Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #3,691 of 4,655

3. That's just snobbery. Nothing ruins a good party like that one guy who won't let go of the fact that somebody walked in with Beats on or with a Macbook Pro or a male Gucci wallet for men.

To be able to identify an inferior product does put you on the right path to making better decisions. If I took the word "hating" out of context, forgive my willing ignorance on slang, but hating means a serious dislike and does not necessarily imply verbal/written action, to which renders the label "snobbery" and the (personal) anecdote rather out of context as well.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #3,692 of 4,655
  I guess some enjoys instilling ear-damaging substance in the form of 'distortion'.

This is the kind of talk that turns me off. That's exaggeration.

To be able to identify an inferior product does put you on the right path to making better decisions. If I took the word "hating" out of context, forgive my willing ignorance on slang, but hating means a serious dislike and does not necessarily imply verbal/written action, to which renders the label "snobbery" and the (personal) anecdote rather out of context as well.

Your willful ignorance has been forgiven.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #3,693 of 4,655
You do realize that distortion damages ear, right?

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #3,694 of 4,655
  You do realize that distortion damages ear, right?

Only if the distortion affects volume. Otherwise the damage is limited to musicality. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #3,695 of 4,655
Aug 7, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #3,696 of 4,655
go try a solo 2 or a studio 2 before you judge. They run with v-moda sq wise.
wink.gif
trust me.

Are you are going off of what you read or what you have heard with your own ears?

The V-moda's are not my cup of tea SQ wise, but they are substantially better sounding then the Solo 2's(also not what I look for)., they dig deeper, had better separation and a more layered bass response. I just heard them both for the first time recently at a mini-meet with some friends. Both were better then I expected, neither would replace anything I own.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #3,697 of 4,655
Anyway, back on topic. Was having lunch with my cousin just about an hour ago. Asking about my purchases since we last met (which is a weekly thing) is formality. My most recent purchase? Cables? To which he responded, "well, at least that's not going to upset the Mrs".

Silence.

"Why the silence? how much can cables cost?"

More silence.

"$50?"

I ever so slightly choke on my food, which didn't really help the situation as it was spicy. Now my throat is burning.

"Oh god, how much do cables cost?"...

I purchased the Draug V2, fully pimped in the longest available length. Not normally a cable person, but life's to short to criticize without ever trying. $500.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #3,698 of 4,655
  Anyway, back on topic. Was having lunch with my cousin just about an hour ago. Asking about my purchases since we last met (which is a weekly thing) is formality. My most recent purchase? Cables? To which he responded, "well, at least that's not going to upset the Mrs".

Silence.

"Why the silence? how much can cables cost?"

More silence.

"$50?"

I ever so slightly choke on my food, which didn't really help the situation as it was spicy. Now my throat is burning.

"Oh god, how much do cables cost?"...

I purchased the Draug V2, fully pimped in the longest available length. Not normally a cable person, but life's to short to criticize without ever trying. $500.

Can you post a picture of it to the Norne Audio thread? A lot of people (including me) are looking forward to see some pictures of the Draug V2.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #3,699 of 4,655

Can you post a picture of it to the Norne Audio thread? A lot of people (including me) are looking forward to see some pictures of the Draug V2.

Sure thing, should arrive in late August. Express posted to the not-so-Emerald (in fact largely brownish) city of OZ(tralia). Still working up enough motivation to cleaning my headphone corner and take some pictures.

Nearly there... after one more track.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #3,701 of 4,655
Let my friend test my RockJaw AF, he asked for the price and no longer thought my hobby is crazy and one decided to buy it :D [one of us... One of us.., one of us!]

My parents tested my Micro iDSD. Both were very impressed and like it a lot with H6.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,702 of 4,655

More Portapro praising

I just can't, portapros are really ugly, their design is just awful looking, and at this price, I don't see a point of using headphones over earphones.

I'm willing to pay more just for something that looks better, so I can see where Beats consumers are coming from in that aspect.

..But listening to the Beats Pro which is currently $399 retail and comparing that to the UE9000 (which is the same as the UE6000 in terms of SQ) makes me lose respect for beats. The UE6000 can be easily had for $80 and actually have the edge on sound quality to the Beats Pro. They still retain a bassy signature as well, I remember the Ue9000 being metal build, and if the ue6000 is anywhere near the same build as the 9000, well it is the real beats killer.

Unfortunately, they already discontinued the series because, well I guess Logitech felt they didn't advertise the release enough. They ended up appealing to the "audiophile market" which Logitech doesn't really care about, they want to appeal to the General Consumer market, and if I'm correct, they'll want to merge their gaming market as well.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #3,703 of 4,655

More Portapro praising

I just can't, portapros are really ugly, their design is just awful looking, and at this price, I don't see a point of using headphones over earphones.

I'm willing to pay more just for something that looks better, so I can see where Beats consumers are coming from in that aspect.

..But listening to the Beats Pro which is currently $399 retail and comparing that to the UE9000 (which is the same as the UE6000 in terms of SQ) makes me lose respect for beats. The UE6000 can be easily had for $80 and actually have the edge on sound quality to the Beats Pro. They still retain a bassy signature as well, I remember the Ue9000 being metal build, and if the ue6000 is anywhere near the same build as the 9000, well it is the real beats killer.

Unfortunately, they already discontinued the series because, well I guess Logitech felt they didn't advertise the release enough. They ended up appealing to the "audiophile market" which Logitech doesn't really care about, they want to appeal to the General Consumer market, and if I'm correct, they'll want to merge their gaming market as well.

They aren't that ugly looking in person. I'm a 17 year old female that will wear them in public come on! 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #3,704 of 4,655
Are you are going off of what you read or what you have heard with your own ears?

The V-moda's are not my cup of tea SQ wise, but they are substantially better sounding then the Solo 2's(also not what I look for)., they dig deeper, had better separation and a more layered bass response. I just heard them both for the first time recently at a mini-meet with some friends. Both were better then I expected, neither would replace anything I own.
I demo'd them at best buy with my own music. I got maybe 4 minutes of a-b'ing, so meh. At first glance, they are very similar in sq. I'll just leave it at that.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #3,705 of 4,655

that's why they discontinued it? :| I... I can't even. That's probably the stupidest reason ever. WE DIDNT ADVERTISE ENOUGH, AND IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back