Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 13, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3,346 of 6,464
Rutter, you won’t be happy here.
You won’t be happy not having a website updated (you already aren’t). You won’t be happy when trevor is too busy making cables and may take a few days to respond to you.
You won’t be happy when trevor can’t give you a definite date that the cable will be ready or that the cable isn’t made for you within a week.

Your posts here, including your views and the way you express yourself indicate that though your views are valid this thread/ these cables might not be a good match for you.

Exhibit A:

Edit: maybe i should add three exclamation marks too!!!

I think Mr. Rutter may just be one of those peeps who are just permanently pissed off.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #3,347 of 6,464
For those of you who plan to buy from Trevor, I suggest you go for the Beadblast splitter, it's truly a beauty!:L3000:

IMG_20180914_073240.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #3,348 of 6,464
Banner for a new cable has been updated on norne website.

Screenshot_20180914-123158~2.png

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #3,349 of 6,464
Sense or no sense it's not easy managing everything when you're a small (a couple or three souls) company. I know that well having worked with a small team startup too. Beats spends quite a bit on presentation and bling-bling but its headphones are rather sh**tty.
I'd prefer Trevor focus on quality rather than creating a flashy website with colourful "toys" for one to stare at and end up rushing things.

Plus asking with an email is free as far as I know.
Just my opinion:)

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #3,350 of 6,464
Literally just talking about listing products so that potential buyers know what is available and can spend their money wisely. That's as basic as it gets. No use trying to spin it. I couldn't care less what Beats does and that has nothing to do with anything, nor was I asking to stare at anything but basic information. Talking about making inquiries through email is as presumptuous as it gets, and the hilarious thing is it might be more time-consuming for him.

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #3,351 of 6,464
Literally just talking about listing products so that potential buyers know what is available and can spend their money wisely. That's as basic as it gets. No use trying to spin it. I couldn't care less what Beats does and that has nothing to do with anything, nor was I asking to stare at anything but basic information. Talking about making inquiries through email is as presumptuous as it gets, and the hilarious thing is it might be more time-consuming for him.

You made your concern very clear, and Trevor responded to those concerns. He is pretty much a one man show who is super busy and does the best he can. Trevor is also literally the nicest guy you will ever deal with who goes far out of his way to make his customers happy.

There is simply nothing to be gained here by re-posting the same complaint over and over again.

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #3,352 of 6,464
Since I'm here, I really wanted to do a little write up on the new Volsung cable Trevor made for my LCD-2s, but literally days after I got it I developed pretty severe tinnitus and have been tip-toeing around any kind of listening ever since. What time I was able to get in on the cable left me very impressed. This is exactly the way I always wanted the LCD-2 to sound, it is pretty much tonally perfect for my tastes. That small bit of praise is the best review I can offer sadly.

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #3,353 of 6,464
You made your concern very clear, and Trevor responded to those concerns. He is pretty much a one man show who is super busy and does the best he can. Trevor is also literally the nicest guy you will ever deal with who goes far out of his way to make his customers happy.

There is simply nothing to be gained here by re-posting the same complaint over and over again.
Agree. Trevor is one of the nicest guy to deal with.

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #3,354 of 6,464
OK, so I have 4 cables from Trevor, one back from the "Norse" days. Sure the site is not updated as often and it can take sometime for delivery but I have to say that these cables are the finest boutique brand aftermarket cables bar none. Nobody comes close, (I would say Toxic but thats another story) and maybe ZMF a strong 3rd. For all complaining about the site or wait times you cant order a custom suit online or see the availability. You have to contact, order and wait a bit. Yeah, there can be delays but it works out in the end.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #3,356 of 6,464
So anyone been able to compare the Solvine 2 to the original Solvine yet?
really want to know too since i think i have original version of Solvine.
thanks.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #3,357 of 6,464
I have not had the pleasure of listening to a headphone connected via Solvine 1. BUT I do have Solvine 2 (weave of copper and silver individual wires) and it enables a gorgeous presentation with both LCD-X and LCD4z.
I have nothing derogatory to say about the cable. In fact it is so good that I am not being motivated to trade it in on a Draug 2 pure silver cable. Yet.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #3,359 of 6,464
EDIT on 09/16: Still working on finishing touches, hopefully just few more hours.

Just a quick update all:
This weekend I will finally be finishing off most of the updates.
Right now I estimate that by 4-8pm pst tomorrow most should finally be up. Layout will be adjusted a bit as well.

To rutter:
There will be a small static clickable banner at the top by tomorrow (below primary slider banner) that will have a single page information guide on all of the current available series.
This will help show you every single current available series in a single list and guide. In case folks prefer not to email me directly for questions or guidance this will be helpful.
The reason why I do not mention series directly in much detail on this particular thread and give explanations here is because I must abide by the rules
of Head-fi (as a MOT). So you must email me or wait for the site update for in depth details.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #3,360 of 6,464
OK, so I have 4 cables from Trevor, one back from the "Norse" days......
I appreciate the long time support Dan, thank you for the post. Those days seem like just yesterday for me, hard
to believe I have been doing this for 8+ years now.

Since I'm here, I really wanted to do a little write up on the new Volsund cable Trevor made for my LCD-2s, but literally days after I got it I developed pretty severe tinnitus and have been tip-toeing around any kind of listening ever since. What time I was able to get in on the cable left me very impressed. This is exactly the way I always wanted the LCD-2 to sound, it is pretty much tonally perfect for my tastes. That small bit of praise is the best review I can offer sadly.

Hey I really appreciate the post and feedback thank you. Sorry to hear about the tinnitus, hope you are able to get more listening
time soon Xcal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back