Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #5,446 of 6,460
My order is pure copper occ litzs.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #5,448 of 6,460
I’m curious how long is the wait from ordering to door from others over the last 3-6 months? I’m around a month and a half so far and no email response.

My experience has shown that it’s anywhere between 1 month and 1 year…but average around 4. Worth the wait though!

Silver has been the biggest problem i think and most of the copper cables i have ordered have been in the few months time range.

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #5,450 of 6,460
image.jpg

I hate to say it, but Solvine just met is match for enjoyment!

This is a new hybrid that Trevor will be bringing out soon. It is a quad braid cable with three conductors per strand, two copper/silver hybrid and one copper. Generally speaking cable rolling shows nuance, but in the case of swapping from Solvine to this new hybrid... the changes were easily distinguishable.

The new cable enhanced the clarity and sparkle in the highs and increased the engagement by upping the detail presentation. In comparison, the Solvine sounds more mellow and smooth. They are a great pair of cables to own!

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #5,451 of 6,460
image.jpg

This is a new hybrid that Trevor will be bringing out soon. It is a quad braid cable with three conductors per strand, two copper/silver hybrid and one copper. Generally speaking cable rolling shows nuance, but in the case of swapping from Solvine to this new hybrid... the changes were easily distinguishable.

The new cable enhanced the clarity and sparkle in the highs and increased the engagement by upping the detail presentation. In comparison, the Solvine sounds more mellow and smooth. They are a great pair of cables to own!
Looks gorgeous

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #5,452 of 6,460
image.jpg

Sound impressions always appreciated.

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #5,453 of 6,460
How is that different from the Vykari?

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #5,454 of 6,460
image.jpg

Congratulations.

I love the thick guage of your new cable. Has Tervor shared a name for this new cable? You've definitely piqued my interest.

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #5,455 of 6,460
image.jpg

If you don’t mind me asking, what did it cost? Might have to get one this fall or Christmas…

Aug 4, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #5,456 of 6,460
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #5,457 of 6,460

Killer! Thanks for sharing, and now I am lusting after another Norne cable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #5,458 of 6,460
Killer! Thanks for sharing, and now I am lusting after another Norne cable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Everything including silver is hard to get right now.

My order should be swnt out soon (at least I got a new tracking link last week)

And when I asked for New quotes he told me that his pure silver stuff might take a while.
(For fusion these new additions should be in stock though)

Aug 4, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #5,459 of 6,460
Everything including silver is hard to get right now.

My order should be swnt out soon (at least I got a new tracking link last week)

And when I asked for New quotes he told me that his pure silver stuff might take a while.
(For fusion these new additions should be in stock though)

Trevor said the same thing. For this cable he was able to stock up on the silver/copper fusion and of all things is waiting for more of the copper stranding...quick/smart thinking on Trevors part.

How is that different from the Vykari?

Basically what was said above I was interested in another Solvine with fewer conductors to make it more portable and Trevor recommended trying this one out. The combination of fewer strands and quad weave make it a bit more pliable than the druag style braid. I do not have the copper/silver percentages, but this is a higher percentage of copper than Solvine, and probably close to 60/40 copper to silver.

I love the thick guage of your new cable. Has Tervor shared a name for this new cable? You've definitely piqued my interest.

I do not have a name for it yet, but he said it would be part of the regular offerings in the near future.

It is a lovely sounding cable that elevates the detail and airiness of the headphones. It is also my first 4.4 cable...to be used on the go with a hip dac and WA11. Another reason I wanted to go with something a little more flexible and light.

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #5,460 of 6,460
Trevor said the same thing. For this cable he was able to stock up on the silver/copper fusion and of all things is waiting for more of the copper stranding...quick/smart thinking on Trevors part.

Basically what was said above I was interested in another Solvine with fewer conductors to make it more portable and Trevor recommended trying this one out. The combination of fewer strands and quad weave make it a bit more pliable than the druag style braid. I do not have the copper/silver percentages, but this is a higher percentage of copper than Solvine, and probably close to 60/40 copper to silver.

I do not have a name for it yet, but he said it would be part of the regular offerings in the near future.

It is a lovely sounding cable that elevates the detail and airiness of the headphones. It is also my first 4.4 cable...to be used on the go with a hip dac and WA11. Another reason I wanted to go with something a little more flexible and light.

Thank you for your reply. I will keep an eye on the new offerings from Trevor aswell.

I owned the WA11. I really loved it and only sold it, in haste, when my schedule changed just before Covid.

Now my schedule is picking back up again and I'm actually in the need of more portable solutions. With that said I think I should be in contact with Trevor as I actually just purchased my first pair of IEMs and am now looking for a DAP. *gasp*. It's alot to think about for a lover of full sized gear. But I'm thankful that new challenges have presented themselves and have called me up. I'm sure I'll have an order in with Trevor soon to keep on with the tunes regardless of location.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back