Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #2,731 of 4,655
Alright kiddies, story time.
About a week ago, I was "studying" with a few friends (well, it started as studying, but as usual it turned into a joke around, rate women by whether or not you would do them thing.... yeah) and I had my trusty UE6000's with me. It's not like their new, and my friends have seen them plenty of times before, but one of them decided he wanted to try them out. I let him use his own source so I have no idea about the sound quality (not like the UE6000's are a very revealing headphones or anything) or what music he was listening to. He listened for a few minutes, took them off, said "screw* you, I don't need any more reasons to spend my money" and just laughed. I told him that they were $200 but could be now found for $100. I don't think he'll convert or anything, but it's nice to see a positive, if hilarious, reaction out of people.

PS: I did get some studying done later that day (can't slack off too much at my age) 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #2,732 of 4,655
Alright kiddies, story time.
About a week ago, I was "studying" with a few friends (well, it started as studying, but as usual it turned into a joke around, rate women by whether or not you would do them thing.... yeah) and I had my trusty UE6000's with me. It's not like their new, and my friends have seen them plenty of times before, but one of them decided he wanted to try them out. I let him use his own source so I have no idea about the sound quality (not like the UE6000's are a very revealing headphones or anything) or what music he was listening to. He listened for a few minutes, took them off, said "screw* you, I don't need any more reasons to spend my money" and just laughed. I told him that they were $200 but could be now found for $100. I don't think he'll convert or anything, but it's nice to see a positive, if hilarious, reaction out of people.

PS: I did get some studying done later that day (can't slack off too much at my age) :D
I didn't know screw* has five letters??!!??? :p

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #2,735 of 4,655
You guys suck :wink: lol.
I meant it as a trick to keep the younger crowd from being able to guess what was said....
nah, I'm just trying to save face, its actually a typo
:D

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #2,736 of 4,655
You guys suck
wink.gif
lol.
I meant it as a trick to keep the younger crowd from being able to guess what was said....
biggrin.gif

Uh, FYI, I'm part of that "younger crowd." And lemme tell ya, I know exactly what you were saying.
That is, unless there are actually 4th-graders on HF...

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #2,737 of 4,655
  Uh, FYI, I'm part of that "younger crowd." And lemme tell ya, I know exactly what you were saying.
That is, unless there are actually 4th-graders on HF...

LOL I think it was just a joke about the silly censorship on here. Like if they blank out the word with asterisks no one knows what the word was supposed to be.

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2,738 of 4,655
I don't suppose the censorship here is too tight, most people here just don't swear all that much, aside for the Schiit-puns. I just read a pretty colourful describtion of the guy who was reviewing the upcoming HE-560.

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #2,739 of 4,655
You guys suck :wink: lol.
:D
lol. Slim shady, you're in that group too!

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #2,741 of 4,655
ARE YOU "THE REAL SLIM SHADY" O.O

wink.gif

LOL.

There's this one guy called @messi who says he's the real Lionel Messi. However, he says he can't exactly prove it because this is, after all, the Internet.
But I'm willing to bet that @ SlimShadyMJ is not the real Slim Shady. One convincing reason is because, well, Slim Shady is simply an alter ego of ol' Eminem. 

Also, what does the "MJ" stand for? Michael Jackson? Michael Jordan? Magic Johnson?

Whatever I just said back there, we all know we're just playing along.

Oh yeah, on-topic this time: blah blah headphones blah blah conversion blah blah Beats is better blah blah blah

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #2,742 of 4,655

LOL I think it was just a joke about the silly censorship on here. Like if they blank out the word with asterisks no one knows what the word was supposed to be.

LOL, yep, your right. It was a joke, though I in no way meant it to be a criticism of censorship on this site. I've had no problem with this site in  that regard.

ARE YOU "THE REAL SLIM SHADY" O.O

wink.gif

I'm standing up right now. 
biggrin.gif

LOL.

There's this one guy called @messi who says he's the real Lionel Messi. However, he says he can't exactly prove it because this is, after all, the Internet.
But I'm willing to bet that @ SlimShadyMJ is not the real Slim Shady. One convincing reason is because, well, Slim Shady is simply an alter ego of ol' Eminem. 

Also, what does the "MJ" stand for? Michael Jackson? Michael Jordan? Magic Johnson?

Whatever I just said back there, we all know we're just playing along.

Oh yeah, on-topic this time: blah blah headphones blah blah conversion blah blah Beats is better blah blah blah

Haha, I'm not the actual "real slim shady". Kinda glad too, Slim's a sociopath lol. Just listen to Kim.
MJ = Michael Jackson. My favourite artist.... Ever,

On Topic: I was at my cousins today and a conversation strung up because he bought a CD (Tupac something or another -- it's basically trash) when he already had the songs on his desktop. They were Youtube rips (I did the same with Ok Computer, since I had it in 320 MP3). So my brother decided to get on his case and say he wasted money. I hear this, and being as awesome as I am, I come to inject some reason and logic into this convo. I explain that CD's have much better sound quality than what he already has on his PC. Nope. My brother doesn't want to believe it. Then, he turns it against me. I had a convo with him a few days ago about buying headphones (he started it) where I basically said "having different headphones for different genres would be nice and something I'm going to do". He brings that up. All of the sudden, I'm the moron. They turned on me so fast it's unbelievable. It went on for a while, until I finally just gave up and said "just try it and see (holding JVC HA FRD80). They didn't. 
In the end, non audiophiles sometimes react with hostility (I guess is the right word)

Sorry for rambling,

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,743 of 4,655
  Haha, I'm not the actual "real slim shady". Kinda glad too, Slim's a sociopath lol. Just listen to Kim.
MJ = Michael Jackson. My favourite artist.... Ever.

On Topic: I was at my cousins today and a conversation strung up because he bought a CD (Tupac something or another -- it's basically trash) when he already had the songs on his desktop. They were Youtube rips (I did the same with Ok Computer, since I had it in 320 MP3). So my brother decided to get on his case and say he wasted money. I hear this, and being as awesome as I am, I come to inject some reason and logic into this convo. I explain that CD's have much better sound quality than what he already has on his PC. Nope. My brother doesn't want to believe it. Then, he turns it against me. I had a convo with him a few days ago about buying headphones (he started it) where I basically said "having different headphones for different genres would be nice and something I'm going to do". He brings that up. All of the sudden, I'm the moron. They turned on me so fast it's unbelievable. It went on for a while, until I finally just gave up and said "just try it and see (holding JVC HA FRD80). They didn't. 
In the end, non audiophiles sometimes react with hostility (I guess is the right word)

Sorry for rambling,

Tupac? Uhh, I think that's 2-Pac. Quoting a line from Eminem's "Rap God,"
Me? I'm a product of Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, 2-Pac, M.W.A., Cube, hey, Doc, Ren, Yella, Easy, thank you, they got Slim.

The hostile type of gencom (general consumer; I like to use this term because it sounds highly derogatory) is the most annoying type. But then again, there are audiophiles who are pretty hostile when it comes to defending their personal opinion. To me, those are even more annoying.

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #2,744 of 4,655
Tupac Shakur is his actual name, 2-Pac is a stage name. Did you just say Tupac is trash? .....!

Anywhoo, I showed a mate of mine my Signature DJ, his reaction "Its clear, but not enough bass, you need to get Skull Crushers..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back