Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #5,507 of 6,497
So, I'm glad the Silvergarde S4 came up...

I have a question that others may know the answer to.

Apparently up until about 1-2 years ago there was a silver cable in the Norne Audio lineup called either "Silver Draug" or "Draug Silver". I admit that I'm a new customer of Norne Audio and have only owned one cable(the Drausk) and I've only had that for about 5-6 months.

Does anyone know where the Silver Draug or Draug Silver fits into the Norne, silver cable lineup? How does it compare to the Silvergarde S4? I've done some reading into the many postings in this thread over the last few years and I'm still sort of puzzled. Was this an old flagship silver cable that was then replaced by the Silvergarde line?

The specs that I've been able to locate tell me that the Draug silver was equivalent 4x20awg, 24 wire tri-muli conductor, cotton cores.

If anyone can help on this I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #5,508 of 6,497
Got a Drausk in the mail last Friday after ordering it about a month ago. It's terminated with a 4 pin xlr and 3 pin mini xlrs to connect to my 1266. Really like the look of the copper with the clear sleeving, it's my favorite looking cable by far.
Norne Drausk Clear.jpg
I have another Drausk but in black plastic sleeving which is terminated also with a 4 pin xlr but with connectors for the HD800s. I posted a picture of it on here a while back but can post it side by side with my new one if that would be helpful for anyone.

Edit: I do not have any sound impressions of the cable at the time but as with all Norne cables that I've used, the build and ergonomics are excellent.
I have this same cable--the build quality, look, and feel of the cable are all very refined, as is the sound.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #5,509 of 6,497
Clear Drausk is very impressive looking!

I think i want to grab one of these, pure copper always sounds so nice!
Pure copper definitely sounds nice, and especially for those that like their mids, and lifelike vocals. Long live pure copper cables!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #5,510 of 6,497
Got a Drausk in the mail last Friday after ordering it about a month ago. It's terminated with a 4 pin xlr and 3 pin mini xlrs to connect to my 1266. Really like the look of the copper with the clear sleeving, it's my favorite looking cable by far.
Norne Drausk Clear.jpg
I have another Drausk but in black plastic sleeving which is terminated also with a 4 pin xlr but with connectors for the HD800s. I posted a picture of it on here a while back but can post it side by side with my new one if that would be helpful for anyone.

Edit: I do not have any sound impressions of the cable at the time but as with all Norne cables that I've used, the build and ergonomics are excellent.
I’ll be waiting for the sound impression with TC. I‘m also looking for a cable for TC, but since Trevor’s out of stock with Vykari and S4, it got me thinking perhaps Drausk would be suitable.

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #5,511 of 6,497
I’ll be waiting for the sound impression with TC. I‘m also looking for a cable for TC, but since Trevor’s out of stock with Vykari and S4, it got me thinking perhaps Drausk would be suitable.
That was exactly the reason I went with the Drausk. I had been talking with Trevor for about 4 months in hopes that I could get a Vykari but it wasn't working out so I just went with the Drausk since the stock 1266 cable ergonomics were bothering me. I'm going to let the Drausk burn-in or at least use it for some time before comparing to the stock cable but will post here once I do.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #5,512 of 6,497
I can also strongly recommend the HCP Noir MK2 cable by ForzaAudioWorks in Poland. I have 2 of those cables and they are really fine...

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #5,513 of 6,497
Thought I'd take a side by side of my three Norne cables in case it's helpful for anyone interested in either a Drausk or Silvegarde S3-C. From left to right: Drausk with clear sleeving and copper triangle with raised silver inlay, Drausk with black sleeving and stealth black triangle with raised silver inlay, Silvergarde S3-C with clear sleeving and silver triangle with flush silver inlay. All cables are 6ft.
3 Nornes.jpg

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #5,515 of 6,497
Are the Drausk cables heavy? I’ve been thinking about getting one for my Ironwood Verite (which is already a 600g headphone).

I absolutely love all the large gauge copper used, but wonder if it makes the cable quite heavy?
Not heavy in the least. They look heavier than they actually are.

My single-ended 2M for the Fidelio X2s (purchased from Ghent Audio) has fewer, thinner wires + a thick rubber coating; it's definitely heavier than the 7 ft. long Drausk.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #5,516 of 6,497
Are the Drausk cables heavy? I’ve been thinking about getting one for my Ironwood Verite (which is already a 600g headphone).

I absolutely love all the large gauge copper used, but wonder if it makes the cable quite heavy?

Yep @Pharmaboy is right, not heavy at all.

I'm running a African blackwood Verite(578g) with a 9 ft Drausk(black) with Eidolic rhodium mini-xlr connections. Not heavy.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #5,517 of 6,497
So, I'm glad the Silvergarde S4 came up...

I have a question that others may know the answer to.

Apparently up until about 1-2 years ago there was a silver cable in the Norne Audio lineup called either "Silver Draug" or "Draug Silver". I admit that I'm a new customer of Norne Audio and have only owned one cable(the Drausk) and I've only had that for about 5-6 months.

Does anyone know where the Silver Draug or Draug Silver fits into the Norne, silver cable lineup? How does it compare to the Silvergarde S4? I've done some reading into the many postings in this thread over the last few years and I'm still sort of puzzled. Was this an old flagship silver cable that was then replaced by the Silvergarde line?

The specs that I've been able to locate tell me that the Draug silver was equivalent 4x20awg, 24 wire tri-muli conductor, cotton cores.

If anyone can help on this I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks
While I dont have the complete answer. Early this year (Feb) before it became impossible to get all of his silver supplies in Trevor was thinking about doing a Draug Silver v2 and even a Silver Solvine. I would guess that it (Draug Silver) slots in under the S4 as the Draugs traditionally used a smaller gauge, and in the end I think the total gauge is what dictates the performance level. The braiding "tunes" the cables and is the reason for the versions and different braids. I find the new hybrid to be the best blend of detail, body, sparkle and smoothness of any of the cables i have tried from Norne (and its been a lot). Of course I could be completely off the mark here.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #5,518 of 6,497

It's heavier than most stock cables I've used. But only heavier by a bit and on my 1266 and HD800 the Drausk does not pull on the headphone at all for me.

Sep 24, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #5,519 of 6,497
While I dont have the complete answer. Early this year (Feb) before it became impossible to get all of his silver supplies in Trevor was thinking about doing a Draug Silver v2 and even a Silver Solvine. I would guess that it (Draug Silver) slots in under the S4 as the Draugs traditionally used a smaller gauge, and in the end I think the total gauge is what dictates the performance level. The braiding "tunes" the cables and is the reason for the versions and different braids. I find the new hybrid to be the best blend of detail, body, sparkle and smoothness of any of the cables i have tried from Norne (and its been a lot). Of course I could be completely off the mark here.
What hybrid do you have? IEM or full size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back