Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 16, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #1,907 of 4,655
I knew you were joking. :p

This is me facepalming at myself 
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,908 of 4,655
When people try to tell me that they like a lot of bass, or that Beats has the best bass, I encourage them to try V-Moda, as a well regarded "basshead" offering (not beats level bass, but that's kinda the point) that has the build quality of a tank. I feel like most people can be sold on durability, if nothing else

Guys guys guys....but sorry to say it..there is only ONE phone who really is built like a genuine tank but sounds like a million bucks on my gaming rig when i play games or watch movies on my pc..seriously..it fell like a million times on hard wooden floor..is stepped on, sit on..even layd on..attacked by (HUGE) cat and even bitten by a (small) dog..cable got under all kind of sorts (wheels etc) .u cant even image..even once it got so wet because of a glass that fell over it i thought it would die..BUT nope..its an immortal HP and i have it since 8 years now or so..USED DAILY! .and it will probably go into my grave...will never sell those!

Okay..my new code-x totally annihilates it on music reproduction...but immortal..nope..that HP will break in a milion pieces if it ever fell on the floor..thats for sure!!!.

.only the beyerdynamic MMX300 is truly immortal...thats all metal and carbonized stuff with velours...made to last a lifetime..

its like a rolex...u dont buy it for urself..u use it until ur child is old enough to take it over.. :wink:

And its very affordable (if u can find one that is) and its geared/tuned towards gaming and movies reproduction but does. Music pretty well AND is closed back...what else u could wish for :p

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,910 of 4,655

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #1,911 of 4,655
lol he's using the technical terms he's trying to confuse us

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #1,912 of 4,655
Ha ha! I've had people say that about my amp before! Lol! I still think JVC's are the best cans for bassheads, and for value. I'm getting those LP's, so we shall see. I will do a full test on the LP's in comparison to JVC HA-M55X's, Beats Studios (old version), monster N-Tune(Nice as hell headphones. Great for all types of music. Basically the same sound signature as the JVC's, but smaller. By the way, the JVC's and the N-Tunes are both really good for rock, and bass oriented music. They got the balance just right.) and whatever else my friends let me borrow for testing. I will be testing them out of a 1-10 scale.
Build, Durability (based on research... I don't have money to replace 550$ of headphones), distortion, loudness, bass quality, bass impact, mids quality (which I know JVC's will get the highest. The mid range instrumentals are just too nice sounding... Even if male vocals are somewhat lackluster.), Equalization responsiveness, treble quality, soundstage (which JVC's have quite a big one, at that. Especially for basshead cans... Oddly so, in fact.) soundstage accuracy, drivability, response to being driven with FiiO E11, cost/quality ratio, accessories... Any other things I should touch on in my comparisons of two popular, and one not so popular basshead cans? (I might be able to do comparisons between a new model beats pro too, and a new model beats studio. Also maybe a Solo HD, and some apple ear buds as a control comparison. Oh, skull candy 2XL ear buds, skull candy hesh 2... Maybe. And then other things I can find.) this will be reposted in the basshead club.

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #1,913 of 4,655
a bit oftopic..but for anyone interested, my 'first impressions' thread is online about my new rig...tomorrow i will include listening impressions also..its my first ever review..so bare with me
biggrin.gif
:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710504/blue-circle-pag-custom-headphone-amp#post_10368489

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #1,917 of 4,655
Got scolded by my girlfriend by "wasting" money on C5D amps instead of marrying her. Meh :tongue_smile:

Later on she tried the amps with t51p, haven't seen my headphone in a while. RIP

That reminds me, so gonna make sure my future wife loves music and doesn't mind me getting audio gears xD

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #1,919 of 4,655
That reminds me, so gonna make sure my future wife loves music and doesn't mind me getting audio gears xD

good luck with that..most women i knew in my life dont care about it..or it has to be how it looks in the house..and some even can get rather annoyed when they find out ur amp actually costs more then one of her HUGE handbag... so best is hide the price tags and warranty papers in the desk where u work...lie about the pricing..say u bought it second hand or traded it in for ur old stuff (last one always worked for me!) and keep her HAPPY...buy her nice stuff..let her buy stuff of which u honestly would disagree with deep down inside... and especially...if u have a daughter also...make her an audio (or whatever expensive hobby u have) addict..as she will be ur best ally and able to help u when needed....u see...u almost have to be a general to keep ur upgratitus going if ur married/girlfriend/boyfriend etc. but its fun to do it...
biggrin.gif

and yeah i go to hell when i die... thats for sure...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,920 of 4,655
Indeed, I may need a wife who can control my spendings but just not too much like "You ain't getting food tonight if you don't sell your HE-90 to fund me a bag!!" I'm fine she could go "Hey, you promised me to get me a bag, how is it going" :D that, I won't even dare to scold her hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back