Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 1, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #26,236 of 36,116
It's not so much the tips that are the problem, but the cable. With the stock cable, I can't get the IEM into the correct position for a proper fit... even with JVC Spiral Dot tips. But a cable with a larger ear-loop I can get Encore to seal perfectly.

The best fit I've had with Encore was using a plusSound cable. Their connectors are very long, and that works great for these strange Noble shells.

Thanks for the suggestion and the insight, I hadn't really thought about the cable itself. When I get a good seal with the comply all is well, although comfort could still be a tad better and I can't help wondering whether I'm getting everything the Encores can deliver sound-wise via the complys. I'll certainly have to give a cable upgrade such as you suggest some thought.

That said, it's kind of sad when you've spent £1,800 on an IEM to have to upgrade the cable to get it into your ear properly!

Oct 1, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #26,237 of 36,116
it's kind of sad when you've spent £1,800 on an IEM to have to upgrade the cable to get it into your ear properly!

It is a problem. But one I suspect Noble is working on.

Oct 1, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #26,238 of 36,116
Thanks for the suggestion and the insight, I hadn't really thought about the cable itself. When I get a good seal with the comply all is well, although comfort could still be a tad better and I can't help wondering whether I'm getting everything the Encores can deliver sound-wise via the complys. I'll certainly have to give a cable upgrade such as you suggest some thought.

That said, it's kind of sad when you've spent £1,800 on an IEM to have to upgrade the cable to get it into your ear properly!

Try inserting the iems without the cable attached perhaps? That way if you get a good fit (albeit without sound) then you know it is the cable causing issues.

Oct 1, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #26,239 of 36,116

While it is sad, that is sometimes beyond Noble's control. Every ear is unique in terms of the outer and inner ear geometry so there are going to be certain parts of the population where a Noble UIEM or any other UIEM will not fit properly in the ears regardless of whether the cable fits properly or not.

Oct 1, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #26,240 of 36,116
I ordered both the Symbio tips as well as the triple flange tips from amazon, hopefully it'll fit!

For the moment, I was able to finally get a good (albeit painful) fit on my left ear with the medium Comply 500 tips. All other tips either did not give me a proper seal or just didn't fit. I had to really shove the big ass tip into my left ear though, and it seemed to be uncomfortable even after 5 minutes.

Luckily my right ear don't seem to mind any type of foam tips.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #26,241 of 36,116
While it is sad, that is sometimes beyond Noble's control. Every ear is unique in terms of the outer and inner ear geometry so there are going to be certain parts of the population where a Noble UIEM or any other UIEM will not fit properly in the ears regardless of whether the cable fits properly or not.

Agreed, although there does seem to be a significant number of comments here about the difficulty obtaining a satisfactory seal with this particular IEM. More than on other IEM threads? I've no idea - there are a lot of threads I haven't read. However, I'd just restate that I've never had a problem previously with other IEMs, including a wide range of high end models. And isn't the clue to my concern in the title - UIEM = universal. I suppose it is unrealistic to expect 100% of the population to get a good fit but if you shell out a lot of cash you'd like to hope this had been thoroughly sorted out for the overwhelming majority, i.e. 99.9%.

That said, I have managed to get a seal after a lot of trouble and they do sound excellent - better than any others that I've tried.

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #26,243 of 36,116
Noble Kaiser on Massdrop for $899. Definitely worth checking out!

Indeed! That's an exciting collaboration. If I had a little more money to spare, I'd jump all over this Drop.

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #26,244 of 36,116
This is not the encore version right?

Oct 3, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #26,246 of 36,116
It's not so much the tips that are the problem, but the cable. With the stock cable, I can't get the IEM into the correct position for a proper fit... even with JVC Spiral Dot tips. But a cable with a larger ear-loop I can get Encore to seal perfectly.

The best fit I've had with Encore was using a plusSound cable. Their connectors are very long, and that works great for these strange Noble shells.

That's very true, the stock cables stick out too much into my ears preventing fine tuning of the IEM shell adjustment to get a proper fit. I checked out the plugSound website, which do you recommend? But honestly I didn't plan on spending another $200+ on cables on top of the IEM though :O

After finally getting a semi-good fit after running through various tips (I ended up with the original foam tips but with a different angle of insertion), I gotta say, I massively prefer these to my SE846's. The Encores have IMO a VERY generous portion of bass, very extended trebles, and amazing mids. I honestly can't find any fault with the sound signature. I'm getting used to the treble, and my ears are getting accustomed to the sound. The more I listen to these, the more I like them.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #26,248 of 36,116
Oct 3, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #26,249 of 36,116
It isn't the Encore

You sneaky Wizard! This sure came out of nowhere. Congratulations on an excellent project!

congratulations-clipart-congratulations-clipart-images-300_300.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back