Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 26, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2,192 of 6,511
While I think the wait times could be shorter, I believe it is up to each persons opinion to decide if it is reasonable. That said I made my order back in April, I feel like the measure of a good person is how they respond to an issue / adversity

Trevor MORE than made up for any dissatisfaction I may have had with the wait time.  

I will also state that BOTH cables I have are of the highest build quality, Easily on par / better than  the likes of Cardas, Moon, Whip Lash, etc

I wont wax poetic about the sound, that is not my forte. I am happy with the quality both sound and appearance

Kudos to Trevor for being the type person who goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are happy, and takes such pride in his craftsmanship

Thanks Trevor

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #2,193 of 6,511
Not sure why, but Norne Audio have return back my money without any consent from my side (read: they refuse to work with my order, maybe?). I ordered my Draug V2 back during Black Friday, and knowing that they've been hammered by the orders, I tried to be a good sport by just occasionally email them, so that I don't bug Trevor with too many Emails. We were in the middle of discussing the sleeving color option, when after February, Trevor just went silent on me. I tried emailing him, but no reply.

But earlier this month, I was surprised by a rather rude move by Norne audio, they've returned back my money, without any explanation and discussion prior. I also paid my order using Paypal, and being an international customer, I have to bear an unnecessary loss due to Paypal charge and currency exchange, all without getting anything in my hand. I am aware that some of the members here swore to good customer service from Trevor, but in my case, I only get a sour taste in my mouth. Tried to be a good customer, wait patiently for 9 months, only to be treated like this. On more lesson in life, and another brand to cross out from my list I guess. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #2,194 of 6,511
  Not sure why, but Norne Audio have return back my money without any consent from my side (read: they refuse to work with my order, maybe?). I ordered my Draug V2 back during Black Friday, and knowing that they've been hammered by the orders, I tried to be a good sport by just occasionally email them, so that I don't bug Trevor with too many Emails. We were in the middle of discussing the sleeving color option, when after February, Trevor just went silent on me. I tried emailing him, but no reply.

But earlier this month, I was surprised by a rather rude move by Norne audio, they've returned back my money, without any explanation and discussion prior. I also paid my order using Paypal, and being an international customer, I have to bear an unnecessary loss due to Paypal charge and currency exchange, all without getting anything in my hand. I am aware that some of the members here swore to good customer service from Trevor, but in my case, I only get a sour taste in my mouth. Tried to be a good customer, wait patiently for 9 months, only to be treated like this. On more lesson in life, and another brand to cross out from my list I guess. 

It's more likely that PayPal is the culprit here. I've seen PayPal and credit card companies cancel orders and the funds returned to the account due to suspicion of fraudulent activity. This can happen for any number of reasons, IE: Different Billing and Ship to address...unusual purchase activity...etc. Best to contact PayPal for an explanation, as Trevor probably has nothing to do with it, or may be dealing with incorrect information from PayPal. Regardless of your perception of what is occurring, the only true story can only be found through PayPal. This is a crappy situation, especially when lead times are involved and thinking that an item is already in the pipe and soon to be shipped.  

Best of Luck!

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #2,195 of 6,511
There are multiple sides to a story and I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. But I know Trevor means well and takes care of all his customers, and even some aggressive ones. But I know Trevor will never do another Black Friday special again. And I think he may be discontinuing the draug cable or replacing it with something else. A pity, but not one of his more profitable cables. Not the point. But try contacting Trevor and discussing this between you both. Sometimes a private message on Headfi is a good way to contact him.
The issue with PayPal is surely able to be resolved, and sure Trevor would do what's needed to take care of it. It's likely not much money, I think international is around 4%?? So contact Trevor about it, and PayPal and see what can be done.

How often did you email Trevor? And what did you your last email say before you ended up getting a refund? By chance was there an issue with a particular connector or item that was no longer in stock? Or any reason that a refund would be issued? If not, maybe it is a PayPal issue. I have had similar issues in the past with international transactions.
Hope things get sorted for you.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,196 of 6,511

I'll second on what bimmer100 is saying. My guess as well as its a PayPal issue. My interactions with Trevor have always been positive. Yes he gets burried in orders, he builds a great product, but he has always been extremely conscientious in communicating. I bet he was thinking you withdrew the payment.

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #2,197 of 6,511
I could see a Paypal issue after a week, or even a month, but after 9 months? That doesn't seem likely to me. I'd have to imagine that there would be a lot of merchants dropping the use of PayPal if they were auto-refunding purchases months after the fact.

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #2,198 of 6,511
PayPal pays upon the product purchased is shipped. I saw this notification when I placed my current order. Only way to get the answer is to contact PayPal or the credit card company used by PayPal to authorize the order. Real simple. Pick up the phone and call.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #2,199 of 6,511

This guy has been a pleasure to deal with from day one
He returned my email in 10 minutes on a Sunday night after 10:00
He put up with all my stupid questions without making me feel stupid and there were many (wish my wife could do that 
eek.gif
)
If the product is half as good as the service I received, I will be very happy and buying much more.
Build time was half of the quoted wait!
I wish all companies treated me this well

Thank you Trevor

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,200 of 6,511
There are multiple sides to a story and I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. But I know Trevor means well and takes care of all his customers, and even some aggressive ones. But I know Trevor will never do another Black Friday special again. And I think he may be discontinuing the draug cable or replacing it with something else. A pity, but not one of his more profitable cables. Not the point. But try contacting Trevor and discussing this between you both. Sometimes a private message on Headfi is a good way to contact him.
The issue with PayPal is surely able to be resolved, and sure Trevor would do what's needed to take care of it. It's likely not much money, I think international is around 4%?? So contact Trevor about it, and PayPal and see what can be done.

How often did you email Trevor? And what did you your last email say before you ended up getting a refund? By chance was there an issue with a particular connector or item that was no longer in stock? Or any reason that a refund would be issued? If not, maybe it is a PayPal issue. I have had similar issues in the past with international transactions.
Hope things get sorted for you.

To answer bimmer100, and to be fair, I'll detail all our email thus far. Our email conversation started back in December 2015, where Trevor had confirmed my order. I replied with a question regarding the sleeving, asking for some sample picture since the website does not have all the options photo, with no answer from him. After that, I send another email on February 2016, asking for an update, in which Trevor replied, saying that my order is almost ready to ship, "just a matter of 1-2 days only actually", and he also suggest clear/brown sleeving as one of the customer favourite. I replied, thanking him, but also again asking for the sample picture of the sleeve option since he had not done so. After that, three more of my email, two in February, one in May just went silent. My last email in May was more in a hard tone, saying that I'm disappointed with the lack of communication, and, I quote "Please respond or i"ll start making a fuss in the public forum"(I don't think I went overboard with this statement, just to put some urgency, no expletive or name-calling ever used in my email). But alas, my money got refunded, with no word from Trevor.

Thank you guys, especially Kino Lau for the suggestion regarding the Paypal issue. I think you're right, contacting Paypal may help me understanding the issue better. But I am, as a customer, felt dishearten if I am the one that have to contact both the seller and Paypal, just to know what's going on with my order, especially after 9 months of wait, and a long period of silence from Trevor himself. 

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,201 of 6,511
I feel that many people nowadays expect to be pampered when supporting a company and also expect that they should receive things as soon as possible. It's really the whole "Me, Me, Me!" mentality. Now, there are people who purchase things that are mass produced and there are people who purchase quality items. Some people will spend a lot of money on a high quality product, going in with an understanding that there will be an extensive wait because of the high demand. 

Norne Audio/Trevor creates some of the best looking and highest quality cables out there, but you will have to be patient. This is especially true for everyone who has ordered the Draug2, and that wait increases as you go up in cable length. The process of making the Draug2 is very time consuming. 

I think that the majority of us can respect this fact. I think that we can also respect Trevor for the insane amount of pressure he is under. As bimmer1000 said, Trevor is still dealing with orders from last year's Black Friday event. When you consider that the Draug2 is the limiting factor for his ability to produce and ship out all his other cables and products, you can begin to see why things are delayed. 

I have a crazy amount of respect for Trevor. Sometimes he misses an email or has a delayed response, but 99.5% of the time, he gets back to me right away and goes above and beyond to make up for any perceived shortcomings. If you consider that he is maintaining a website, doing most all the manual labor, handling all the communications, handling all RMAs/modifications, handling all the shipping, and essentially running all remaining aspects of the business/company himself... while always being polite and forthcoming... it's damn impressive.

Look, I can see that some people will get frustrated about the long wait, and I can see people becoming upset when they think a cable will be sent out and it doesn't happen, but you still have to keep in mind that he is just one person, and he is constantly getting pulled in a thousand different directions. I don't think it is fair to threaten him about writing negative things in the forum, because it will only induce more stress and won't benefit anyone. I would always try to contact the business and also (in this case) PayPal before making a scene.

I am still waiting on three Draug2 cables, but it's okay because I know the wait is worth it. Trevor has re-terminated my Therium SE-846 cable in balanced during this period, and has been a pleasure to deal with overall.

Basically, I just want to remind people that he's one person and there are better ways of addressing unexpected situations.  

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #2,202 of 6,511
  I feel that many people nowadays expect to be pampered when supporting a company and also expect that they should receive things as soon as possible. It's really the whole "Me, Me, Me!" mentality. Now, there are people who purchase things that are mass produced and there are people who purchase quality items. Some people will spend a lot of money on a high quality product, going in with an understanding that there will be an extensive wait because of the high demand. 

Norne Audio/Trevor creates some of the best looking and highest quality cables out there, but you will have to be patient. This is especially true for everyone who has ordered the Draug2, and that wait increases as you go up in cable length. The process of making the Draug2 is very time consuming. 

I think that the majority of us can respect this fact. I think that we can also respect Trevor for the insane amount of pressure he is under. As bimmer1000 said, Trevor is still dealing with orders from last year's Black Friday event. When you consider that the Draug2 is the limiting factor for his ability to produce and ship out all his other cables and products, you can begin to see why things are delayed. 

I have a crazy amount of respect for Trevor. Sometimes he misses an email or has a delayed response, but 99.5% of the time, he gets back to me right away and goes above and beyond to make up for any perceived shortcomings. If you consider that he is maintaining a website, doing most all the manual labor, handling all the communications, handling all RMAs/modifications, handling all the shipping, and essentially running all remaining aspects of the business/company himself... while always being polite and forthcoming... it's damn impressive.

Look, I can see that some people will get frustrated about the long wait, and I can see people becoming upset when they think a cable will be sent out and it doesn't happen, but you still have to keep in mind that he is just one person, and he is constantly getting pulled in a thousand different directions. I don't think it is fair to threaten him about writing negative things in the forum, because it will only induce more stress and won't benefit anyone. I would always try to contact the business and also (in this case) PayPal before making a scene.

I am still waiting on three Draug2 cables, but it's okay because I know the wait is worth it. Trevor has re-terminated my Therium SE-846 cable in balanced during this period, and has been a pleasure to deal with overall.

Basically, I just want to remind people that he's one person and there are better ways of addressing unexpected situations.  

Thank you Madrommar for your long post. Everyone is entitled of their opinion, and my guess is you're directing most of the criticism on me. I am well aware of the lead time of a custom build product, and to say that 9 months of waiting is a "short time/as soon as possible" can be considered as an understatement IMHO.

To further clarify this, I'm not particularly troubled by the waiting time (I never take it to the forum or any public outlet before, even though I did tell him I'll do so), but what really bugs me the most is the non-responsive parts on Trevor side. You said, and I quote "99.5% of the time, he gets back to me". Well in my case, out of 14 question emails I sent him, he answered 7, which makes it 50% response rate, plus the sudden refund from the order without any word from him. So yes, I'm not sure if you can call that a "me me me me" mentality, given all the circumstances. I'm not here for a fight, just sharing the experience that I have personally had.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #2,203 of 6,511
Jimah, that is a fair enough statement and your points are valid.

It could be that the emails were getting filtered incorrectly or something along those lines. This is why many people suggest PMing Trevor on Head-Fi, though I'm not sure if you've done this before. 

No matter, I'm sure that Trevor will see your posts and will sort everything out when given a chance. Hopefully the matter is settled properly, because it would be a shame to see you disappointed by his services. 

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,204 of 6,511
Mardrommar, thank you for the suggestion. I feel like I've pmed him once wayyy back, can't even recall it anymore lol. And yes, I was hoping that Trevor will notice my posts, part of why I'm taking this to Headfi, as he is quite responsive in here. If this doesn't get his attention then I'll try PM him again. Can only hope for the best.

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #2,205 of 6,511
Thank you Madrommar for your long post. Everyone is entitled of their opinion, and my guess is you're directing most of the criticism on me. I am well aware of the lead time of a custom build product, and to say that 9 months of waiting is a "short time/as soon as possible" can be considered as an understatement IMHO.

To further clarify this, I'm not particularly troubled by the waiting time (I never take it to the forum or any public outlet before, even though I did tell him I'll do so), but what really bugs me the most is the non-responsive parts on Trevor side. You said, and I quote "99.5% of the time, he gets back to me". Well in my case, out of 14 question emails I sent him, he answered 7, which makes it 50% response rate, plus the sudden refund from the order without any word from him. So yes, I'm not sure if you can call that a "me me me me" mentality, given all the circumstances. I'm not here for a fight, just sharing the experience that I have personally had.

It sounds like you have waited very long, and I do understand as I have waited for my own Draug 2 to be made.

However, I don't mean to come off wrong, but fourteen question emails for a cable is a lot. If I did the same thing to another boutique manufacturer, Eddie Current, he would tell me to find another amp and that he doesn't want my money, except he wouldn't say it so nicely, or he would ignore me and issue a refund. I also recall a statistc that his company found, which was that customers who ask more than three questions are less likely to actually buy the product.

The rules for giant companies like Amazon and Walmart do not appy to small boutique manufacturers, who often go into their line of work to avoid the machine of corporate backbending customers and employers expect. The customer is not always right.

I am not sure if this is where Tevor is coming from. I do know he has answered every question I asked about changing my order from single-ended to balanced. His responses were detailed, full, polite, and were well-written.

Just my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back