Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #3,379 of 6,453
Thank you @TigzStudio ! Received my new (super secret model at the time I ordered) Solv X3 terminated for Ether C Flow. I see Trevor has updated the website with the new line so I will defer to his page* for the details. I have barely half an hour on the cable but will report that it has clean, clear & articulate mids & highs and detailed but not boomy bottom end (Herbie Hancock, EDM, etc so far). I am growing to love the thinner, lighter aspect (2nd such cable from Trevor in addition to Draug3, Silvergarde & Solvine) of these new cables. It's just me and the music, not disturbed or hindered by the weight and resistance to movement a larger heavier cable can have. Anyway thanks again, Trevor. This was worth the wait.

*http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/...ara-focal-elear-clear-sennheiser-hd800s-hd820
IMG_20181002_171940.jpg
IMG_20181002_172132.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #3,380 of 6,453
Hi, this is this first time posting on this thread.
and i want to give an impression of the new cable fom norne i recieved last week.
It is the new Norne Silvergarde S3.

I first pre-ordered a Solvine v2 a few months ago.
But after a lot of back and forth mailing with Trevor i ended up with a Silvergarde, for a good price.
First of all i have to say the communication with Trevor was outstanding, he may miss an e-mail and you sometimes need some patience,
But he fully recovers from that with amazing costumers service i haven't seen before.

As it is my first time in this thread it is also the first time owning an "expensive" cable, so i wasn't a so called "cable believer" in the first place, but i thought
what better way to test this is is to buy an good looking cable from Norne, so i did.

Skip ahead a few months and i recieved my cable, and i started my testing.
I started with A/B ing with the original cable, but the time to swap was just too long. I did however already notice slight changes.
But i decided to just start listening. And this is the moment the changes slowly hit me:

The seperation improved, voices sounded more forward and bass was more refined. The differences are small, but it does add up.
The highs sounded more detailed, but also less harsh, which i didn't like at first, because It sounded a bit smoothed over sometimes, but i got used to it.
And now i really like how calming the Clear sounds witthout losing it's attack. After listening to more and more songs over the week i really began to love this cable.
I even feel like i like my Focal Clear so much more with this cable.
This could also be my mind fooling me, but i'm kinda convinced it's not.

And then the build,
Well there isn't much to say here: it is really really well built and it looks and feels great,
a bit heavier then the standard cable, but that's what you get with 4 times 20awg silver.

In Conclusion:

i'm strongly convinced that this cable improves the sound, how much is down to the cable and how much is down to my brain i don't know.
But i actually don't care, i just really like how my headphones sound right now. And i would a 100% recommend buying from Trevor.
I might even buy myself a second cable if i ever get a new headphone.

Oh and last but not least, here is a picture of this beautiful beast:

20181007_140247.jpg

and by the way I'm happy to answer any questions i'll get.

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #3,381 of 6,453
and i want to give an impression of the new cable fom norne i recieved last week.

But after a lot of back and forth mailing with Trevor i ended up with a Silvergarde, for a good price.
First of all i have to say the communication with Trevor was outstanding, he may miss an e-mail and you sometimes need some patience,
But he fully recovers from that with amazing costumers service i haven't seen before.

As it is my first time in this thread it is also the first time owning an "expensive" cable, so i wasn't a so called "cable believer" in the first place, but i thought
what better way to test this is is to buy an good looking cable from Norne, so i did.

I started with A/B ing with the original cable, but the time to swap was just too long. I did however already notice slight changes.
But i decided to just start listening. And this is the moment the changes slowly hit me:

The seperation improved, voices sounded more forward and bass was more refined. The differences are small, but it does add up.
The highs sounded more detailed, but also less harsh, which i didn't like at first, because It sounded a bit smoothed over sometimes, but i got used to it.
And now i really like how calming the Clear sounds witthout losing it's attack. After listening to more and more songs over the week i really began to love this cable.

And then the build,
Well there isn't much to say here: it is really really well built and it looks and feels great,
a bit heavier then the standard cable, but that's what you get with 4 times 20awg silver.

In Conclusion:

i'm strongly convinced that this cable improves the sound, how much is down to the cable and how much is down to my brain i don't know.
But i actually don't care, i just really like how my headphones sound right now. And i would a 100% recommend buying from Trevor.

Really nice config! What amp are you using to run balanced? That's a slim sleeve there :)

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #3,383 of 6,453
Thanks! I'm using the Questyle CMA400i to power the clears, it's a really nice combo.
you have my ideal setup lol. however i have to compromise so i can afford all the components in my system. Have you heard the sprout by PS audio?

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #3,385 of 6,453
Nice! I'm also waiting on a balanced S3 for my Auteurs. And you just happen to have the DAC/Amp I'm eyeing too. Were you running single ended before getting the S3?

:D it's a great little amp, Completely neutral and a tad bit laid back, without rolling of the highs.

The clear comes with a balanced cable so i used that all the time. Testing was Balanced versus Balanced.
The clears do not really benefit from balanced as they are easy to power, but the auteurs probably will.

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #3,386 of 6,453
you have my ideal setup lol. however i have to compromise so i can afford all the components in my system. Have you heard the sprout by PS audio?

I heard of it. But no haven't heard it. PS Audio is a great company though.

i have a few questions, Have you already bought the sprout?
if not Where are you going to use the amp(dac) for:
Active speakers, Passive speakers, Headphones or a combination?

Because if you need a pre-amp/ headphone amp i would recommend looking at the Audio GD r2r 11. That thing comes really close to the Questyle.

And if you need only an headphone amp, the EL Amp is also a beast.

Only if you need an passive speaker amp would i recommend the sprout, because the headphone out of the sprout isn't your best price/performance.

Just my 2c

Oct 7, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #3,387 of 6,453
I heard of it. But no haven't heard it. PS Audio is a great company though.

i have a few questions, Have you already bought the sprout?
if not Where are you going to use the amp(dac) for:
Active speakers, Passive speakers, Headphones or a combination?

Because if you need a pre-amp/ headphone amp i would recommend looking at the Audio GD r2r 11. That thing comes really close to the Questyle.

And if you need only an headphone amp, the EL Amp is also a beast.
I need all in one lol cos I was considering to get the questyle and the Burson power amp. No biggie, will use the speakers more, just want a decent headlamp with a decent cable
Only if you need an passive speaker amp would i recommend the sprout, because the headphone out of the sprout isn't your best price/performance.

Just my 2c
I need the whole package tbh, so I guess the sprout is for me

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #3,389 of 6,453

And then the build,

In Conclusion:

cable in red is amazingly beautiful.

Oct 10, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #3,390 of 6,453

And then the build,

In Conclusion:

what color of the sleeve is this? i really love it. i will choose it next time i order the cable. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back