Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #3,423 of 6,432

Quote:
Yes those, those are the cheap IEM i have a love affair with.  They also are extremely durable as ive had mine since may and the samsung logo hasn't even began to fade, mine looks exactly like that after 7 months.

I have also seen you on the thread about monoprice 8320's. how are they? after much burn in? im interested in getting those. as a pre buy before the SE215's

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #3,424 of 6,432
I just gave it a minute or so and put it down... Prefer my Westone ES5 and UE18 Pro. :)

Quote:
Yes those, those are the cheap IEM i have a love affair with.  They also are extremely durable as ive had mine since may and the samsung logo hasn't even began to fade, mine looks exactly like that after 7 months.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #3,425 of 6,432

Quote:
I have also seen you on the thread about monoprice 8320's. how are they? after much burn in? im interested in getting those. as a pre buy before the SE215's

I honestly cant remember how they were when i first got them and the only thing i had to compare to at that time were XB500s.  
About their sound, if i could describe them in one word i would say average.  They dont lack clarity or seperation, but they wouldn't astound you.  The bass treble and mids are balanced but there is a slight emphasis on the bass, but the bass remains tight controlled and deep.  They dont do any specific thing amazingly but they do everything good, there isn't a genre that these dont do well with.
They are ~$10 with shipping here -> http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Headphone-Handsfree-EHS44ASSBE-GH59-10443B/dp/B005FUNYV2/ref=sr_1_21?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1324177515&sr=1-21

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #3,428 of 6,432

Quote:
Pretty sure that's the point...

......yeah. like..really? not only are iPhones the same price and less than android ones.....it's faster than most android devices. becaause android uses DVM, which can not take full advantage of cpu and gpu.
the 800MHz A5 in the 4S clocks 145Mflops in linpack, the Galaxy S 2 and Razr both packed 70Mflops....
The iphone's GPU compared to other is like comparing a beetle to a ferrari. 3X speed increase form Galaxy S2 and an overal average of 8X faster than most 1 year old android devices
For web browser natively, the 4S clocks 2190ms, the Razr clocks 2100ms, the Galaxy S2 about 3400ms in Sunspider
For Browsermark the 4S clocks in at 89,567 points, Galaxy S2 @ 55,144 points and Razr @ 79,000 points

So the 4S is faster than anything. it has functionality
read this
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/12/07/former_google_intern_explains_why_ui_lag_occurs_more_often_in_android_than_ios.html
you will know see that android is a half baked OS never meant to do anything it does right now. and that's why it uses DVM instead of JVM

90% of app revenue from mobile devices come not only form iOS, with android taking only 6%. AND iOS is easier to write code for since all the devices are the same.
the 4S also has a Cirrus Logic Chip for audio

And other than the Rezound, nothing packs more pixel density. and the rezound uses qHD technology. qHD and HTC screen colors are horrendous when compared to the Galaxy's and 4S's
Screens by rank: 1st:Galaxy S2    2nd:4S    3rd:many many many ties

and it has a new camera. DSLR inspired IR filter and backlighted CMOS sensor. 

For Audiophilies:
Cirrus Logic chip
Solid State Storage; super fast samsung memory
Supports AIFF and ALAC
15mW amplification
the iPOD interface everyone likes
Can be used with LOD's

Why NOT buy an Apple Product?

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #3,429 of 6,432
I like my iPhone 4S, its camera and its games, but for general information browsing, I still like Android's widgets for convenience, you don't need to click into every app to see what you want to see. And although I like the 4S' resolution, I like the S2's or Nexus' color much more.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #3,430 of 6,432

Quote:
......yeah. like..really? not only are iPhones the same price and less than android ones.....it's faster than most android devices. becaause android uses DVM, which can not take full advantage of cpu and gpu.
the 800MHz A5 in the 4S clocks 145Mflops in linpack, the Galaxy S 2 and Razr both packed 70Mflops....
The iphone's GPU compared to other is like comparing a beetle to a ferrari. 3X speed increase form Galaxy S2 and an overal average of 8X faster than most 1 year old android devices
For web browser natively, the 4S clocks 2190ms, the Razr clocks 2100ms, the Galaxy S2 about 3400ms in Sunspider
For Browsermark the 4S clocks in at 89,567 points, Galaxy S2 @ 55,144 points and Razr @ 79,000 points

So the 4S is faster than anything. it has functionality
read this
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/12/07/former_google_intern_explains_why_ui_lag_occurs_more_often_in_android_than_ios.html
you will know see that android is a half baked OS never meant to do anything it does right now. and that's why it uses DVM instead of JVM

90% of app revenue from mobile devices come not only form iOS, with android taking only 6%. AND iOS is easier to write code for since all the devices are the same.
the 4S also has a Cirrus Logic Chip for audio

And other than the Rezound, nothing packs more pixel density. and the rezound uses qHD technology. qHD and HTC screen colors are horrendous when compared to the Galaxy's and 4S's
Screens by rank: 1st:Galaxy S2    2nd:4S    3rd:many many many ties

and it has a new camera. DSLR inspired IR filter and backlighted CMOS sensor. 

For Audiophilies:
Cirrus Logic chip
Solid State Storage; super fast samsung memory
Supports AIFF and ALAC
15mW amplification
the iPOD interface everyone likes
Can be used with LOD's

Why NOT buy an Apple Product?

And that's why we have developer support. Thing is, with all the statistics...In "real world tests", will anyone really notice? So what android linpacks lower? Are you going to notice a mass drop in speed? Not really. The sad thing is, most people are too simple-minded to take advantage of all any one android device has to offer. Which is why iPhone is so popular...I've asked people who were going to convert to iPhone, "were you rooted" and most just replied "what's root?". *facepalm*. Speaking as someone that fools about with the OS itself, it takes a tech-minded person to really wring everything out of android. Personally, I find my fairly outdated Droid 2 screams along just fine, and it isn't even anywhere near the specs of today's devices. Letting a few people play around nets the same results, they find it's a pretty smooth running device. I'm also too cheap to upgrade though
beyersmile.png

Aside from that, I don't like being tied into iTunes for music. Might want to note the current stock music player on my phone also supports flac/ogg support on top of most normal formats.
Question: Why compare the SGS2? That thing's outdated already. Try the Nexus. You're right if you're thinking phone tech moves too fast though. Even I agree with that...

Well, guess I'll be taking flak by posting this but hey, to each his own. One can prefer Apple, one can prefer Google. Then again, flak cannons are just about meaningless to me.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #3,431 of 6,432

Quote:
And that's why we have developer support. Thing is, with all the statistics...In "real world tests", will anyone really notice? So what android linpacks lower? Are you going to notice a mass drop in speed? Not really. The sad thing is, most people are too simple-minded to take advantage of all any one android device has to offer. Which is why iPhone is so popular...I've asked people who were going to convert to iPhone, "were you rooted" and most just replied "what's root?". *facepalm*. Speaking as someone that fools about with the OS itself, it takes a tech-minded person to really wring everything out of android. Personally, I find my fairly outdated Droid 2 screams along just fine, and it isn't even anywhere near the specs of today's devices. Letting a few people play around nets the same results, they find it's a pretty smooth running device. I'm also too cheap to upgrade though
beyersmile.png

Aside from that, I don't like being tied into iTunes for music. Might want to note the current stock music player on my phone also supports flac/ogg support on top of most normal formats.
Question: Why compare the SGS2? That thing's outdated already. Try the Nexus. You're right if you're thinking phone tech moves too fast though. Even I agree with that...

Well, guess I'll be taking flak by posting this but hey, to each his own. One can prefer Apple, one can prefer Google. Then again, flak cannons are just about meaningless to me.

Comparing my iphone 4 to my android powered toshiba thrive tablet the tablet on android is slow as hell and buggy. Apple just works. Thats why i like it.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #3,432 of 6,432

Quote:
Comparing my iphone 4 to my android powered toshiba thrive tablet the tablet on android is slow as hell and buggy. Apple just works. Thats why i like it.

This is why I love Apple, perfect.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #3,433 of 6,432

Quote:

Then why not WP7, it "just works" as much as an iPhone, but has some features of android, an impressive non boring design, and some features of its own. Plus Zune is great to sync music with and you can pin artists, albums, and genres to the start screen.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #3,434 of 6,432

Quote:

Then why not WP7, it "just works" as much as an iPhone, but has some features of android, an impressive non boring design, and some features of its own. Plus Zune is great to sync music with and you can pin artists, albums, and genres to the start screen.  And on the visual side it looks stunning and will automaticly download pictures of artists that will appear on the start screen if you choose for it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back