Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 15, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #2,716 of 4,655
  Just a quick off-topic: just so you know, I'm 14 years old, so if Head-Fi didn't allow kids like me on here, lots (read: legions) of us wouldn't even be here in the first place, and Head-Fi might be a smaller community than it is right now. But then again, I have no idea.

Anyway, back on topic: I placed my Beats Pros round my dog's neck and played some solo piano for a while (note: my dog was lying on the bed so he didn't feel the weight). Turns out, he fell asleep after a couple songs. I think he liked it.

Mhm, I should try that sometime.. Although I think my dog is afraid of my headphone, heck, it's scared of anything.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #2,717 of 4,655
Well dischord PM'ed me and bugged me about the Skullcandy Crushers there, so I blocked and reported him. I don't get why they even let 15 yr. olds on the site.

Slightly more on topic, I spotted a guy wearing HD598's from across the street waiting for a bus. I went and talked to him for a few minutes, and suggested he get a Fiio E18 or iBasso D-Zero for his Moto X, and that he would definitely notice an imporvement in the sound over running them off of his phone. He is the FIRST guy with good headphones that I've seen. I've seen some okay stuff, but nothing surprising like the Senns.

I've learned that it is easier to wow people with on/over ear headphones than IEM's. Once you've acquired the taste, IEM's seem to become more important.

I like my cans better, the SQ is better on cans IMO. To stay on topic, I've let a fellow workmate listen to my TH600s, it impressed him so much he asked me what he should get for around $100. I told him to read some reviews on headfi also suggested a few cans, I even let him listen to my Takstars and Yammy HPH200 both under $100. After reading some reviews he decided to get the CAL2. There was a deal going on (2 for $200) and he messages me to see if I wanted in on the deal. I said why not and I too now own the CAL2. Highly recommended for the budget conscious.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #2,718 of 4,655
I didn't think dubstep had a lot of sub-bass, I was listening to some dubstep via the SZ2000 while I had them for that genre, actually I wasn't impressed with it for any electronica, it did sound good with the low bass hip hop music, so unless your music collection is 80% hip hop don't bother. And to keep it on topic, I let my fellow workmates listen to the SZ2000 when they arrived and they weren't impressed either, but they did admit it was headache inducing bass and almost nothing else. It was the same one that bought the CAL2.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #2,719 of 4,655
I like my cans better, the SQ is better on cans IMO. To stay on topic, I've let a fellow workmate listen to my TH600s, it impressed him so much he asked me what he should get for around $100. I told him to read some reviews on headfi also suggested a few cans, I even let him listen to my Takstars and Yammy HPH200 both under $100. After reading some reviews he decided to get the CAL2. There was a deal going on (2 for $200) and he messages me to see if I wanted in on the deal. I said why not and I too now own the CAL2. Highly recommended for the budget conscious.

Isn't it pretty dark sounding? The treble seemed pretty rolled off when I demoed.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2,720 of 4,655
Tell me again how things that happen after reasonable listening levels are passed are good measurements of a headphone's quality.

And you can't know for certain about anything without listening to them first. And if you are, that's just arrogance.

I absolutely agree that for someone to present an argument over a headphone they have not listened to in person - their argument either positive or negative is hypothetical and redundant.

I'm surprised that any bass head would not have these unique cans immediately in their collection IMO, for me, the crushers are serious fun and present an amazing bass experience thats for the win 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #2,721 of 4,655
Isn't it pretty dark sounding? The treble seemed pretty rolled off when I demoed.

You get used to them and they're quite good value. The mad dogs are even darker by a lot, so dark I thought it was broken but after some time they do sound very special. Some cans require some time to adjust others just give you that wow factor straight away

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #2,722 of 4,655

You get used to them and they're quite good value. The mad dogs are even darker by a lot, so dark I thought it was broken but after some time they do sound very special. Some cans require some time to adjust others just give you that wow factor straight away

I can imagine that you'd get used to the sound as it seemed like a fairly smooth roll off or perhaps shelved down treble response.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #2,725 of 4,655
  I absolutely agree that for someone to present an argument over a headphone they have not listened to in person - their argument either positive or negative is hypothetical and redundant.

I'm surprised that any bass head would not have these unique cans immediately in their collection IMO, for me, the crushers are serious fun and present an amazing bass experience thats for the win 
smily_headphones1.gif

Not everyone likes the gimmick that the crushers present to you 
tongue.gif
 I'm not the kind of basshead that likes hawaii-style bass anyways.

Wow, they actually look better than I had originally imagined.

Yea, they don't look as cheap as most skullcandy offerings! 

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #2,726 of 4,655
Not everyone likes the gimmick that the crushers present to you :p  I'm not the kind of basshead that likes hawaii-style bass anyways.

Yea, they don't look as cheap as most skullcandy offerings! 

Navigators look great IMO

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,727 of 4,655
Okay, so I am literally $10 away from getting the new iBasso DX90 and decided that I needed to sell my IEMs Zero Audio Carbo Tenore which were $50. I asked a friend that uses the old Apple Earbuds if he wanted to buy them for $20 and said I was crazy. I told him that Apple earbuds provide pretty poor audio quality and no isolation and told him the benefits of IEMs. He tried them on and listened to his music for 15 minutes. I could tell that he couldn't hear anything but his music and was jamming out :3 after he took them off, he said he will definitely buy them and was convinced. Now I have enough to get that DX90 :)

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,729 of 4,655
... This guy might just be one of the best photo editors I've seen on thus site... And there's a lot of good ones... Hats off to ya sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back