Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,146 of 6,464
Mardrommar said:
350x700px-LL-c6360325_IMG_0887.jpeg

What are the connectors above called? I'm assuming they are 4-pin XLR?

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2,148 of 6,464
Hi all, I am interested in norne cable for my HD800S that is still on pre-order. Trevor is an awesome guy, who was able to answer all my Qs. I still dont wanna wait for 45 days. I am looking for a 5-6 foot norne draug v2 cable. Let me know if anyone have one for sale. PM me.

Thanks.

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,149 of 6,464
What are the connectors above called? I'm assuming they are 4-pin XLR?

It uses the Valab 3-pin XLR and replaces the 3-pin XLR insert with a 4-pin XLR insert.  So its not officially a plug offered by Valab because they only have official 3-pin XLR male at this time. 
This was a very early custom option that was provided back in like early 2014 or so. 
Still can do it if desired, just email for details on how to add it as its not listed currently as a normal offering on site.

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2,150 of 6,464
I wanted to put up my newest cable from Trevor. The Vorpal for my CA Jupiter. Still trying to get a feel for what they bring. Just a beautiful cable that is very comfortable despite its size. Early on, I can hear a little bass extension and some extra sound stage. Just a great addition to an already wonderful IEM.

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #2,151 of 6,464
I wanted to put up my newest cable from Trevor. The Vorpal for my CA Jupiter. Still trying to get a feel for what they bring. Just a beautiful cable that is very comfortable despite its size. Early on, I can hear a little bass extension and some extra sound stage. Just a great addition to an already wonderful IEM.

Congrats for the new cables! 
Vorpal has a very engaging sound which makes music more energetic.
And the build is magnificent. Mine have been used for almost 2 years and it still works like a charm, no contact problems, no breaking of cables. Nice work Trevor.
I am waiting for my Therium cable using the incoming new connector. Cant wait for sharing with all of you!

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #2,152 of 6,464
I have used nearly everything that Trevor Goldman... Norne Audio... has made. All have been a big step up from the OEM cable that came with the headphones I've purchased. I do mean, "a BIG step up!" Trevor knows how to build cables! Of course, no one cable may be the ultimate for all headphones. But, Trevor can advise you which cable is best with a specific headphone. He doesn't just build cables, but rather he is very knowledgeable about wire and the construction that is needed to make that wire come out to make headphones sound their best. 

Recently, he laid a cable on me that takes my Audeze LCD-3's... latest version... to utopia! I'm not stretching this at all... Eternus is something else!! This pure silver cable is his "Eternus." Have any of you bought an Eternus from Trevor? It is the most expensive of all of his cables, but it is worth every penny of what you pay. It is the most transparent and musically defining cable I've ever used! It produces a great soundstage... every thing on that musical stage is brought out to my ears, and oh so well defined! I have listened to all of my Chesky FLAC files... and AIFF files, which BTW, I'm switching over to, because my Audirvana Plus music program and my Mac doesn't have to uncompress AIFF files... just play them... over and over I've listened with the Eternus. Wow!!

I suggest you ask Trevor about his Eternus pure silver cable for your headphone.

And, if any of you already have the Eternus, please let me know what you think.

Here's the Eternus...

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,153 of 6,464
I have used nearly everything that Trevor Goldman... Norne Audio... has made. All have been a big step up from the OEM cable that came with the headphones I've purchased. I do mean, "a BIG step up!" Trevor knows how to build cables! Of course, no one cable may be the ultimate for all headphones. But, Trevor can advise you which cable is best with a specific headphone. He doesn't just build cables, but rather he is very knowledgeable about wire and the construction that is needed to make that wire come out to make headphones sound their best. 

Recently, he laid a cable on me that takes my Audeze LCD-3's... latest version... to utopia! I'm not stretching this at all... Eternus is something else!! This pure silver cable is his "Eternus." Have any of you bought an Eternus from Trevor? It is the most expensive of all of his cables, but it is worth every penny of what you pay. It is the most transparent and musically defining cable I've ever used! It produces a great soundstage... every thing on that musical stage is brought out to my ears, and oh so well defined! I have listened to all of my Chesky FLAC files... and AIFF files, which BTW, I'm switching over to, because my Audirvana Plus music program and my Mac doesn't have to uncompress AIFF files... just play them... over and over I've listened with the Eternus. Wow!!

I suggest you ask Trevor about hisEternus pure silver cable for your headphone.

And, if any of you already have the Eternus, please let me know what you think.

Here's the Eternus...

Nice to see mention of the Eternus. I also have an Eternus coming for my LCD-3 2016, now you have me excited. It's already shipped and should be here soon.

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #2,154 of 6,464

I want a Vorpal cable :sob:

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #2,155 of 6,464
  Congrats for the new cables! 
Vorpal has a very engaging sound which makes music more energetic.
And the build is magnificent. Mine have been used for almost 2 years and it still works like a charm, no contact problems, no breaking of cables. Nice work Trevor.
I am waiting for my Therium cable using the incoming new connector. Cant wait for sharing with all of you!

I just got my Therium with new steel reiforced pins from Trevor.  This cable is AMAZING with my UE Mavericks.

I can't wait for my TH900s that are coming with an Eternus! Thanks Trevor!

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #2,156 of 6,464

I just got my Therium with new steel reiforced pins from Trevor.  This cable is AMAZING with my UE Mavericks.

I'm still waiting my cable to ship
frown.gif
 Such a long waiting for the new connector and cable making time.
Nice cable! How is the sound sig comparing to the old cable?

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #2,157 of 6,464

Beautiful, hadn't heard about the new steel reinforced pins, would be a nice add for reviews! I'll be using a 4 wire Vorpal and Therium in my upcoming CIEM review (Perfect Seal, InEarz, Alclair, and 64 Audio), not bending pins will be a challenge.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2,158 of 6,464
What cable should I get for my set up.

I am using the LCD-2.1 without Fazor and a hybrid tube amp, and Pathos Aurium.

I really want more detail and control of the bass. I could upgrade to the Fazor versions to solve this problem but I would miss the sweet lows.

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #2,159 of 6,464

I really want more detail and control of the bass. I could upgrade to the Fazor versions to solve this problem but I would miss the sweet lows.

Not to be snarky, but I would look for another headphone.  I thought the LCD-2 and -3 were awful, and have no confidence the rest are any better due to the house FR signature.  For bass I love my TH900s.

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #2,160 of 6,464

Perhaps the silvergarde or eternus silver cables

I have the silvergarde and it has great detaik and tight bass. I believe the eternus adds some weight to the mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back