Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 26, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #3,616 of 6,459
Some impressions here on Norne Einvaldi with Meze Empyrean. Recently, I was lucky being able to buy a used Einvaldi cable from a nice guy here in the forum. This is my first silver/hybrid cable from Norne Audio, so I cannot comment on Einvaldi vs. other pure silver cables from Norne Audio. But I have experience with several copper and silver cables from other manufacturers, partly also in combination with the Empyrean.

What I can say, is that the Einvaldi cable excels on all fronts. Looking at the pictures, one might think that Trevor's cables could be stiff and heavy (I thought that too). They are not at all. The Einvaldi is very flexible, not heavy, and boy, what a beauty! Regarding its sound quality, it does not only outperform the stock cable of the Empyrean, but also Meze's really good 7n copper upgrade cable (as well as a pure silver cable from another manufacturer, which I was able to try). Sure, for twice the price, the Einvaldi should sound better, and it does. My impressions of the Einvaldi are very similar those posted by @yellowblue and @NEXTLEVEL5 recently, but in combination with other high end headphones. So it seems that the Einvaldi is a great match for many headphones.

The Einvaldi offers great resolution and a really silky-smooth treble. No harshness, no siblance. But what is even more important in combination with the more or less dark sounding and laid-back Empyrean: With the Einvaldi, PRaT improves considerably, the Empyrean appears to be faster, bass is tighter and better defined. Also voices are a bit less laid-back, which improves the Empyrean with the velours pads. The Einvaldi does not completely change the relaxed sounding nature of the Empyrean (no cable can really do), but it improves this headphone in many respects. The synergy of the Einvaldi with the Empyrean with velours pads is great (a bit less so with the leather pads which are still too dark sounding)! Regarding the Empyrean, I am still hoping for more neutral and less laid-back sounding ear pads in a few months. The Einvaldi really helps to bridge that time and makes me really enjoy the Empyrean again. It is a great cable in every respect, without any drawback and obviously a great match for most high-end headphones.

35562946mk.jpg
WOW!

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #3,617 of 6,459
I give up!! How do you order a Silvergarde or Therium cable for my IEMs from Norne? The website has issues.

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #3,618 of 6,459
I give up!! How do you order a Silvergarde or Therium cable for my IEMs from Norne? The website has issues.

Use the enquiry link on the website, it will email Trevor directly and you can open an email dialogue with him and he is extremely helpful with information. You can place an order with him like that. He will invoice you via PayPal. This is how I ordered my Silvergarde SX and an adapter for my Sony PHA-3 amp balanced input.

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #3,619 of 6,459
@interweb-tech , beautiful cable, and with my past experience with Trevor’s work it will sound even better than it looks! He must be very busy getting new cables out the door, I haven’t been able to reach for a couple weeks.

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,620 of 6,459

Will have a phone call for you soon Wild. Sorry for missing your recent call.
(edit: just gave you a call, got VM, will try again a bit later today)

Some impressions here on Norne Einvaldi with Meze Empyrean.

I appreciate the thoughts and impressions, thank you very much for taking the time here.

Just arrived today (thanks Trevor!). Vorpal Series Type 4 OCC Litz 8-wire IEM cable. Will be test driving the gorgeous and supple Vorpal with my 64 Audio U12t.

Glad you have it in hand and thanks again for your continued support interweb.

Claud I will send you an email to see what the issue was on the Silvergarde page (it is on the website), the Therium is currently not available.
I am working on a bunch of new stuff for ciem (lower range) but Therium is getting a replacement and getting updated.
I cannot wait until I have the new website launched asap as it will be easier for me to update as well being very nice to navigate for everyone else.
I definitely know the frustrations of navigation on the current site.

Will check back and followup again soon on here, thanks everyone for patience and support.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #3,621 of 6,459
Will have a phone call for you soon Wild. Sorry for missing your recent call.
(edit: just gave you a call, got VM, will try again a bit later today)

@TigzStudio , out doing yard work, I have a Wells Audio Milo coming in and wanted to get your opinion on the best match for it and the WA5, both being darker amps.

I appreciate the thoughts and impressions, thank you very much for taking the time here.

Glad you have it in hand and thanks again for your continued support interweb.

Claud I will send you an email to see what the issue was on the Silvergarde page (it is on the website), the Therium is currently not available.
I am working on a bunch of new stuff for ciem (lower range) but Therium is getting a replacement and getting updated.
I cannot wait until I have the new website launched asap as it will be easier for me to update as well being very nice to navigate for everyone else.
I definitely know the frustrations of navigation on the current site.

Will check back and followup again soon on here, thanks everyone for patience and support.

Trevor, my question is in the box above.

Apr 27, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #3,622 of 6,459
@TigzStudio Trevor built me a lovely Einvaldi Reference cable that he says is tuned for maximum transparency for my ZMF Verite.

As one might expect, Einvaldi being 8-wire is heavier than my Silvergarde S3, but it's super pliable and has his signature comfort / easy handling down pat. Most importantly, the sound is great! I'm not remotely inclined to do any critical A/B listening vs the Silvergarde S3 on my various headphones, both are great cables. I'm just enjoying the music. :)

IMG_20190427_232401.jpg IMG_20190427_232329.jpg IMG_20190427_232416.jpg IMG_20190427_232444.jpg

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #3,623 of 6,459
Got my Einvaldi, but still waiting for my Verite.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #3,624 of 6,459
@TigzStudio Trevor built me a lovely Einvaldi Reference cable that he says is tuned for maximum transparency for my ZMF Verite.

As one might expect, Einvaldi being 8-wire is heavier than my Silvergarde S3, but it's super pliable and has his signature comfort / easy handling down pat. Most importantly, the sound is great! I'm not remotely inclined to do any critical A/B listening vs the Silvergarde S3 on my various headphones, both are great cables. I'm just enjoying the music. :)

I’d love to read about your experience with your Vérité and Norne, were you able to compare to ZMF’s Michanikós?

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #3,625 of 6,459
I opened my Silvergarde S3 today. Thank you Trevor @TigzStudio for a wonderfully made cable that looks exactly how I wanted. It's a great match for my ZMF Eikon! It feels good to know I'm done with cable upgrades after my first purchase. Gives me more time to obsess over tube rolling, lol.

CXJCeYx.jpg

I81ynyp.jpg

VcV7DJF.jpg

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #3,626 of 6,459
As one might expect, Einvaldi being 8-wire is heavier than my Silvergarde S3, but it's super pliable and has his signature comfort / easy handling down pat. Most importantly, the sound is great! I'm not remotely inclined to do any critical A/B listening vs the Silvergarde S3 on my various headphones, both are great cables. I'm just enjoying the music.

Would you say one cable would lean more towards warmth or dynamics?

May 3, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #3,627 of 6,459
Still waiting for my email quote I sent him last week I guess he is really busy or a very much needed vacation.

Trevor when you get a chance can you give me a quote? This will be for the Meze Empyrean. Looking for the THICK silver cable see attached picture (not shown on website PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE )

Thanks

1. Looking for a 5 ft to a 4.4mm balanced what is the price on this $
2. Also need a 4.4mm balanced to a 4-pin adapter cable price $
3. Then a 4.4mm to a Single ended 1/4 standard price?

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE
thumbnail

May 3, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #3,628 of 6,459
I was out of office one day this week (unavoidable) but am catching up on all quotes and emails.
I do have your email, and anticipate all emails to be replied to between this evening and tomorrow morning finally.

to all:
I will be going through all emails to make sure I have not missed any replies, but also please feel
free to bump your email in my inbox anytime if desired. A big thank you for hanging in there with me this week.

May 4, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #3,629 of 6,459
@TigzStudio Trevor I've been sending you so many emails lately and I didn't get any reply. Can you please send me my paypal invoice?

Thanks,
Norman

May 4, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #3,630 of 6,459

Users who are viewing this thread

Back