Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 16, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #3,377 of 6,432

Quote:
sInce the dIscussIon has gone thIs way I must emphesIze how much my new tablet computer rocks. cant waIt to show all my frIends. 

sorry about the capItal I's my tablet does It automatIcally for some reason.

Did you intend on returning the Beats Pro the entire time when you bought them? Because if so, I take back the first comment I made on your review. Glad you got a tablet, it's a much better way to spend hard or even not hard earned money. It does so much more for you than a pair of Beats can. Functionality wise (because it's a tablet, not a headphone) and putting a smile on the face wise. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #3,378 of 6,432

Quote:
Did you intend on returning the Beats Pro the entire time when you bought them? Because if so, I take back the first comment I made on your review. Glad you got a tablet, it's a much better way to spend hard or even not hard earned money. It does so much more for you than a pair of Beats can. Functionality wise (because it's a tablet, not a headphone) and putting a smile on the face wise. 

Yes i intended on returning the beats from the start. I bought them as a trial period because i liked what i heard at the store.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #3,379 of 6,432
Well that's a whole different story, I can respect that and retract the validity of that comment. After longer auditions we often find products either extremely special or not so special. I'll admit, every time I put them on in the store I am almost impressed. Then I switch genres, pull out my IE8's and repeat until I realize I can't stand the sound of then with a few genres making an exception and displaying good qualities in the Pros. I always found it funny that people find it so impressive that the bass on the Studios "shake their head". It's the equivalent of sitting in a car with a sub that shakes the crap out of you and the car but at the same time, sounds so dirty and unclean because the gain is way too high so you can't enjoy the sound itself. I like when I system can pound the crap out of you while delivering clean bass and balanced sound, it's just epic overall. Who cares if the Studios shake your head, must indicate the raw power and the gushing amounts of awesome bass they put out right? 

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent there. On another note, does anyone have reactions from people demoing their V-Moda M80s yet? I'm still not sure on getting those, I think getting my TF10's reshelled will take priority either way. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #3,380 of 6,432

Quote:
Just went out for lunch and got a new toy for use with the ES5. Great stuff, but hisses a bit on the ES5. No hiss on the UE18 Pro. It is through these things that we can introduce audio gear to non-audiophiles as I insist my friends who want to try out this new toy to use my universal TF10 Pro.  Not that any of these portable consoles sound good, but it is a start.

Wait... The Vita is out?!  Well, don't just sit there man, give us the low down.  Is this thing really the portable monster we've been led to believe?

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #3,382 of 6,432

Quote:
Wait... The Vita is out?!  Well, don't just sit there man, give us the low down.  Is this thing really the portable monster we've been led to believe?

HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #3,384 of 6,432
Dec 16, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #3,386 of 6,432

Quote:
Model?

FPS?

How prone to FPS spikes?

Acer in my profile.

About 35fps on medium (xbox quality)

I play skyrim on high.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #3,387 of 6,432
Even my GTX580 two way SLI setup cannot play Crysis 100% smooth with 4XAA and all maximum settings in 1920X1080 in some scenes... Crysis 2 plays smooth though... I think we just have to live with that Crysis has some optimization problems...

Anyway back to the Vita - yes it is out - in Japan today. Hong Kong always has Japan imports faster than anywhere in the world, sometimes including Japan... Some said it is comparable to PS3 - I think not. I have three games, namely Everybody's Golf, Sangoku Mosou Next and Uncharted. IMO only Uncharted is close to PS3 but in terms of resolution still not there... And Everybody's Golf and Sangoku Mosou Next are just slightly better than PS2 IMO.

The thing good with it is that it gives me the feeling of PSP1000. Although the PSP1000 is heavier than the other two models (I also have the 2000 model), the two later models felt very plastic and cheap even for the shiny color ones. The PS Vita gives me back the solid feeling of the first PSP, which is quite nice. And co-incidentally that is my feeling towards the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which I bought yesterday - I had the S2 and it was too plastic-feel and light for me, and the Nexus just does it right this time IMO.

Let me add a one liner which puts this back to the "non-audiophile" discussion - I am not impressed by the PS Vita's sound quality at all. Not sure what Sony is thinking about here...

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #3,388 of 6,432
I'm using Acer 4740, which should be a lot worse than your 5742... It's about $1000+ here. Can't even play COD smoothly. Sigh.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #3,389 of 6,432

Quote:
I'm using Acer 4740, which should be a lot worse than your 5742... It's about $1000+ here. Can't even play COD smoothly. Sigh.

I play cod black ops on max with no issues.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #3,390 of 6,432

Quote:
Even my GTX580 two way SLI setup cannot play Crysis 100% smooth with 4XAA and all maximum settings in 1920X1080 in some scenes... Crysis 2 plays smooth though... I think we just have to live with that Crysis has some optimization problems...

Anyway back to the Vita - yes it is out - in Japan today. Hong Kong always has Japan imports faster than anywhere in the world, sometimes including Japan... Some said it is comparable to PS3 - I think not. I have three games, namely Everybody's Golf, Sangoku Mosou Next and Uncharted. IMO only Uncharted is close to PS3 but in terms of resolution still not there... And Everybody's Golf and Sangoku Mosou Next are just slightly better than PS2 IMO.

The thing good with it is that it gives me the feeling of PSP1000. Although the PSP1000 is heavier than the other two models (I also have the 2000 model), the two later models felt very plastic and cheap even for the shiny color ones. The PS Vita gives me back the solid feeling of the first PSP, which is quite nice. And co-incidentally that is my feeling towards the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which I bought yesterday - I had the S2 and it was too plastic-feel and light for me, and the Nexus just does it right this time IMO.

Let me add a one liner which puts this back to the "non-audiophile" discussion - I am not impressed by the PS Vita's sound quality at all. Not sure what Sony is thinking about here...

A Samsung phone that's not too plasticky? I'm not sure I believe you 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back