Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 13, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #3,601 of 6,459
That granite looks like my kitchen counters. Have to remember that it makes a great photo background

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #3,602 of 6,459
Happy to report that I have just recently been able to grab a Draug 3 for my LCD-3 & ZMF headphones.

Enjoying it with my LCD-3 at the moment.

Let me know how the Draug 3 plays with your ZMF Cans, please!

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #3,603 of 6,459
Just received shipping update for the silvergarde S3 that I ordered. Eagerly waiting

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #3,605 of 6,459
My Einvaldi has shipped.

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #3,606 of 6,459
Looking forward to reading your impressions!!!

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #3,608 of 6,459
That is one sharp looking cable! Can't wait for my new Silvergarde SX to arrive for my CIEMs.
Been curious about these as well. Would like to hear your impressions later.

I got a great deal on an 8-wire silver IEM cable in 26awg, but still curious how it compares to a 4-wire in 21awg. Big difference in thickness.

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #3,610 of 6,459
I'm a Norne believer now too. I bought an S2 from a fellow head-fier to use with my LCD-4. I also picked up a ZMF Auteur Blackwood and had a couple folks ask me about sound comparisons on the cables I had (stock, Black Dragon, Silver Dragon, Cardas Clear Light, ZMF Michanikos) which I posted in that thread (I probably just annoyed everyone with all of my cable talk). In any case, short of it is that the S2 was the clear favorite. All the talk of silver potentially being bright or harsh has been entirely contrary to my experience. The top end was if anything had a more smooth FR and significantly increased resolution and detail which helped with soundstaging. For me, I don't see as much use going copper anymore (although maybe I haven't heard a really great copper cable).

So, I have silver fever now. I ordered a S3-C for my new-to-me HEK V2 (thanks again @koven!). Hopefully that is shipping any day now since I'm dying to see what the HPs can really do. I wanted to buy some silver interconnects and saw that there is a tab on that on the Norne website, although no products listed. I submitted an inquiry about on the website, but never heard back (in the end didn't matter since I ended up getting a fantastic deal on a closeout Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7). From reading the last 40-pages in this thread, it sounds like e-mailing Trevor is the better way to go.

I'd like to go either S3/Draug silver for my Ether 2 at some point (using the stock Vivo cable which seems decent). I'm even more interested in the S3 8-wire since I can give that cable triple usage with my LCD-4, Auteur, and the Verite that i have on order, but I still haven't really seen any impressions of the S3 8-wire and if that makes much of a difference over the standard 4 wire.

I do have sometimes have audio nervosa sometimes, but it's been really fun lately and I've been really happy with all of my latest acquisitions and my Norne S2 undoubtedly included.

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #3,612 of 6,459
Some impressions here on Norne Einvaldi with Meze Empyrean. Recently, I was lucky being able to buy a used Einvaldi cable from a nice guy here in the forum. This is my first silver/hybrid cable from Norne Audio, so I cannot comment on Einvaldi vs. other pure silver cables from Norne Audio. But I have experience with several copper and silver cables from other manufacturers, partly also in combination with the Empyrean.

What I can say, is that the Einvaldi cable excels on all fronts. Looking at the pictures, one might think that Trevor's cables could be stiff and heavy (I thought that too). They are not at all. The Einvaldi is very flexible, not heavy, and boy, what a beauty! Regarding its sound quality, it does not only outperform the stock cable of the Empyrean, but also Meze's really good 7n copper upgrade cable (as well as a pure silver cable from another manufacturer, which I was able to try). Sure, for twice the price, the Einvaldi should sound better, and it does. My impressions of the Einvaldi are very similar those posted by @yellowblue and @NEXTLEVEL5 recently, but in combination with other high end headphones. So it seems that the Einvaldi is a great match for many headphones.

The Einvaldi offers great resolution and a really silky-smooth treble. No harshness, no siblance. But what is even more important in combination with the more or less dark sounding and laid-back Empyrean: With the Einvaldi, PRaT improves considerably, the Empyrean appears to be faster, bass is tighter and better defined. Also voices are a bit less laid-back, which improves the Empyrean with the velours pads. The Einvaldi does not completely change the relaxed sounding nature of the Empyrean (no cable can really do), but it improves this headphone in many respects. The synergy of the Einvaldi with the Empyrean with velours pads is great (a bit less so with the leather pads which are still too dark sounding)! Regarding the Empyrean, I am still hoping for more neutral and less laid-back sounding ear pads in a few months. The Einvaldi really helps to bridge that time and makes me really enjoy the Empyrean again. It is a great cable in every respect, without any drawback and obviously a great match for most high-end headphones.

35562946mk.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #3,613 of 6,459
Some impressions here on Norne Einvaldi with Meze Empyrean. Recently, I was lucky being able to buy a used Einvaldi cable from a nice guy here in the forum. This is my first silver/hybrid cable from Norne Audio, so I cannot comment on Einvaldi vs. other pure silver cables from Norne Audio. But I have experience with several copper and silver cables from other manufacturers, partly also in combination with the Empyrean.

What I can say, is that the Einvaldi cable excels on all fronts. Looking at the pictures, one might think that Trevor's cables could be stiff and heavy (I thought that too). They are not at all. The Einvaldi is very flexible, not heavy, and boy, what a beauty! Regarding its sound quality, it does not only outperform the stock cable of the Empyrean, but also Meze's really good 7n copper upgrade cable (as well as a pure silver cable from another manufacturer, which I was able to try). Sure, for twice the price, the Einvaldi should sound better, and it does. My impressions of the Einvaldi are very similar those posted by @yellowblue and @NEXTLEVEL5 recently, but in combination with other high end headphones. So it seems that the Einvaldi is a great match for many headphones.

The Einvaldi offers great resolution and a really silky-smooth treble. No harshness, no siblance. But what is even more important in combination with the more or less dark sounding and laid-back Empyrean: With the Einvaldi, PRaT improves considerably, the Empyrean appears to be faster, bass is tighter and better defined. Also voices are a bit less laid-back, which improves the Empyrean with the velours pads. The Einvaldi does not completely change the relaxed sounding nature of the Empyrean (no cable can really do), but it improves this headphone in many respects. The synergy of the Einvaldi with the Empyrean with velours pads is great (a bit less so with the leather pads which are still too dark sounding)! Regarding the Empyrean, I am still hoping for more neutral and less laid-back sounding ear pads in a few months. The Einvaldi really helps to bridge that time and makes me really enjoy the Empyrean again. It is a great cable in every respect, without any drawback and obviously a great match for most high-end headphones.

35562946mk.jpg

Wow, that cable is gorgeous!

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #3,614 of 6,459
Just arrived today (thanks Trevor!). Vorpal Series Type 4 OCC Litz 8-wire IEM cable. Will be test driving the gorgeous and supple Vorpal with my 64 Audio U12t.

IMG_20190425_131919.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back