Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #2,791 of 4,655
It was some crappy on ear beats which did sound bad

Probably the beats solo.. Yeah, these are the most horrid pair of them all. Can't believe I used to love them!

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,792 of 4,655
Thanks!

Haha true story! He was frowning how good the Bose is and how many car uses their speaker... I disgrace... I tried Porsche with Bose, horrible sound quality! Just pure loose bass + unrealistic vocals. The salesman ignored my complains about the speaker and decided to show me the Bose components at the back of the car. I mean, Karman in BMW X5 is better IMO except for the treble spikes.. Very minor. I guess, after all, car sound system is all about bass.
I have come to the conclusion that, I can never get anyone who loves bass into audiophile world! I have 0 basshead gear. Except for XBA-4 but you need a ultra low OI amp to make that happen.

It depends, I have 2 Porsche's in the household and both are equipped with a Bose sound system. The one in the Cayenne is much better than the one in the Boxster, however, I agree with you both are at best "meh" compared to other sound systems. In such expensive cars I was utterly disappointed with the sound system. Then, in the special edition (works tuned) Boxster is a sports exhaust, so the 3.4 liter flat six is all the sound-system one would need. But in general, especially the latest B&O, Burmester (Porsche exclusive but pricey option is a DREAM to listen to), etc. are light years better than ubiquitous Bose which you find in so many brands these days.

Cheers,
K

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #2,794 of 4,655
why would you buy a boxster?! and than tune it?!!! imo but what a waste of money

I didn't tune it, Porsche did, the "Porsche Design Edition 2" comes like that, though not much, just 8 how more than the standard Boxster S, 303 instead of 295 at that time due to a freer flowing exhaust. It was a great deal and came with every option box ticked, PASM, adaptive sport seats, sport chrono pack, sports exhaust and whatnot. The sound of the engine above 3500 rpm is sublime. It's a boat load of fun to drive. Also, I didn't buy it, wifey did. :D she saw it and fell in love.

Back to topic: Bose sound system in this car still sucks.

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #2,795 of 4,655
IMO I like B&O's unique and beautiful design. I think we pay for their design effort and design meet performance. It's 2014, where, I believe, seeing is quite important. You won't buy a ugly technology. IMO
thumbs up for you! By definition, audiophile is people who is enthusiastic about hi-Fi not people who likes neutral sound. If people who strike for neutral sound is an audiophile, then personally, I am not neither. I am a warm and midrange head xD

We're saying the same thing

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #2,796 of 4,655
I doubt I would buy a Porsche @.@ the ultra annoying sound of the engine is just bothering me :/ (Paranoma, I am mentioning). I mean, they can actually be used as a sub-woofer alreadt T.T sorry car fans, just not used to sports car sound although they look extremely cool! My dad was impressed by Bose sound system in Paranoma "high spec" (according to the salesman) until I whispered "too much bass" and when we switched back to my beloved car. XD

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,797 of 4,655
I doubt I would buy a Porsche @.@ the ultra annoying sound of the engine is just bothering me :/ (Paranoma, I am mentioning). I mean, they can actually be used as a sub-woofer alreadt T.T sorry car fans, just not used to sports car sound although they look extremely cool! My dad was impressed by Bose sound system in Paranoma "high spec" (according to the salesman) until I whispered "too much bass" and when we switched back to my beloved car. XD

Lol 
biggrin.gif

If you are seriously considering buying a Porsche, I doubt you'd really care about the speakers. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #2,799 of 4,655
Honestly, I'd probably be impressed by bose car speakers, I've never once heard a hifi car stereo system. Also, it would seem like a waste of money unless you had an electric car.

I know I wasn't that impressed with them. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #2,800 of 4,655
Honestly, I'd probably be impressed by bose car speakers, I've never once heard a hifi car stereo system. Also, it would seem like a waste of money unless you had an electric car.

Agreed. I'd have a decent sound system, $1000 or less, but spending more isn't worth it due to noise.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #2,801 of 4,655
I let a friend listen to his favorite tracks through my PS500s and the Asus EOne. After a couple minutes of head bobbing he handed them back to me. "I can't listen to these any more, they'll ruin my headphones for me." :D

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #2,802 of 4,655
Alright, so I let my friend listen to his music with my FA Heaven VI and he said that they sounded great and he could hear quite a difference from his Apple Earpods. Was quite content with that response. Later on, I went to the cafeteria and started to listen to music at my table with other friends. They noticed the shiny metal case that came with the IEMs and asked me how much it cost and one guy literally freaked out. He kept ranting, "I would never spend that much money just for headphones! I bet they are garbage!" He didn't even listen to them and I could of said the same thing about the $200 Smartwatch that he bought lol. Another friend said that his $20 no-brand earphones sounded better than mine (and he didn't even listen to them)..I just made a virtual facepalm..

In the future, I will have the people that want to listen with my IEMs have their own music sources ready and before I tell them the cost. It would be easier to impress or convince people that way. Telling them the cost then having them try will have a detrimental effect.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #2,803 of 4,655
Alright, so I let my friend listen to his music with my FA Heaven VI and he said that they sounded great and he could hear quite a difference from his Apple Earpods. Was quite content with that response. Later on, I went to the cafeteria and started to listen to music at my table with other friends. They noticed the shiny metal case that came with the IEMs and asked me how much it cost and one guy literally freaked out. He kept ranting, "I would never spend that much money just for headphones! I bet they are garbage!" He didn't even listen to them and I could of said the same thing about the $200 Smartwatch that he bought lol. Another friend said that his $20 no-brand earphones sounded better than mine (and he didn't even listen to them)..I just made a virtual facepalm..

In the future, I will have the people that want to listen with my IEMs have their own music sources ready and before I tell them the cost. It would be easier to impress or convince people that way. Telling them the cost then having them try will have a detrimental effect.

Or just don't hang out with complete idiots. Assuming something sounds bad for no reason is really ignorant.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,804 of 4,655
Or just don't hang out with complete idiots. Assuming something sounds bad for no reason is really ignorant.

Not much I can do there, that would mean 80-90% of all the students at the school are bad. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #2,805 of 4,655
That's why I don't talk about audio unless someone asked me about it. Fortunately, no one seems interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back