Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Feb 24, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #4,351 of 4,655
Everybody's ears are different.  :d
What one may hear in a pair of hps someone else may not

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #4,353 of 4,655
Feb 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,354 of 4,655
How do you know Dischord hasn't?

Don't really care either way. I just know the bottom line is people speak of a veil, it's simply not there in the modern 650, 600.
Hence why I doubted him. His response was a remedial GIF.

This is an opinion based hobby, he is entitled to his opinion (as am I). my comment was directed at him, I was polite, nothing was said negative to him, and certainly nothing was said to you.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #4,358 of 4,655
I am sorry I said anything, I did not realize it was him when I replied(on my phone) or I would have refrained.

My apologies to the thread.
xD you bit the bait like a marlin.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #4,360 of 4,655
Yup sennheisers are veiled and akg are plasticky and bass light...
*puts on some nero and lets the wubwubwun out the modded q701s rattle my skull*

Nothing veiled on my HD800 and nothing plasticky or bass light on my K812.. Stereotyping is dangerous mate 
wink_face.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #4,361 of 4,655
Someone cranked up my ALO Audio RXmkII all the way (into clipping oblivion) along with my mad dogs and commented "WOW THAT BASS". Today I learned that your average consumer thinks distortion where the bass should be == bass. BRB Going to make the "distorts by kilspeed111" and make more money in a week than Beats ever did.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #4,362 of 4,655
  I think my music teacher is a audiophile...

He currently uses an AKG K 201 regularly for his listening (not sure how good these are) and has a baller speaker system at his house. That and a collection of CDs and vynals. And a crap ton of rare guitars.

I'm pretty sure he's and audiohphile.

Reminds me of a teacher I used to have. Or well, he teached me once or twice, while I was still rocking the Beats Pro. As almost every audiophile, he kind of despised me (but he was still a nice guy though, I only noticed because I looked back at it, it was more in a joking manner). Now about 2,5 years later, I found out by accident that he was an audiophile, by searching for an used HD800. Now I own his HD800 :)

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #4,363 of 4,655
ksc75smile.gif
 Now that was funny, thank you for the laugh.

I just told my mom I was thinking about spending $380 on cables for my headphones and she just about reached through the phone to smack me in the back of the head (I could tell by the tone) "That's rediculous, that's as much as the headphones cost by themselves.  It can't make THAT much difference, blah blah blah...etc etc"  She final stopped and said "whatever, it's your money..."  I could see her rolling her eyes thinking where did I go wrong with this one?  His sisters didn't turn out like this.

I bought balanced & diamond premium pro cables, coupled with tube amps, the more expensive the better we all know that.
To my wife,it's all snake oil, I explained to her that there is of course improvements from usual cables.

And now that I want to buy premium Sony sd cards to store my 3 albums ripped from vinyl on flac with the highest bit rate, she says it's just storing, it doesn't change anything in the sounds.
I told her that of course rotational velocidensity affects hard disks and degrades the music over time easily.
Also she says that there is no difference between 320Kbps mp3 and flac... I completely feel the """inaudible difference""", and think people don't have my diamond encrusted ears or have a setup with only a single Dac (Disgusting!).

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #4,365 of 4,655
I bought balanced & diamond premium pro cables, coupled with tube amps, the more expensive the better we all know that.
To my wife,it's all snake oil, I explained to her that there is of course improvements from usual cables.

And now that I want to buy premium Sony sd cards to store my 3 albums ripped from vinyl on flac with the highest bit rate, she says it's just storing, it doesn't change anything in the sounds.
I told her that of course rotational velocidensity affects hard disks and degrades the music over time easily.
Also she says that there is no difference between 320Kbps mp3 and flac... I completely feel the """inaudible difference""", and think people don't have my diamond encrusted ears or have a setup with only a single Dac (Disgusting!).

10/10, would read rants and audiophile lingos in your blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back