Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 27, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #3,091 of 6,453
If you don’t mind blowing your budget consider talking to trevor re hos silvergarde or silver draug. They would be great for your headphones since a lack of warmth is no issue with those two and the silver cables will not take from that - they will just add detail and refinement and extension.

Even if you have to wait to get some cash together i personally think it’s worth considering...big time

+ 1

I ordered a Draug Silver for my Utopia and I must say that it's a sweet sounding cable with a full body sound to it. With 20 AWG you can't go wrong.

Used to have a LCD-2v2 non-Fazor for couple of years and a good silver cable made miracle for them as it open the sound big time with much more resolution and clarity.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #3,093 of 6,453
I don't see draug silver as an option on the website. Do you have to special order it? And roughly how much would it cost? I can't go much over $500.

Yes, special order on request by emailing Trevor.

For the price, pure silver and especially in this thick gauge, is expensive. But there is no better conductor material. Period.

If you need a short length, you should be ok with your budget but it certainly worth to stretch your budget in that case if you need more than 4 feet. An excellent cable is a foundation of any good system and it can last forever. That's why I tend to buy the best cable I can afford all the time.

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3,095 of 6,453
Received my 6' Solvine cable.
Sound already great out of the box! :beyersmile:
I didn't expect a so big jump in sound quality with just mid-range headphone & amp.

DSC09642.jpg

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #3,096 of 6,453
If you don’t mind blowing your budget consider talking to trevor re hos silvergarde or silver draug. They would be great for your headphones since a lack of warmth is no issue with those two and the silver cables will not take from that - they will just add detail and refinement and extension.

Even if you have to wait to get some cash together i personally think it’s worth considering...big time

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #3,097 of 6,453
Received my 6' Solvine cable.
Sound already great out of the box! :beyersmile:
I didn't expect a so big jump in sound quality with just mid-range headphone & amp.

beautiful cable you have!

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #3,099 of 6,453
Yes, special order on request by emailing Trevor.

For the price, pure silver and especially in this thick gauge, is expensive. But there is no better conductor material. Period.

If you need a short length, you should be ok with your budget but it certainly worth to stretch your budget in that case if you need more than 4 feet. An excellent cable is a foundation of any good system and it can last forever. That's why I tend to buy the best cable I can afford all the time.

Sorry if I missed it, but do you have any pics of your Draug Silver for Utopia? Thx.

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #3,100 of 6,453
Had the chance to get a Draug2 (9ft) 2nd hand for my LCD3. It's an awesome cable! Nice 3D stage, powerful/warm/organic/transparent sound!
IMG_7353.JPG IMG_7352.JPG IMG_7351.JPG
Next one will be a Draug Silver!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #3,102 of 6,453
Had the chance to get a Draug2 (9ft) 2nd hand for my LCD3. It's an awesome cable! Nice 3D stage, powerful/warm/organic/transparent sound!

Next one will be a Draug Silver!
You will be floored by what a good silver cable can do with Audeze hradphones. I did go from cooper to silver with my now sold LCD-2v2 and the differences in speed, air and soundstage were absolutely phenomal and far, far from subtle.

I now have a Draug Silver with my Focal Utopia. Fantastic combo.

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #3,103 of 6,453
Also copper/silver combo (in a Draug config) gets even better. I tried that with my ZMF Eikons and the headphone improved in all areas: bass (tighter and more organic/full), soundstage (wider and better layered), and smoothness (the sound felt more natural and lifelike). Trevor promises and NEVER disappoints! :)

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #3,104 of 6,453
Also copper/silver combo (in a Draug config) gets even better. I tried that with my ZMF Eikons and the headphone improved in all areas: bass (tighter and more organic/full), soundstage (wider and better layered), and smoothness (the sound felt more natural and lifelike). Trevor promises and NEVER disappoints! :)
Do you mean Solvine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back