Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 30, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3,168 of 6,459
7' Utopia Draug-Silver is in da house! Just another 99 hours of burning-in to go...

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,169 of 6,459
7' Utopia Draug-Silver is in da house! Just another 99 hours of burning-in to go...

Wow, I need one of these for my Utopia's and LCD-4's. Beautiful Cable my friend.

May 31, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #3,171 of 6,459
Sadly I can't use the Draug Silver on Eikon, it has Utopia connectors. But I think the Solvine is pairing very well w/ Eikon.

Oh I'm only noticing now that the cables are attached to their respective headphones. Sorry my bad :)
Since I'm waiting on the Solvine to be shipped (recieved the pre-shipment notice so it means soon) I'd like to ask you how do you find it on the Eikon. I have the Auteur which should be somewhat comparable.

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #3,172 of 6,459
Waiting for my Draug Silver as well, I hope it will give an extra touch of air to the sound of my Utopias.

I have a balanced Draug3 copper cable for MrSpeakers headphones which I don't use anymore. It had just been re-terminated with a brand new Eidolic XLR connector when I sold my Ether C Flows. I will put it up for sale soon in case somebody is interested.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #3,174 of 6,459
The Solvine cable I got is very nice. Matches beautifully with Hugo 2 and LCD-X. If Draug is better than that it is just otherworldly.

Appreciate the feedback commtrd!

Would really like to thank Trevor for his excellent service provided over the years and superb craftsmanship! :)

Thank you! With kind and patient folks like yourself it was a pleasure.

The Silvergarde S. Stunning from every angle. Thank you Trevor for the excellent workmanship and customer service. Received it in 6 weeks from ordering to doorstep. Will definitely contact you again for my cable needs!

Thank you Ezekiel!

I just ordered the Silvergarde from Trevor. Really looking forward to see how this will pair with my Andromedas.

Rich, email incoming soon to you.

Sorry for my slow reply lately again on here everyone, but support is greatly appreciated
and I am on a marathon of builds right now doing my best. I am shooting for a goal of clearing out most orders
this week.

I will try to check in more often again on here for the rest of the year.
But please just email me if looking for status update as well.

Big thanks to everyone for the support and patience.

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3,177 of 6,459
Has Silvergrade-S2 come out?
I have not seen on the norne web yet.
Any information anyone could share?
Thanks.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #3,178 of 6,459
The Draug Silver could easily be priced at least double, if not triple, of what Trevor is asking for it. Thankfully, that's not his style. I'll be posting fuller impressions of the cable in comparison to the Danacable Lazuli Reference this weekend.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #3,179 of 6,459
The Draug Silver could easily be priced at least double, if not triple, of what Trevor is asking for it. Thankfully, that's not his style. I'll be posting fuller impressions of the cable in comparison to the Danacable Lazuli Reference this weekend.
Thanks in advance. Keeping in mind I haven't heard many headphone cables, the Lazuli Ref is indeed the best headphone cable I've heard. However, I couldn't wrap my head around the price tag and let go of it. If the Draug Silver is within striking distance of Lazuli's SQ, wowww.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #3,180 of 6,459
I know this is cliche to say, but they both have their own strengths that cater to certain preferences, so it's not really one is invariably better than the other. Because of the natural and accurate presentation of the Draug Silver, I wouldn't call it very system dependent, though; it will benefit any setup. If the usual wisdom is to use silver to brighten up a dark/warm system, that is not the case with the Draug Silver (see below), but this is also the case if one's system is on the brighter side of neutral.

The Draug Silver is a very interesting cable because it sounds smooth and non-fatiguing, like past iterations of the Draug copper lineup, while having the resolution, transparency, and tighter bass associated with silver, here surpassing the Draug 2 and 3. The fact that the Draug Silver does not exacerbate the already slightly north of neutral brightness of the Utopia alleviated my initial concern in going silver for the Utopia at all. Thus far, I wouldn't call it a conspicuously airy-sounding cable, which is a trait usually associated with silver.*

The Lazuli Reference is also a very interesting cable because I find more air and crunch in the Lazuli Reference, not usually the case with copper, but slightly looser bass and resolution than the Draug Silver. I also perceive more inner and micro-detail in the Draug Silver. Stage height and depth is a characteristic strength of the Lazuli Reference IMO, but some may take this as unnatural; it suits the Utopia's relatively constricted stage rather well.

In terms of timbre, I perceive the Draug Silver as slightly more accurate than the Lazuli Reference; it seems "uncolored" and gets out of the way. The Lazuli Reference might be called more "fun," but it's still not distracting from hearing the music as intended.

Aesthetically and ergonomically, the Draug Silver surpasses that of the Lazuli Reference, but I don't find the latter as cumbersome as the Utopia's snake-like sock cable. For those of you familiar with the Draug 2 and 3's aesthetics and ergonomics, the Draug Silver is more beautiful and supple/flexbile. I would recommend going with the bare, unsleeved wire.

I'll be posting more in-depth comparative impressions this weekend, focusing particularly on treble-response and air.

*I need to do more testing to confirm this is the case, but it seems immediately apparent to me in most cases.

Edit: I am trying to post pictures, but for some reason the site isn't letting me upload files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back