Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 15, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #35,913 of 36,116
i can't remember if noble audio mentioned that a new totl tws with xmems will be released where they referring to the triumph

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #35,914 of 36,116
Long time lurker, but first time poster here as I have scoured the internet and I can’t find someone else having the same problem as I have on my Ronin, so I’m posting here to see if anyone else is having this problem. I’ve had the ronin for approximately ~1 year at the time of this writing.

My left earbud, without cable, produces some minor sound when I put it on and jerk it around while it is inside my ear, as if there is something loose inside but no sound can be heard if I just shake the whole ear bud from the outside while the right earbud is dead silent when I do the same thing to it.

Does anyone know what might be possibly causing the problem and if this issue is worth going through the warranty claim with Noble since it takes 8 weeks+? (I’ve already sent them an email on Friday and am currently pending their reply).

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #35,915 of 36,116
I'm really loving mine, coupled with my Galaxy flip, it becomes my regular on the go hifi setup, no separate DAP or DAC required (I did a few of my own hacks for usability, as in the photos below).

Attachments

• 20240315_140029.jpg
    20240315_140029.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240311_095620.jpg
    20240311_095620.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 19, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #35,916 of 36,116
Yes, they are releasing a new TWS called the Noble Fokus Triumph. Currently on preorder on Bloom Audio
How do they compare with the fokus prestige?

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #35,918 of 36,116
i can't remember if noble audio mentioned that a new totl tws with xmems will be released where they referring to the triumph
I think a flagship would make more sense to launch next year, with the much awaited cypress xmems tech they demoed at ces. But that seems distant, so I jumped aboard the pre-order train, though still admittedly have to wait for the postman to knock once distribution begins. From what is being said, the Triumph seems up my alley and they look gorgeous! Can't say that there isn't bias towards things that look good.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #35,920 of 36,116
Anyone have tried the Spartacus yet? I am looking for an IEM for Metal and I heard they are awesome but no reviews mentioning metal heavy metal
Had a brief listen yesterday. Very much liked it and A tier for the price point. Reminded me a lot of Mest 3 but richer.

Not sure about Metal though. It is still a BA/BCD hybrid.

Mar 19, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #35,921 of 36,116
Anyone have tried the Spartacus yet? I am looking for an IEM for Metal and I heard they are awesome but no reviews mentioning metal heavy metal
I don't listen to metal, so I can't comment on how well Spartacus fares vs other IEMs.

But one thing I do know about metal is that speed and precision are key to reproduce drum & guitar details properly, and in my listening to Tidal's "The Metallist" playlist, Spartacus' 4xBAs are keeping up exceptionally well:

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/7c50bdc8-a448-452c-9289-20815c6140e9

Add the glow & warmth from the BCDs, you get a nice large stage for all of the instruments to breathe well, with no congestion or wonkiness.

Again, I don't know these tracks to know if I'm missing anything with Spartacus, but the more I'm listening, the more I'm really enjoying this. :metal:

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #35,922 of 36,116
I don't listen to metal, so I can't comment on how well Spartacus fares vs other IEMs.

But one thing I do know about metal is that speed and precision are key to reproduce drum & guitar details properly, and in my listening to Tidal's "The Metallist" playlist, Spartacus' 4xBAs are keeping up exceptionally well:

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/7c50bdc8-a448-452c-9289-20815c6140e9

Add the glow & warmth from the BCDs, you get a nice large stage for all of the instruments to breathe well, with no congestion or wonkiness.

Again, I don't know these tracks to know if I'm missing anything with Spartacus, but the more I'm listening, the more I'm really enjoying this. :metal:
Thank you. Yes I am looking for this kind of details. Fast pace kick drum, double kick drums, guitar, bass guitar in a very busy scenario. I am just not so sure about the warmth as I usually don't like warm sound signature.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #35,923 of 36,116
Thank you. Yes I am looking for this kind of details. Fast pace kick drum, double kick drums, guitar, bass guitar in a very busy scenario. I am just not so sure about the warmth as I usually don't like warm sound signature.
Maybe Ronin would be a better choice then, it Is likewise exceptional at micro details and would have no issues keeping pace with its all-BA + EST implementation.

I decided Ronin didn’t have quite enough warmth for my preferences, and went with Annihilator instead to fill that spot in my collection at the time, but it might be just the thing you’re after.

Best way to know for sure would be to demo for yourself if you can get the chance.

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #35,924 of 36,116
Maybe Ronin would be a better choice then, it Is likewise exceptional at micro details and would have no issues keeping pace with its all-BA + EST implementation.

I decided Ronin didn’t have quite enough warmth for my preferences, and went with Annihilator instead to fill that spot in my collection at the time, but it might be just the thing you’re after.

Best way to know for sure would be to demo for yourself if you can get the chance.
Ronin is way above my budget. Yes I wish I could demo them all but I would have to wait five months for it. That's when Canjam would come to town.

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #35,925 of 36,116
So now the question is when are the triumphs gonna be released I tried the demo model back in December from Jim so I'm just wondering how much different is the tuning from then till now. If the sound sig is the same as before but with just a little more bass added then I already know I'm buying 1 or 2 I think my dad needs an upgrade from his anc models. I know I'm picking up a prestige black soon I'm just debating if I wanna pick up 2 as I would like a spare cause of the battery cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back