Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 1, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #2,206 of 6,511
  After that, I send another email on February 2016, asking for an update, in which Trevor replied, saying that my order is almost ready to ship, "just a matter of 1-2 days only actually"

This would be the most troubling aspect to me. I don't know how a cable can go from 1-2 days out to another wait of 5+ months. 

That said, I had a few emails slip by Trevor, I PM'd him here and all was answered in a day or less. Using the contact form on his site will make sure it gets past any filtering. Have your order number handy.

Aug 1, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,207 of 6,511
Mardrommar, thank you for the suggestion. I feel like I've pmed him once wayyy back, can't even recall it anymore lol. And yes, I was hoping that Trevor will notice my posts, part of why I'm taking this to Headfi, as he is quite responsive in here. If this doesn't get his attention then I'll try PM him again. Can only hope for the best.

Have you called PayPal yet, or looked at the Details of the Refund transaction? If PayPal was somehow involved, and sent notification to the "seller" regarding "suspected fraudulent activity"...I as the "seller" or "purchaser"...whichever part I played in it, would cease all communication with the other party immediately. If I were the "seller" and PayPal was the party paying me...the only party I'm going to listen to is PayPal. 
I've had this happen to me with eBay purchases where I was the buyer, and I had it happen to me as the buyer where the order was cancelled by my CC company, because my Billing address and Ship to address were different. I have all UPS or FedEx deliveries go c/o their local storefront or main sorting station. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #2,208 of 6,511
Sorry guys I have been out of office, I am looking into any issues and will rectify them very soon.

edit:  I do try my best to reply to every single email the same day (withing some hours) if I can.  Often if very busy I have to set aside time at the end of a day to do all emails for that day, occasionally it can stretch to the next day, etc.  My goal would certainly be to get to every email within a few hours, but due to intense build schedule I cannot always make that happen for every single inquiry. 
If emails are truly a crazy amount,which is often, an email or two can get pushed
down quickly and I might miss one.  This is why I usually suggest if you do not receive a reply in 1 day just go ahead and bump your email (using contact form on site) or as a last resort just shooting me a PM with your order number and I would then send you an email.  
As most know I am always checking up here on the thread to see how everyone is doing as well.   

But today is a good example of me missing emails because I was forced to
be away from the shop all day today, absolutely had no choice on that one unfortunately.  This also delayed a couple of ship dates that were supposed to happen today, etc.  But I am back in action for getting them all out tomorrow. 

In regards to Draug 2 cables, as mentioned before they have had a separate waiting line due to the nature of the labor for it and demand.  So Draug 2 cables are going to be longer waits than anything else.
I will be double checking on any outstanding older Draug 2 cables to make sure they are on the way this week.  If you feel your Draug 2 wait has been too long, shoot me a PM
with your order number I will check on it for you.  My goal is to clear out all the older Draug 2 cable orders by the end of this week. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,209 of 6,511

Jimah,

We are not refusing to complete your order at all.
Your getting a compensated order/cable, it will ship out this week. 

If we make a big error and did not get the order out, then compensation is in order always from our end to make up for the issue. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #2,211 of 6,511
It sounds like you have waited very long, and I do understand as I have waited for my own Draug 2 to be made.

However, I don't mean to come off wrong, but fourteen question emails for a cable is a lot.

Just my opinion...

Out of that 14, half of that is me asking about the same question since it was not answered or bumping my email in hope that it won't be buried. But as Mardrommar suggested, it may have been filtered as spam or whatnot, I cannot be sure.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #2,212 of 6,511
Jimah,

We are not refusing to complete your order at all.
Your getting a compensated order/cable, it will ship out this week. 

If we make a big error and did not get the order out, then compensation is in order always from our end to make up for the issue. 

Well I never would have imagined it will pan out like this, never in my life would a seller refund the money, but still sending the good. As Audionewbi said, that is one fine customer service indeed.

Not sure if you've send me an email regarding this, but all this confusion can be avoided should I am aware of the situation earlier.

So guys, Trevor is still the hero seller that you guys adore, thank you again Trevor, I really don't know what to say anymore.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #2,213 of 6,511
Well I never would have imagined it will pan out like this, never in my life would a seller refund the money, but still sending the good. As Audionewbi said, that is one fine customer service indeed.

Not sure if you've send me an email regarding this, but all this confusion can be avoided should I am aware of the situation earlier.

So guys, Trevor is still the hero seller that you guys adore, thank you again Trevor, I really don't know what to say anymore.

I for one...would like to know what PayPal had to say about this situation since they are the only ones that have the exact details of the transaction from the time that order was placed, and when the refund was processed and why. I think that customers/members of the forum would appreciate knowing how something like his could happen. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #2,214 of 6,511

Kino, I actually manually refunded his particular order, as I deemed that he should be compensated for our error on it.
In paypal transactions I have the ability to manually refund any order over a longer stretch of time. So when I manually refund I normally include
notes with the refund with the reason why it was refunded, in this case compensatory for error/delay.  Usually if I am refunding or partially refunding an order manually, its a positive thing for the customer, meaning that customer is getting compensation
and of course still going to get their order, etc. 

edit to all:

I am working on finishing up as many emails right now as I can, so if you haven't had a reply over the last day
its incoming.

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,215 of 6,511

Kino Lau, what Trevor just said. He had PMed me today, and explained what just happened. He manually refunded the paypal amount, as a way of apologizing. My best guess is my order fell through the crack, and Trevor, being the gentlemen merchant, try to compensate me for my trouble. Just like many of the members here said before, he is truly one of a kind, caring and responsible artisan. 

After the PM session, I went back to the Paypal refund notice, and after carefully inspecting it, at a corner, there it is, a small note left by Trevor explaining the refund reason! 
eek.gif
. It will be cowardly of me, especially after the gentlemen action by Trevor, to not admit my own mistake. I fail to notice that side note, and creating a confusion here, so I apologize on my own error, to Trevor and you guys Headfiers. There you go guys, feel free to blast me for my stupid mistake.

P.S: All hail Trevor! 

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #2,216 of 6,511
  Kino, I actually manually refunded his particular order, as I deemed that he should be compensated for our error on it.
In paypal transactions I have the ability to manually refund any order over a longer stretch of time. So when I manually refund I normally include
notes with the refund with the reason why it was refunded, in this case compensatory for error/delay.  Usually if I am refunding or partially refunding an order manually, its a positive thing for the customer, meaning that customer is getting compensation
and of course still going to get their order, etc. 

edit to all:

I am working on finishing up as many emails right now as I can, so if you haven't had a reply over the last day
its incoming.

Thanks for the clarification Trevor. My natural tendency is to identify what part of "the system" caused the result. I also don't like to see anybody dragged across the coals unfairly. 

Thanks! Walt

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #2,217 of 6,511

That small note can be easy to miss.
To be fair you should have also received an email from me making it more clear in regards to the compensation refund.
But that is my fault on that one.  Likely I used my sites interface to send the email instead of sending it manually from gmail itself.
Sending emails through my site interface method has been causing me some issues. 

Regardless the cable will be coming to you asap, but first I have also just sent you a message clarifying if the specs. on the build are
still accurate to your present system, or if changes need to be made at all.  Thanks!

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,218 of 6,511
New Draug 2 has arrived. Second cable / third product I've bought from Norne. As usual, quality is top notch.

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #2,219 of 6,511
Now I want a Draug 2 cable for my Andromeda's... 
blink.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #2,220 of 6,511
Go with the 8-wire Vorpal for the Andromeda. I used one for the Jupiter and it really makes it. Superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back