Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #3,106 of 6,461

Nope not Solvine. It's an older model. It's a small step down from Eternus (all silver and previous Trevor's flagship).
thanks.
I dont know how the Solvine can be compared with the older model of yours since they have the same copper/silver design.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #3,107 of 6,461
My Solvine arrived earlier this week. Sounds fantastic with my Clear Pro's

Solvine.jpg

Solvine II.jpg

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #3,108 of 6,461
My Solvine arrived earlier this week. Sounds fantastic with my Clear Pro's

The cable looks really beautiful.
In fact, I have ordered the Solvine and I am now waiting for it to enjoy it with my Audeze lcd2f and lcd2c.
Really can't wait to see and hear it.

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #3,110 of 6,461
Hey you draug owners. Can I trouble one of you to take a photo of the cable near the y splitter. Looking for a good shot of the braiding.

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #3,111 of 6,461
A2D37EEA-3817-4DA6-AE7F-04705921C704.jpeg
So I got my cable a little while back for my lcd-2f, but just getting around to showing it. It’s the new solv 2 cable and it has the copper/silver mix. I can’t really give any sound impressions compared to the stock cable other than being louder at the same volume only because it’s balanced vs not . I haven’t really done a proper a/b comparison yet. I will say the build quality and attention to detail is top notch though, to the cable looks and how it feels down to how gorgeously done the packaging is. I also plan on getting some hypershort adapters to try the cable with my he-400i.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #3,112 of 6,461
That Solvine with the Clear looks really good.

I'm totally enjoying the improvements the Draug 3 brings with my LCD2Cs. I feel like I'm not missing anything and the added texture and clarity to the mids is to die for. The cable really opened up and sounds beautiful after 50 hours.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #3,113 of 6,461
I copy/pasted this from my post in the Focal Clear thread. I'll add more detailed thoughts on the Solvine as I have more time to listen.

I started my comparisons between the stock coiled cable and the Solvine that I picked up from Trevor at Norne Audio. The most obvious improvement over the stock cable is that the low end doesn't break up as soon while increasing the volume. This was one of my chief disappointments when the Clear Pro's arrived. I thought that I was going to have to settle for whatever volume I could get I while still maintaining clean, coherent bass. I've commented in more recent posts about the Clears that I'm getting all the bass I could ask for. These comments are coming from listening with the Solvine cable that I purchased. Overall there is more body and definition to the bass, while the stock coiled cable is less pronounced and breaks up at a lower volume. The thought that immediately came to mind when the Solvine cable first arrived, was that the stock cable seemed constricted. But I need to listen more. The low end is really obvious to my ears. I'm focused more on the sound of different cymbals at the moment. The stock coiled cable provides unrestrained realism and airiness to bell and edge hits on the ride cymbals in Jack White's "Ice Station Zebra"

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #3,116 of 6,461
So sweet looking thru the pages at all the beautiful cables. I have a silver Therium for my LCDi4 on Hugo 2. Just ordered a Solvine for my LCD-X to be driven by the H2 also. I have been anxious to compare the LCDi4 to the LCD-X for some time but needed to get a cable for the H2. Must say the Therium between the H2 and LCDi4 is just sublime.

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #3,117 of 6,461
Got my Draug Silver 9ft and I’m just stoked! My LCD3 sounds like in another dimension. Everything is there; trebles, mids, lows and all imaginable micro details. It’s a stunning cable with a clear but still smooth sound without harshness in the heights. If there’s a wizard in the headphone cable aftermarket, I think it's Mr Goldman. The Draug Silver is definitely the holy grail of all the Nornes and looks like made by Galadriel. Thx Trevor!
IMG_7522.JPG IMG_7523.JPG IMG_7524.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #3,118 of 6,461
Got my Draug Silver 9ft and I’m just stoked! My LCD3 sounds like in another dimension. Everything is there; trebles, mids, lows and all imaginable micro details. It’s a stunning cable with a clear but still smooth sound without harshness in the heights. If there’s a wizard in the headphone cable aftermarket, I think it's Mr Goldman. The Draug Silver is definitely the holy grail of all the Nornes and looks like made by Galadriel. Thx Trevor!
I wrote it numerous times on Head-Fi, pure silver cables are making wonders with Audeze HP. At a point that it should be mandatory! Seriously, people with copper cables with their Audeze have no clues of what their HP are really capable of. I remembered how strucked I was when I made the change with my old LCD-2. Much more resolution, clarity and air. Gone the closed soundstage.

I also have a Draug Silver with my Utopia. Fantastic duo and my listening impressions are the same as you. Smooth resolution. Really a fantastic cable from Trevor, one of te best gentleman I dealt with in this hobby.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #3,119 of 6,461
ok, how come I don't see draug silver on the website. is this a custom order. is this a good upgrade for my focal elears or should I go for the solvine?

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,120 of 6,461
See you have a Solvine also. Impressions of the cable vs a pure silver cable? I ordered a Solvine for my LCD-X to try and Trevor said if I wanted to I could trade it back in on a Draug or Therium silver so I want to listen to the X on H2 with Solvine and go from there. Therium with Hugo2 and LCDi4 is just incredible. I would have preferred a 6' length instead of 4' however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back