Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
May 24, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #3,302 of 4,655
Or you could get a good audio system for the car

Or you could spend $10000 on a car, $5000 on a TotL gaming rig and the other $5000 on DSLRs and lenses. Priorities indeed 
tongue.gif

May 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #3,303 of 4,655

Talking about girlfriends..

I made my GF sell her beats pro a while ago, since she never used them and she wanted a real pair of headphones (After hearing my Hifiman HE-300 she was sold ^.^).
She was, just like me, looking for a Mr Speakers Mad Dog. But these aren't cheap (338 euro's if shipped from America to where we live). So today I started to search.. Within a few minutes, I've found the perfect can for her.
A Beyerdynamic DT770 32ohm!

my roommate's gf prefers my Ultrasone DJ1 to her earbuds, my roommate's old Skullcandy earbuds and new Beats earbuds (he only paid $35 for them but I still gave him a bit of hell XD), and the old Studios I had before I sold them.  And all she does is watch Glee on her iPad -___-

May 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #3,304 of 4,655
I go out a lot with my Beats Studio that my dad bought me a few months ago and I absolutely love them. And it has noise cancelling so I can listen to it in the tube and in the bus every where.

Then today in class there was this dork from my physics class came up to me shoving his headphones to my face. I don't know what those beats knockoffs were, I think they were some YKG? AGG? or something. Tried them on and they sounded horrible. No bass at all. I can't even hear my ears rumbling and I can hear everyone around me laughing at the dorky headphones through the headphones. I know right? So weird, headphones are supposed to block out other sounds but I don't know what these beats knockoffs are supposed to do.

Then I gave him my Beats and let him listen for a while. His face totally changed and he was quiet for a while. I asked him if he ever had listened to them but he didn't hear me of course because of the superior noise cancelling technology from Beats. When he finally took it off, from the look of things I can see that he regrets buying that Beats knockoff. He told me I should ditch the Beats and get some 'real' headphones like his. And then he mentioned some other brands that sounded weird and cheap.

Dude come on man, I want to listen to my Beats, you don't have to preach about headphones to me 24/7.

It turns out everyone at school knows him as that weird kid who shoves his headphones to other people's faces. Especially Beats owners like me.

Stop being weird.

Wear your beats loud & proud and never pay attention to the bandwagon of beats haters , they are a fearful type - "fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering" (Yoda).

Do not suffer as they do :D

May Dre force be with you..... :wink:

May 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3,306 of 4,655
Thx brudda. Me and the other beats users are marginalized and persecuted everywhere we go. We just hope people would stop being weird and shoving "better" headphones to our faces and telling us to change our headphones.

They don't seem to want to change their shoes or clothes when I tell them Onitsuka Tiger makes better sneakers than Adidas or Prada makes better button shirts than Padini.

But they're very so eager to tell me how my headphones suck and I should sell my Beats and get one of those ultrasomes or hifimen. Dude your shoes and clothes suck too.

/sarcasm tag for those who don't get it.

May 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #3,307 of 4,655
Wear your beats loud & proud and never pay attention to the bandwagon of beats haters , they are a fearful type - "fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering" (Yoda).

Do not suffer as they do
biggrin.gif

May Dre force be with you.....
wink.gif

Thx brudda. Me and the other beats users are marginalized and persecuted everywhere we go. We just hope people would stop being weird and shoving "better" headphones to our faces and telling us to change our headphones.

They don't seem to want to change their shoes or clothes when I tell them Onitsuka Tiger makes better sneakers than Adidas or Prada makes better button shirts than Padini.

But they're very so eager to tell me how my headphones suck and I should sell my Beats and get one of those ultrasomes or hifimen. Dude your shoes and clothes suck too.

/sarcasm tag for those who don't get it.

Damn it, I literally laughed my ass off.. 
dt880smile.png

May 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #3,309 of 4,655
I had my sister try out my HD600's the other day, she was impressed by how great they sounded. Though I think after only using apple headphones for the longest time, anything would sound better. She asked some questions about how much it cost for my PC (also demoed Bioshock Infinite with eyefinity) and the headphones.

Surprisingly great success so far, nobody that has heard the HD600's has thought they were a waste of money. 

May 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #3,310 of 4,655
Brought my HD558's to school on exam day since I have a bunch of extra time after exams to chill, my friend who loves Beyonce wanted to hear them so I put on her newest album and he started quietly singing to it and didn't want to take it off. "Put on another song!" 

May 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,311 of 4,655
Brought my HD558's to school on exam day since I have a bunch of extra time after exams to chill, my friend who loves Beyonce wanted to hear them so I put on her newest album and he started quietly singing to it and didn't want to take it off. "Put on another song!" 

Ha - just like my dad when I let him try my FOSTEX TH600's amped with Fiio E17 playing some tracks he liked off iTunes on my iPad - he didn't want to take them off and kept asking me to play another track, then another, then etc...:D

May 24, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3,313 of 4,655

Ha - just like my dad when I let him try my FOSTEX TH600's amped with Fiio E17 playing some tracks he liked off iTunes on my iPad - he didn't want to take them off and kept asking me to play another track, then another, then etc...
biggrin.gif

It was surprising to me because most people that have heard my open headphones don't like it because it lets in sound. "What the point of having headphones that let you listen to your surroundings?"

May 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #3,314 of 4,655
  It was surprising to me because most people that have heard my open headphones don't like it because it lets in sound. "What the point of having headphones that let you listen to your surroundings?"

Touche. Most of my friends who tried my headphones asked that very question. "The purpose of headphone is to listen to music while blocking out noise, so you won't get distracted while listening to it. If a headphone leaks ambient noise, that defeats the purpose of using headphones in the first place".

May 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #3,315 of 4,655
Touche. Most of my friends who tried my headphones asked that very question. "The purpose of headphone is to listen to music while blocking out noise, so you won't get distracted while listening to it. If a headphone leaks ambient noise, that defeats the purpose of using headphones in the first place".
depends on how you explain it. I usually tell people it makes the music sound like the artist is actually there because the sound has space to breathe. Use lots of descriptive words, and if they persist the point of a headphone is to isolate, then counter with something like this: "Your headphones are made to do that. My headphones are made to play back music as realistically as possible. The open back contributes to the Uber real sound quality. And, why would I need to isolate myself when I'm in my own home and everything is quiet? (unless you are using them as portable. Then say, why do I need to isolate myself from people? Where in the definition of headphone does it say its made to isolate? The definition of headphone is two speakers held close to your ears by an object that connects them together. (I actually don't know if that was the definition. It just sounds right, and nobody you talk to will look it up.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back