Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 4, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,116 of 6,459

Nice collection of cables you got there! I'm about to order my Draug V2 for my HD800; It's gonnabe black and I think I will go with the black Neutrik balanced connector instead of the Eidolic 4 pin balanced to make it black all the way...Although I can't decide between the Gold filled Wenge splitter and the "Chrome plated splitter with black fill".

Wood vs Shiny metal, that is the question.

Are they the same size first of all?

Neutrik connectors are nice, but I prefer the finish and feel of the Eidolic. They feel more substantial. 

The wood splitters are gorgeous, as I have an ebony with red fill, a bubinga with black fill and a zebrano with black fill, but they will take a few extra days to make and that'll increase your wait time. All the Draug2 cables I'm waiting on will have aluminum splitters. The Solv X I ordered has an aluminum micro splitter that comes with the IEM cables.

For the regular sized headphones, the aluminum splitter should be the exact same dimension as the wood splitter. It's a matter of preference, but I'd likely go with metal in the future just because of its increased durability. I am a sucker for wood anything though. :p 

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #2,117 of 6,459

Neutrik connectors are nice, but I prefer the finish and feel of the Eidolic. They feel more substantial. 

The wood splitters are gorgeous, as I have an ebony with red fill, a bubinga with black fill and a zebrano with black fill, but they will take a few extra days to make and that'll increase your wait time. All the Draug2 cables I'm waiting on will have aluminum splitters. The Solv X I ordered has an aluminum micro splitter that comes with the IEM cables.

For the regular sized headphones, the aluminum splitter should be the exact same dimension as the wood splitter. It's a matter of preference, but I'd likely go with metal in the future just because of its increased durability. I am a sucker for wood anything though. :p 

Thank you! I wish you could show us a few images of the ebony red fill cable of yours...

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,118 of 6,459
Okay, I totally lied about the ebony splitter having a red fill. I swear it did, but I was mixing up the red cable color... or the red fill of the Solv X splitter.

No matter, here are some pictures of my Norne Audio cables. The only one I don't currently have in my possession is my Therium cable because I'm having Trevor re-terminate it in a 2.5mm balanced.

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #2,120 of 6,459
Here are some more pics of my Silvergarde S close ups..

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #2,121 of 6,459
Trevor said that no one has been unhappy with the theriums so far, well consider me the first. I was almost going to buy it until I heard it in a store. Crazy detail, but the bass falls flat even on a bass-heavy iem....Well not to worry, redemption is found with the Vorpal and skoll series! I bought what looks to be a skoll on the spot and have it reterminated right away. Best cables 10/10 would buy again

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,122 of 6,459
any recommendations with the Dharma? I was thinking Draug2.....

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #2,123 of 6,459
  Trevor said that no one has been unhappy with the theriums so far, well consider me the first. I was almost going to buy it until I heard it in a store. Crazy detail, but the bass falls flat even on a bass-heavy iem....Well not to worry, redemption is found with the Vorpal and skoll series! I bought what looks to be a skoll on the spot and have it reterminated right away. Best cables 10/10 would buy again

I use the Therium 4-wire IEM with my Shure SE-846. I completely disagree with the statement that it causes the bass of bass heavy IEMs to fall flat. 

What does that even mean???

The Therium increases the detail and seems to extend the treble frequency a bit. I didn't notice any difference with the bass -- or I should phrase it as the bass was not negatively affected. 

I obviously can't speak about the Vorpal and Skoll series for IEMs as I haven't heard them, but I think it's misleading to use such a strong statement. I brought this up in the LCD-4 thread, but I wish people would be more careful with their descriptors. If someone is browsing a thread and doesn't have much experience with audio, or if they are trying to get an idea about the sound signature or audible differences, the gross hyperbole I constantly see is disingenuous. 

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,125 of 6,459
Looking for a nice silver cable for my NT6 , does anyone own both Norne Therium and Silver Peptide V2 6-wire Silver ?

any thoughts ?

or perhaps the Solv Series X would fit the NT6 better ?

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #2,126 of 6,459
Looking for a nice silver cable for my NT6 , does anyone own both Norne Therium and Silver Peptide V2 6-wire Silver ?

any thoughts ?

or perhaps the Solv Series X
would fit the NT6 better ?

Well the difference between the Therium and the Silver Psptide is 2-3 weeks versus 5 months wait time to start with and cost is doubled also.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2,127 of 6,459
anyone have any idea how long is the wait time for silvergarde s now ?

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #2,128 of 6,459
I use the Therium 4-wire IEM with my Shure SE-846. I completely disagree with the statement that it causes the bass of bass heavy IEMs to fall flat. 

What does that even mean???

The Therium increases the detail and seems to extend the treble frequency a bit. I didn't notice any difference with the bass -- or I should phrase it as the bass was not negatively affected. 

I obviously can't speak about the Vorpal and Skoll series for IEMs as I haven't heard them, but I think it's misleading to use such a strong statement. I brought this up in the LCD-4 thread, but I wish people would be more careful with their descriptors. If someone is browsing a thread and doesn't have much experience with audio, or if they are trying to get an idea about the sound signature or audible differences, the gross hyperbole I constantly see is disingenuous. 
The "gross hyperbole" is what I came to a conclusion to after hearing 20 or more cables from that store. Mentioning that there is certainly less bass is my perception of the cable. If you disagree, its your opinion. To me none of what I said in my last post had any bit of exaggeration or hyperbole. Im just here voicing my thoughts, just like you and any other person here

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2,129 of 6,459
anyone have any idea how long is the wait time for silvergarde s now ?

I haven't seen trevors list of required builds so he'll be better placed to tell you.

Im guessing there's a chance it might be a few weeks, like 3 or 4. It's not as labour intensive a build as the draug

I beleive the big delays on cables that people wrote about a few months ago was due to to a black friday sale that went crazy.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #2,130 of 6,459
Just wanted to mention the exceptional service I got from Norne audio. I ordered silverguard clear couple of months back, when I got the cable it was longer than what I ordered and wasn't comfortable to use on the go. I contacted Trevor and he offered to: send me a replacement cable while I was still using the original one, pay for me to ship the original cable back and a free 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor. I am very impressed as I haven't come across this level of service anywhere before, not just hi-fi. Trevor is incredibly patient person and a smart businessman.
Thank you Trevor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back