Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 18, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,176 of 6,496
I ordered an 8 wire Vorpal. My CA Andromeda arrive in two days, and I'll get to do some cable rolling. CA & Shure stock, [COLOR=6A6A6A]HL Ref Silver Litz and Norne 8 wire Therium. I ordered the Vorpal (at Trevors recommendation), simply to have a cable with OCC Copper in it, without it being 100% copper or silver plated copper. Vorpal will be 4 wire OCC Copper plus 4 wire OCC Silver. It's like running two entirely different cables at the same time. Copper for the warmth and silver for the clarity. I love my Therium, but I want to see what the Vorpal offers. [/COLOR]

Very interested to hear the difference between the Vorpal and the Therium. I have the 8 cores Therium also and it pairs perfectly with my 64aduio U12.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #2,177 of 6,496
Very interested to hear the difference between the Vorpal and the Therium. I have the 8 cores Therium also and it pairs perfectly with my 64aduio U12.

I'm expecting quite a difference just because of the copper content. I'll be using the Therium with the Andromeda, but probably not right away. I want to be able to clearly identify changes in the sound moving from one cable to another. It's not something that I've ever allowed myself in the past. The 846's and Andromeda should be capable enough to present what the different cable materials offer. I may order a straight copper cable as well once Trevor has it available to purchase.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #2,178 of 6,496
I have a Draug 2 on order. Can't wait to try it with the TH900!

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #2,179 of 6,496
I'm absolutely loving my Draug 2s, one on my HD800, the other on my 2016 LCD-3s. Very different headphones, both benefiting greatly from an outstanding cable design. I also have the Vorpal and Therium cables, prefer the Therium on my Alclair RSM, and Vorpal on the Alclair Studio4.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #2,180 of 6,496
Big kudos to Trevor. I have one of his cables on each of my phones and IEMs, except for one and I will take care of that soon. His cables truly are beyond words, especially the Draug 2. My Ethers are on a whole different level because of that. Trevor is one class act.

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,181 of 6,496
Is there any kind of average build/wait time one can expect after placing and order for a cable. I'm really close to ordering that Draug v2 for my HD 800's I'm just not sure I want to wait 5 months for it if that's the case.

Also is there a page somewhere on the Norne site that shows pictures of all of the splitter options and cable colors? I see a few of them on the Draug 2 product page but not all of the options are shown.

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,182 of 6,496
The Draug 2 is his most labor-intensive cable, I'd guess the wait time could be 2-3 months, depending on his work load. But well worth the time. By far the most beautiful cable I've seen. You might need to go to other products to see the selections of splitters and such. Send an email to Trevor's and I'm sure he can send a picture of all the selections for review.

Btw, I'd wait 5 months to get another Draug 2, it's that good...

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #2,183 of 6,496
The Draug 2 is his most labor-intensive cable, I'd guess the wait time could be 2-3 months, depending on his work load. But well worth the time. By far the most beautiful cable I've seen. You might need to go to other products to see the selections of splitters and such. Send an email to Trevor's and I'm sure he can send a picture of all the selections for review.

I see. Fair I guess. Would the best option be the  "info@norneaudio.com" email? I sent a question through the contact form and didn't hear a response back so it might have been missed there.

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,184 of 6,496
It may take him some time to respond, it's basically a one-man show. Be patient, he'll send a response. You can also send him a pm through head fi.

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #2,186 of 6,496
Trevor is definitely a busy man, his work truly is worth the wait. I never blinked twice placing the order in April all the way to now with the Draug 2. The Zoetic is my other cable from him and it was during his black friday monsoon. Will goto him and only him for future cable needs :)

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #2,187 of 6,496
Trevor customer service is A+, sadly I lost my im04 and had to cancel my order but from my current interaction with him I will be surely get cable when I get my hum pristine.

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #2,188 of 6,496
Trevor, do you know from a sound perspective what is the difference between a silver plated copper (SPC) cable versus the Vorpal where you use a mixture of 4 pure silver and 4 pure copper?

Also pm sent.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,189 of 6,496
Trevor, do you know from a sound perspective what is the difference between a silver plated copper (SPC) cable versus the Vorpal where you use a mixture of 4 pure silver and 4 pure copper?

Would be good to clarify this, cos on the webpage for Vorpal it states that the conductors are a mix of copper and silver-plated copper: "Half OCC Litz cu and half OCC Litz ag(cu) the Vorpal has the cu strands with special red tinted enamel and the silver coated cu .."
http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Type-4-OCC-Litz-CIEM-IEM-Westone-Shure-SE846-SE425-SE535-1964-ears-ue900-ultimate

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #2,190 of 6,496

Vorpal has a single wire that has a mix of spc and copper actually (not silver), I will edit the page to make it more clear as well. 
I will forward you a reply in email as well, also status on your retermination, etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back