Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 16, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #3,406 of 6,432

Quote:
Brought my HFI 580's to school today. Friend had the beats but wanted to try out my headphones.

Friend 1 (used to generic constantly breaking headphones): "Oh my god dude can I have these? These sound ******* amazing!"

Friend with beats put them on and looked spaced out for the next 10 minutes. Takes them off and he's like "...So how much did you pay for these, like 200$? (tell him only 120$)...... Dude beats are pretty bad"

After school Friend 1 "Dude those headphones are really really good. I should come over to your house more often, or you should bring those to school more often, haha!" Friend with beats "They sound really good dude, they also don't even look that bad. Man I feel like selling my beats! I put those on and the I couldn't hear anything, it's like the world disappeared and I could only hear the sweet sound of music..."

He's asking me for a link to where I got 'em from. I think I made a convert today :)

............we .,....must be twins. i also happened to bring my HFI 580s into school today(first time) many friends came up to me and asked to try it. but i ignored them for the most part. i didn't let them try it but i did tell them about it. why didn't i let them try it. disgusting ears. they only asked for small talk. didn't really want a whole lesson why. and you could jsut tell..they were beats 4 life. people. and they would look down at me if i  told them i got it for $118 so i just told them the MSRB for which it sells for. :)

the best pair of headphones(audiophile...somehwat recommended for cheapos) at my school are a set of Koss porta pro's...during classes. all you see are the fostex earbuds and beats X(

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #3,407 of 6,432
Last night I let my friend try my HFI-580's out of an E10. He uses some cheaper supra aural Sony headphones and mostly listens to video game tracks, so I put on the FFXIII theme in lossless and he started laughing and just stood there with a smile. When it finished he said, "why can't everything sound this good?". The cans aren't even that good with classical but they still must have been way better than whatever he used. I think I made another believer. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #3,408 of 6,432

Quote:
Last night I let my friend try my HFI-580's out of an E10. He uses some cheaper supra aural Sony headphones and mostly listens to video game tracks, so I put on the FFXIII theme in lossless and he started laughing and just stood there with a smile. When it finished he said, "why can't everything sound this good?". The cans aren't even that good with classical but they still must have been way better than whatever he used. I think I made another believer. 
biggrin.gif

Now, he'll go searching for better audio and over the course of the next few years all of his other hobbies will go down the drain. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #3,410 of 6,432
Dec 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #3,411 of 6,432
Music has always been where my heart lies so I'm not missing out on much.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #3,412 of 6,432
what i notice most about the reaction is that they think it sounds good.
but i think another audiophile would appreciate it more.
most do not have a very devoloped ear for the details.
out of all my good friends the one who owns a studio and produces music appreciates the hell out of my rig and loves it.

the rest are just like oh man that sounds good, neat.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #3,414 of 6,432

Quote:
How's the sound quality of Galaxy Nexus compared to iPhone 4 or 4S?

the conversation has kinda moved on but 
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/451683-audiophiles-galaxy-nexus-sound-quality-vs-galaxy-s.html

a
dd in the fact that the iphone's all use(except original, which used Woflson) high quality Cirrus Logic's.....and yeah. it's really hard to natively beat apple products in sound quality. really hard. my 3 and a half year old iPod Touch 2G sports an Cirrus Logic CS4398, the new ones don't use this chip, but here. check out the specs of this thing

http://cirrus.com/en/products/cs4398.html
http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDatasheet/CS4398_F1.pdf
http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/rdDatasheet/CDB4398.pdf

T
he Asus Xonar DX (MSRB $100) also uses this DAC.

the thing holding the iOS devices and ipods back would be the amp. i get a lot of problems due to clipping, distortion, noise due to the weak and muddifiying amplifier in the ipod. so...i used to use an LOD and E5...but my E5 just broke. so..im using my Mac now. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #3,415 of 6,432
Dec 17, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3,418 of 6,432

Quote:
I don't have a Galaxy. :D

I'm a Mac, but apparently the Samsung Galaxy Note is the best thing next to the iPhone. I've always liked Android, and the Note looks like a really nice phone. iOS is getting a bit stale.

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #3,419 of 6,432
ios is boring. The only thing it has going for it is functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back