Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 15, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #3,361 of 6,432

Quote:
I never did get the whole high end headphones for gaming idea. I get the same accuracy with cheap headphones. I want good sound for music only. I use my speakers to play games.

I don't know how much of a difference there is gaming with super high end headphones, but I personally enjoy gaming a ton more with headphones than speakers.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #3,362 of 6,432
I am sure that the HD800's soundstage helps in gaming. Just wondering what a Smyth Realiser can do to produce a HT feeling while playing games and watching movies. I have a pair of Pioneer 5.1 headphone and the image projection is very real already (but the headphone itself is crap) - would be excited to know how far the Realiser with the SR009 / LCD3 will fare.

Quote:
I don't know how much of a difference there is gaming with super high end headphones, but I personally enjoy gaming a ton more with headphones than speakers.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #3,363 of 6,432

Quote:
I know there is no 100% emulation - otherwise the speaker dudes will run out of business pretty soon - but I am keen to see what the Realiser can do.

It's meant to be pretty special when setup correctly for the individual user/owner.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #3,365 of 6,432
The first time i ever listened to my grado sr60 i was so blown away by it's awesomeness i threw out my old headphones, previously i owned some sony earbuds that came with my phone. 

edit: sorry wrong post...not sure how to delete =/

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #3,366 of 6,432

Quote:

Same here. If I wanted to "try", I'd use headphones. 

Quote:
The first time i ever listened to my grado sr60 i was so blown away by it's awesomeness i threw out my old headphones, previously i owned some sony earbuds that came with my phone. 

You can't delete posts ._.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #3,367 of 6,432

Quote:
@Bowei006 You never answered my question. How am I trolling you?

idk. just kinda felt like it. 
I was all 
confused_face_2.gif

and you were all 
devil_face.gif
deadhorse.gif

ehh, my typing isn't that good at conveying what i thought. but yes. i know exactly what you mean.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #3,368 of 6,432
confused_face.gif
now I'm confused lol. But I'll take your word for it.

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #3,370 of 6,432

Quote:

Don't worry 'bout it, I think it belongs in this thread anyway.

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #3,372 of 6,432
Despite all the gears I own, I am fascinated by this latest new toy. To me, it has surpassed the iPhone 4 and 4S (I had an iPhone 4 and now owns the iPhone 4S) and took the crown of Cell Phone Head-fi. I am using my Westone ES5 and Ultimate Ears UE18 Pro (both custom made in-ear monitors, with the UE18 Pro being the most expensive custom made IEM in the world) for the comparison. Pretty amazing I'd say... Wait a month or so before I come to a solid conclusion though, to eliminate any possiblity of New Toy Syndrome and let it fully burn in. (Yes you are right I mean exactly BURNING IN A CELL PHONE LOL). Looks like I will recommend this phone to my non-audophile friends.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #3,373 of 6,432
Despite all the gears I own, I am fascinated by this latest new toy. To me, it has surpassed the iPhone 4 and 4S (I had an iPhone 4 and now owns the iPhone 4S) and took the crown of Cell Phone Head-fi. I am using my Westone ES5 and Ultimate Ears UE18 Pro (both custom made in-ear monitors, with the UE18 Pro being the most expensive custom made IEM in the world) for the comparison. Pretty amazing I'd say... Wait a month or so before I come to a solid conclusion though, to eliminate any possiblity of New Toy Syndrome and let it fully burn in. (Yes you are right I mean exactly BURNING IN A CELL PHONE LOL). Looks like I will recommend this phone to my non-audophile friends.

Hmm, has iFixit done a teardown yet? Might be able to get some info on the DAC.

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #3,374 of 6,432
Just went out for lunch and got a new toy for use with the ES5. Great stuff, but hisses a bit on the ES5. No hiss on the UE18 Pro. It is through these things that we can introduce audio gear to non-audiophiles as I insist my friends who want to try out this new toy to use my universal TF10 Pro.  Not that any of these portable consoles sound good, but it is a start.

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #3,375 of 6,432
sInce the dIscussIon has gone thIs way I must emphesIze how much my new tablet computer rocks. cant waIt to show all my frIends. 

sorry about the capItal I's my tablet does It automatIcally for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back