Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 11, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #3,961 of 6,461
I have a new S3 balanced for LCD4z to use with the new GSX Mini if I ever get it. Got the notice to pay for it but no idea when it will ship.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #3,963 of 6,461
After an inquiry about cables to Trevor 15 months ago and a long decision making process, I finally picked up my Silvergarde S3 this morning! Took some quick pics from my phone, but I can't wait to give them a proper audition.

IMAG1871.jpg
IMAG1872.jpg
IMAG1873.jpg
IMAG1874.jpg
IMAG1875.jpg
IMAG1876.jpg

Sep 11, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #3,964 of 6,461
My Therium cable still performs beautifully on my i4s, and just had Trevor build me a new S3 for the LCDi4. Should be here soon, now all I need is to get the new mini amp to drive them balanced. Can't wait to see how they scale with the new amp and the new S3 cable. I will take some images and post up when all arrives.
It really is staggering, what Trevor's silver cables can do with iems and full sized headphones! My Lyra II really went up a few notches, in all aspects of the sound. I was looking for another iem, before I got the Therium, and now I am content. I love Norne silver! :ksc75smile: I can only imagine, what the S3 will do for your i4s. . .

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #3,965 of 6,461
:triportsad:
I just scored an oldie but a goodie, Norne Therium iem cable! This cable took my Lyra II, to another level of resolution and extension on both ends. :ksc75smile: Just thought I would show some love, for the old stuff.
20190910_080000_zpseikdwrta.jpg

Cool! Your experience makes me more curious how the ordered Silvergarde SX (20awg) will sound paired with my CA Jupiter :ksc75smile:...

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #3,966 of 6,461
:triportsad:

Cool! Your experience makes me more curious how the ordered Silvergarde SX (20awg) will sound paired with my CA Jupiter :ksc75smile:...
I bet that would be an insanely good pairing! The Silvergarde SX, is my next iem cable, for sure. My CA Lyra II, sound as good as my full sized cans now, and I am not kidding.

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #3,967 of 6,461
After an inquiry about cables to Trevor 15 months ago and a long decision making process, I finally picked up my Silvergarde S3 this morning! Took some quick pics from my phone, but I can't wait to give them a proper audition.

Love that wood splitter!

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #3,968 of 6,461
Well i for one enjoy this thread, seeing so many happy people and i feel it's the only one on headfi without an element of rude negativity. Enjoy everyone, whatever you listen to, on whatever you listen to it with. If it makes you happy, then it is good !

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #3,969 of 6,461
Yes it is all rainbows, unicorns and joining hands singing KumBaYa =)

But seriously Trevor's cables are functional Art pieces and very much enjoyed by all according to general consensus. Currently have Solvine and Therium in service single ended, and S3 for i4 should be delivered around Friday I think. S3 for LCD4z delivered, awaiting new mini amp to use new cables balanced.

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #3,970 of 6,461
Hey guys. Am thinking of an aftermarket cable for my newly acquired A12T.

Has anyone received their norne silvergarde for ciem? And what sonic improvements did you guys get from that cable?

So many aftermarket ciem cables available and some are just stupendously priced, costing as much and even more than the iem itself..

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,971 of 6,461
I wanted to take few moments to discuss my journey with Trevor and Norne Audio, especially given the frustration by a few over the past few weeks.

I've been buying cables from Trevor since the second year he was in business (Norse Audio), so about 10 years now. I've bought at least two dozen cables from him and various adapters and IC cables as well. Why so many? Because I've owned A LOT of headphones during my journey and every time I really like a headphone, I end up sending an email to Trevor asking for a Norne cable. At the end of this post I'll try to gather some of the older (and newer) Norne cables and link pics of them.

With regard to delays and the frustration over missed deadlines. Please understand that these cables are expertly hand crafted, one by one. They are not just beautiful visually but they make the most difference sonically that I've come across with any headphone cables. Consider this...I've worked with five companies during the development and beta process for new to market headphones. And with some of those companies (Mrspeakers, hifiman) I've worked on projects spanning multiple headphones. Now, let me say this. There has not been one headphone project that I've ever been involved with where there wasn't something left on the table sonically with the stock cable, ever. It's simply a matter of economics. All headphone companies need to make a certain margin to remain profitable.

Take my own pair of ETHER 2 headphones. The Vivo cable that is included stock is probably the best stock cable that I've ever come across for any headphone. Both sonically and functionally it is top tier. This cable is available on the Mrspeakers website for $299. The very cable sits in my desk drawer now collecting dust because I use a Draug 3 from Norne. The Draug 3 is better looking, better sounding and functionally less microphonic than the stock cable.

This will not be a popular comment but here goes any way. I've mentioned to Trevor a few times that he should consider raising his prices. Why? Because he charges less than some of his competitors and delivers a better product. And, I often see him struggling to keep up with demand and meet deadlines. Without divulging his personal comments and business strategies, he has told me "no" each time I've mentioned this. He would rather deliver a better product and undercut the competition at the same time. Good on you Trevor. We should all take a moment to appreciate the product and pricing when it comes to deadlines.

Please be patient with our friend here when it comes to deadline. Know that you're getting a hand crafted work of art for less than you'd get somewhere else. And understand that this guy bust his butt to get orders out, but that he has a life and that sometimes life becomes more important than work. Family issues with always take precedence and they should. We all have life crisis from time to time and have to put work aside. Personally, just last week I had to take a week off and drive to VA to take care of my mother. I own a business not unlike Trevor. Time off is unpaid and it's always difficult to give up work time, but we all do what we have to take take care of family. Then catching up after these unexpected life events is a real challenge. But just know that while the delay is never pleasant the product is being crafted as expeditiously as possible and that you'll get a cable that you'll be proud to own each time you use it.

Well said Matt, I’m in full agreement. I’ve been using Trevor’s cables on a multitude of different headphones, the Utopia, HD800, Audeze/ZMF, nd they are the best I’ve heard and each one is a unique gem. I’m using the S3 now on my ZMF Cans, and compared too their well designed and built Michanikós, it has better treble soundstage and tonality.

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #3,973 of 6,461
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190919153004222_COVER~2.jpg 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190919122923475_COVER~2.jpg IMG_20190918_081238.jpg

Just received my Silvergarde SX and I want to share some pictures of this beauty. Trevor is truly a craftsman. This is with the Eidolic titanium 2.5mm jack and SXR splitter.

Out of my Hidition NT6, the sound is more dynamic and fuller with a slight tinge of warmth. Despite notes being weightier, the sense of speed and instrument separation that the NT6 is known for is not compromised. If anything, details are easier to pick out and bass sounds more textured. Highs still retains the sparkle but seems more composed.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #3,974 of 6,461
S3 layered 8 wire and HD 800S.
fullsizeoutput_1753.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back