Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #3,391 of 6,432
I have the iPhone 4S too (and also had the 4)  but the Nexus really trumps it this time, IMO. This time the whole upper rim is metal (yes the back battery cover is still plastsic), but already looks and feels better than the Galaxy S2. Now the Galaxy S2 is really plasticky in comparison with my 4S and the Galaxy Nexus...

Quote:

A Samsung phone that's not too plasticky? I'm not sure I believe you 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #3,392 of 6,432
One of the funniest reactions was the time at the office. I went to my co-workers desk and showed him my new Grado 125i. Then I let him listen to 1 track and he love the sound quality.

Then after 2 songs,

"I feel sleepy wearing your headphones." he said. (I think it's because of the comfy pads that came with it.)

Then I let him listen to music with it for a while. Then he returned to my desk handing me my Grados with his eyes all watery and kinda red.

I think he really fell asleep because of the comfies. LOL!

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #3,394 of 6,432
Playing Money - PinkFloyd 24bit/96khz on DT999Pro to my friend.

He replied : "I know what I'm getting for Christmas this year... :)"

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #3,395 of 6,432
It's official. Girlfriend doesn't have the ears for this hobby.

Her reaction to Bowie (her favorite artist ever) in AIFF through the LCD 2 and LF:

Is it bad that I don't really hear a difference? It sounds like Bowie...

My response: Yes.

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #3,396 of 6,432

Quote:

Her reaction to Bowie (her favorite artist ever) in AIFF through the LCD 2 and LF:

Girls who enjoy not-so-mainstream music are so interesting. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #3,397 of 6,432

Quote:
I have the iPhone 4S too (and also had the 4)  but the Nexus really trumps it this time, IMO. This time the whole upper rim is metal (yes the back battery cover is still plastsic), but already looks and feels better than the Galaxy S2. Now the Galaxy S2 is really plasticky in comparison with my 4S and the Galaxy Nexus...

Yeah, I don't think it's too hard to beat older Samsung phones in how the build quality feels. They just like to use a lot of plastic to keep their phones light, but it's always made them feel cheap. It's nice that they have a phone now that feels upscale (especially considering the price.) 

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #3,398 of 6,432

Give it to her for a night, let her listen to a bunch of lossless tracks and such.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #3,399 of 6,432
Agreed with above, then make her stick in Apple buds
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #3,400 of 6,432

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think it's too hard to beat older Samsung phones in how the build quality feels. They just like to use a lot of plastic to keep their phones light, but it's always made them feel cheap. It's nice that they have a phone now that feels upscale (especially considering the price.) 

This has been my biggest beef with Samsung devices, even though on paper they make some of the best smartphones around.

Proud Moto fan (Using Bionic, probably will for awhile)

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #3,401 of 6,432
She's pretty much exclusivly 80s and 90s

Quote:
Girls who enjoy not-so-mainstream music are so interesting. 

She seems to enjoy her 598 Right out of her laptop. She listens at low levels I found out today.

Quote:
Agreed with above, then make her stick in Apple buds
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #3,402 of 6,432

Quote:
Hmm, has iFixit done a teardown yet? Might be able to get some info on the DAC.

What? I have yet to see a popular phone sport a better DAC than the Cirrus Logic in the iOS and iPod devices (or Wolfson in early models)

Quote:
Acer in my profile.

About 35fps on medium (xbox quality)

I play skyrim on high.

xbox(or console) settings is
Low on everything at 720p or sub 720p with 2-4X MSAA
The graphics chip itself...the ATi X1900T (remade into the xenon gpu in the xbox) can only pull low to medium settings. with..perhaps medium textures sometimes. it can pull up to 4X MSAA due to a new update of the X1900T chip that can make it pull MSAA.

FPS spikes is an important thing. 60FPS dropping to 45FPS makes the game really laggy if it happens often.

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #3,403 of 6,432
Brought my HFI 580's to school today. Friend had the beats but wanted to try out my headphones.

Friend 1 (used to generic constantly breaking headphones): "Oh my god dude can I have these? These sound ******* amazing!"

Friend with beats put them on and looked spaced out for the next 10 minutes. Takes them off and he's like "...So how much did you pay for these, like 200$? (tell him only 120$)...... Dude beats are pretty bad"

After school Friend 1 "Dude those headphones are really really good. I should come over to your house more often, or you should bring those to school more often, haha!" Friend with beats "They sound really good dude, they also don't even look that bad. Man I feel like selling my beats! I put those on and the I couldn't hear anything, it's like the world disappeared and I could only hear the sweet sound of music..."

He's asking me for a link to where I got 'em from. I think I made a convert today :)

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #3,405 of 6,432

Quote:

As much as I want the new Galaxy, its ICS isn't exactly too unique anymore. There's quite a few ports floating around...Even one for the Droid 2 Global I've got on my hands. Take a look.

Now most reactions I get with my own headphones are "they're really comfortable".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back