Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
May 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #3,331 of 4,655
  Well, I can still hear my brother's music with Jabra Vox wonder how can one stands it...

I don't have any leakage problems using grados. 
I really wonder just like you how some people can leak so bad with closed headphones or earbuds.
The amount of pain and suffering their eardrums have to endure.... 

May 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #3,333 of 4,655

That seems impossible for me to do as I will always have the very slight leakage, at least, when I take it off and put it on my table. It's always good to listen at low volume although some though that the more you pay for the headphone, the louder you will have to turn which is completely misleading.

May 26, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3,334 of 4,655
That seems impossible for me to do as I will always have the very slight leakage, at least, when I take it off and put it on my table. It's always good to listen at low volume although some though that the more you pay for the headphone, the louder you will have to turn which is completely misleading.

+1 to that. There are still a lot of headphones up the price ladder that do well with phones. The $400 Beats Pro is a good example. Or the $300 Momentum to add more sense to it. But I kinda forgot the $500+ headphones that work well as portable cans. Oh, wait, the T5p – a kilobuck portable can.

May 26, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #3,335 of 4,655
+1 to that. There are still a lot of headphones up the price ladder that do well with phones. The $400 Beats Pro is a good example. Or the $300 Momentum to add more sense to it. But I kinda forgot the $500+ headphones that work well as portable cans. Oh, wait, the T5p – a kilobuck portable can.

And are the XiaoMi Piston really that good? Feel like ordering one for my friend HAHA

May 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #3,337 of 4,655
Agreed. I just bought the Xiaomi Pistons and I do think they are the best <$20 earphones. I used to have the Carbo Tenore ($50) and still have the SoundMAGIC E10 ($35). The Carbo Tenore have a noticeable sound improvement compared to the E10s mainly in clarity. They are also much easier to put in the ears due to smaller housing.

On topic: Told a friend why I have so many headphones and earphones (they know I love music) and they stayed quiet about it. Probably trying not to hurt my feelings or something which I respect. Oh, and I was also surprised that an old 'acquaintance' of mine linked me what headphones he was gonna get (doesn't know I'm into headphones). He linked me the AKG K701 and AKG K702. I thought he was gonna link me to some gaming headsets or poor quality headphones.

May 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,338 of 4,655
Agreed. I just bought the Xiaomi Pistons and I do think they are the best <$20 earphones. I used to have the Carbo Tenore ($50) and still have the SoundMAGIC E10 ($35). The Carbo Tenore have a noticeable sound improvement compared to the E10s mainly in clarity. They are also much easier to put in the ears due to smaller housing.

On topic: Told a friend why I have so many headphones and earphones (they know I love music) and they stayed quiet about it. Probably trying not to hurt my feelings or something which I respect. Oh, and I was also surprised that an old 'acquaintance' of mine linked me what headphones he was gonna get (doesn't know I'm into headphones). He linked me the AKG K701 and AKG K702. I thought he was gonna link me to some gaming headsets or poor quality headphones.

Looks like your love for music and headphones grew on them. Congrats.

May 26, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,339 of 4,655
Looks like your love for music and headphones grew on them. Congrats.

No its not that...I've known him since 2012 and used to always play games with him in 2012 summer. He was extremely obnoxious which is why I label him as an 'acquaintance' rather than a friend. We stopped playing together and rarely talked after that. He started to add me to his conversations on Skype a couple times per month. I'm pretty positive that he found out about audio quality and headphones himself (just like I did) because I never talked to him about it. But still, its pretty nice to see that he is getting into it.

May 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #3,340 of 4,655
I really wonder just like you how some people can leak so bad with closed headphones or earbuds.
The amount of pain and suffering their eardrums have to endure.... 

Reminds me of a person I met in a math workshop. He was wearing a beats solo and I can always hear what he is listening to =.= Its pretty sad...

May 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #3,341 of 4,655
Reminds me of a person I met in a math workshop. He was wearing a beats solo and I can always hear what he is listening to =.= Its pretty sad...

R.I.P his ears.. You really have to turn these up to make them audible to the outside world.

May 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #3,342 of 4,655
Dont worry when he get very bad tinnitus then he will wish he hadn't listen to them that loud. Tinnitus is something that you do not want to get and it worst if you get it very bad.

May 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,343 of 4,655
Dont worry when he get very bad tinnitus then he will wish he hadn't listen to them that loud. Tinnitus is something that you do not want to get and it worst if you get it very bad.

Yeap! Some people decided to ignore our hearing caution for we are not a doctor :frowning2: I used to have a temporary tinnitus when I was young because of fireworks. Glad it's not permanently xD

May 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3,344 of 4,655
I have had tinnitus ever since I was born. Didn't really ever bother me since I'm so used to it, but I'm sure it would make people go crazy if they develop it later in life.

May 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #3,345 of 4,655
Yeap! Some people decided to ignore our hearing caution for we are not a doctor
frown.gif
I used to have a temporary tinnitus when I was young because of fireworks. Glad it's not permanently xD

Sadly I have it but from not realizing something was too loud til it was too late, so now I hear that huming sound the old tvs made, most times i can ignore it, where other times i notice it. While loosing some high freq from my left ear, tho i had a ear test and my left ear was bit better then my right ear. I just cant hear that tuning folk in my left ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back