up for Norse Audio,

Cheers Trevor,
Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, glad you are still diggin our cables!
Quote:
I'm in the process of placing an order, probably a Norn2 for my HE400's, cant wait!

EDIT: Just Ordered! Cant wait to see the cable!

Ned, they should be arriving at your door any day. 

Quote:
Thanks! I'll try to get a couple more pictures when my adapter and Skuld 4 arrives. As for impressions, they feel and look a lot better than the stock cable, and I love the Y-splitter. I'll probably hold off on all sound impressions as I'm still not exactly a believer yet (first set of aftermarket headphone cables).

The Skuld 4 and S8 adapter should actually arrive Tuesday, due to the holiday on Monday with USPS.  Apologies for giving you the wrong day on this. 
Quote:

Can anyone tell me ,if I will see much of a difference in SQ,between the two cables?
I would like to retain a neutral SQ with the Lcd's,as I'm expecting a big change with the mjolnir amp.
My previous amp was the Lyr.,which I loved.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated?
Also,as stated above,Trevor is absolutly fantastic..his e-mail replies are concise,to the point & detailed..a real professional.

Thanks
Mike

Mike, due to the Skuld being so new, impressions would be limited right now.  Most impressions out there are on our previous releases. 
I am more than happy to answer your questions via email in as much detail as you need, just let me know. 
Quote:
Mike, when I said lighter I meant physically lighter. Really cool of Trevor to let you demo the Skuld 8 so you can see which one you like. As for the Lyr and the tubes I'll read about you rolling, yea..I'd say it's a completely different animal
tongue.gif

The Skuld is actually our lightest physical weight cable at this time. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #60 of 6,459
Quote:
Wait, what do you want to know?  I have the Skuld (8 conductor) and the Norn2 (4 conductor), although they are for different brands of headphones.

OK-how about
Any real differences in build quality..or anything else. along that line??
I know you cant make any comparisons using 2 different headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back