Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Jun 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #3,406 of 4,655
I was referring to specifically my modded pair. It sounds warm in a way that kind of reminds me of the HD650, but not even approaching its technical abilities. But even then, I thought stock KSC75s with clips weren't as good as a regular PortaPro. On a headband they're less harsh though. I've been meaning to get mine repaired but shipping costs more than what I paid for them...

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #3,408 of 4,655
  The K812 are efficient yes but they're also open-backed which doesn't make them ideal for portable use. I think the LCD-XC is also marketed as a (rather large) portable but not sure on that. As far as I know almost all summit-fi cans are open-backed (for a good reason too).

A few weeks ago I saw a middle aged man sitting in a cafe at a local shipping mall... with his LCD-XC connected to what seemed to be an iPod classic. I hope it was a Fiio X5 though (I didn't get close enough to be sure about that), because iPod classic -> LCD-XC is kinda pointless. But even if it was an X5... wearing XCs in public is a bold move.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #3,409 of 4,655

Right now I'm using the Cavalli Liquid Lightning as my amp and I usually use my NuForce DAC-100 as my source. I've ordered a Blue Hawaii SE from HeadAmp, but I'm not sure when it'll be ready.

Man, the BHSE is REALLY NICE. I've heard quite a bit of wait time for that amp. I am looking at some DIY builds of the T2. We have a Head-fi'er in the UK that builds classy amps for the Stax. I currently have one of the KGSShv amps that he built. Good luck.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #3,410 of 4,655

Having an argument with someone about Youtube Quality vs CD quality 

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3,411 of 4,655

is this on YouTube? Send a link so we can have a torrent of crazy audiophiles on his butt. >:3

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,412 of 4,655
Jun 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #3,413 of 4,655

I really liked the owner of that company-really nice, energetic guy who wanted to revolutionize the industry, but his headphones were crap. He sent me his earbuds and I didn't have the heart to tell them they were literally the worst sounding things I've ever heard.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #3,414 of 4,655
is this on YouTube? Send a link so we can have a torrent of crazy audiophiles on his butt. >:3

He would cry in his sleep if that happen,  But yea people like him are silly, Just as bad as those who run a 1920x1080 LCD at 640x480 because it makes every thing bigger.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #3,415 of 4,655
He would cry in his sleep if that happen,  But yea people like him are silly, Just as bad as those who run a 1920x1080 LCD at 640x480 because it makes every thing bigger.
people do that? What?? O.o

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #3,416 of 4,655

Saw your reaction to that guy on youtube. Trying to lecture a stranger on the youtube section is pretty pointless and immature, seriously... Do you really think he's now going to check out head-fi and be genuinely interested about higher quality headphones after reading your comment? It is quite likely that the reaction will be more like "Head-Fi? That's where those douchebags must come from! **** them!"

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #3,417 of 4,655
people do that? What?? O.o

Sadly Yes, they bought a 1080p montior just to run 640x480 or 800x600 instead of making the icons and text bigger if they can read it. My dad do it all the time and never set the actual res of his monitors or when he plugged into a HDTV.

Saw your reaction to that guy on youtube. Trying to lecture a stranger on the youtube section is pretty pointless and immature, seriously... Do you really think he's now going to check out head-fi and be genuinely interested about higher quality headphones after reading your comment? It is quite likely that the reaction will be more like "Head-Fi? That's where those douchebags must come from! **** them!"

Yea because really the only thing that was done was wasted time trying lecture people on youtube which already have their mind set. Tho most likey other people will just be interested instead of him.

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #3,420 of 4,655
Point taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back