Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,706 of 4,655
that's why they discontinued it? :| I... I can't even. That's probably the stupidest reason ever. WE DIDNT ADVERTISE ENOUGH, AND IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD.

It appealed to the wrong market, the audiophile headphone market probably makes up around 10% of the headphone market share?

I know beats alone owns 60% and if you're not counting headset sales for classes/jobs, you've still got many other brands that still dominate.

But looking at it from a profit stand point, appealing to 60% of people is a lot better.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #3,707 of 4,655
It appealed to the wrong market, the audiophile headphone market probably makes up around 10% of the headphone market share?

I know beats alone owns 60% and if you're not counting headset sales for classes/jobs, you've still got many other brands that still dominate.

But looking at it from a profit stand point, appealing to 60% of people is a lot better.

Yup. Beats has always been about the money, especially considering the cost of them.

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #3,708 of 4,655
I remember my friend had a pair of them Beats Pros which he said said that were amazing. I tried a pair in the apple store and then laughed at his response. When I came back to school I told him how crap I thought they were. Apparently he wouldn't listen to me and got quite pissed. It's funny because the rest of my friends are against Beats. At least the Studio 2 isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #3,709 of 4,655

why not appeal to both? Sennheiser certainly does lol... For every one beats I see, I see 40 20$ ear buds and a few Sony ZX100's or skull candies. In my high school, we have 800(?) students... Of those, I remember one with the original studio's, one with the studio 2.0's, one with the pro's, and 6-8 with the solo's or solo hd's... Also, one with the Urbeats in ears. Basically everybody has iem's here, so yeah around 40 20$ iem's per beats... There's a guy with monster n-tunes, which I quite liked. If you can find them for 60$, they are well worth the price imo. But anyways, just saying that that's not 60% of the market, at least where I live it isn't. I think I remember reading the 60% somewhere too. I also remember it saying they own 60% of the market of headphones over 200$, and NOT total.

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #3,710 of 4,655
I remember my friend had a pair of them Beats Pros which he said said that were amazing. I tried a pair in the apple store and then laughed at his response. When I came back to school I told him how crap I thought they were. Apparently he wouldn't listen to me and got quite pissed. It's funny because the rest of my friends are against Beats. At least the Studio 2 isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

That's condescending man. He has a preference and you should respect that. Of course he wouldn't listen to you and got pissed, you dissed his headphones.

Don't tell me you got a PortaPro and you're trying to make him listen to that.

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #3,711 of 4,655

What is this BS?

Aug 9, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3,713 of 4,655
Aug 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,714 of 4,655
It says that but it sounds nearly the same as the CD's so why do they say that crap?

It makes me really mad.
no idea lol... Apple doing another cash grab that people will fall for I guess?

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,716 of 4,655

What is this BS?

You're obviously asking in the wrong place, since the first few responses are way off. Mastered for iTunes establishes criteria that raise the standards of mp3s available on the iTunes store. It isn't just hype, it's a real thing. How different it sounds from the CDs depends on what master is used, though: for a while there MfiT was the only place you could get the new Led Zep remasters, but now obviously the available CDs match (or likely exceed) MfiT quality. It's not intended as a differentiator between CDs and mp3s though ... it's a differentiator between mp3s on the iTunes store and mp3s available from competitors.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #3,717 of 4,655
PDF detailing "Mastered for iTunes" here:

https://www.apple.com/au/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/mastered_for_itunes.pdf

It looks like the real deal. Possibly a lot of re-mastered stuff, with greater dynamic range etc - that would sound a lot better on a great headphone rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back