Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #24,288 of 36,064
  I have a slight hiss in my current setup. I was just hoping to hear that 'dead silence' talked about in reviews of the Hugo.  

Hugo will surely take your (c)iem to another level regarding transparancy, detail retrievement, soundstage etc. But it unfortunatelly doesn't have a totally black background. But once the music starts you shouldn't notice that anymore.

Use the iFi ieMatch. I wrote a review on it a few weeks ago. If you click on the review link under my name it should be one of the more recent ones.

Just like I suggested some post ago
wink.gif

Apparently there are 2 iEMatch reviews now, placed in different categories.
I might pick one up myself in a few weeks when I get my new (sensitive) ciem.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #24,289 of 36,064
So im about to have my heart broken due to sending my k10's back for a refit. Losing seal in my right ear and it is affecting the sound. They sound amazing but i cant just settle and always wonder what they would be like listening to all the k10 has to offer. Does anyone have any experience on the refit process? If so how long did it take to get back to you. Im enjoying my last hour right now but i know it will be worth it.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #24,290 of 36,064
So im about to have my heart broken due to sending my k10's back for a refit. Losing seal in my right ear and it is affecting the sound. They sound amazing but i cant just settle and always wonder what they would be like listening to all the k10 has to offer. Does anyone have any experience on the refit process? If so how long did it take to get back to you. Im enjoying my last hour right now but i know it will be worth it.
In trying to decide if I should do the same... Except in not sure it's effecting there sound. Hard choices.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #24,291 of 36,064
In trying to decide if I should do the same... Except in not sure it's effecting there sound. Hard choices.
i fought with myself for a while and it took a while for me to see how it was affecting the sound.what did it was listening to a live allman brothers album and when i pushed them i. I could hear the cymbals from the drums in the background and then when i let them out they were almost gone. On songs with a little power yo them i could get more body when i pushed them in. At 1st i didnt want to admit i heard a difference but in the end im sure there is a difference. I know i would regret it if i felt i wasnt getting all i could get when i paid that much money. It just sucks to send them back and start over. Gotta do what i gotta do though.at least this time i know what i need to do when my impressions are taken. Last time i used a bight block but this time just gonna relax my mouth with it barely open.i can open my mouth and get a seal and when i close it the seal brakes.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #24,292 of 36,064
  I have a slight hiss in my current setup. I was just hoping to hear that 'dead silence' talked about in reviews of the Hugo.  

Using a laptop?  My K10's with Hugo and DAP don't have hiss.  My K10's are older ciems.  Maybe there is a slight sensitivity difference with the newer models.

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #24,294 of 36,064
i fought with myself for a while and it took a while for me to see how it was affecting the sound.what did it was listening to a live allman brothers album and when i pushed them i. I could hear the cymbals from the drums in the background and then when i let them out they were almost gone. On songs with a little power yo them i could get more body when i pushed them in. At 1st i didnt want to admit i heard a difference but in the end im sure there is a difference. I know i would regret it if i felt i wasnt getting all i could get when i paid that much money. It just sucks to send them back and start over. Gotta do what i gotta do though.at least this time i know what i need to do when my impressions are taken. Last time i used a bight block but this time just gonna relax my mouth with it barely open.i can open my mouth and get a seal and when i close it the seal brakes.

It would be best to submit photos of them inserted in your ears, as this may be an insertion issue (top helix area is usually the culprit)   If this can be taken care via photos etc, it will save a lot of time and angst.   

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 30, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #24,295 of 36,064

Hmm, maybe I should get a refit too? I don't know, but I think I am not hearing the K10's best. I thought I fixed the seal issue twenty something days back when I asked about it on this forum. It is also about the seal in my right ear. The left ear actually fits pretty well- I can feel it "fit" into my ear. The fit in the right is kind of loose, and I don't get the support down below in terms of bass. Pulling the earlobe down, my jaw down, and twisting clockwise the ciem helps with the right ear seal and the fit, but with further listening, I don't feel like I am listening to the K10's full potential.
I might post a picture soon as suggested by others of my right ear.
If I get a re-fit, I'll need to get impressions again right?

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #24,297 of 36,064

Hmm, maybe I should get a refit too? I don't know, but I think I am not hearing the K10's best. I thought I fixed the seal issue twenty something days back when I asked about it on this forum. It is also about the seal in my right ear. The left ear actually fits pretty well- I can feel it "fit" into my ear. The fit in the right is kind of loose, and I don't get the support down below in terms of bass. Pulling the earlobe down, my jaw down, and twisting clockwise the ciem helps with the right ear seal and the fit, but with further listening, I don't feel like I am listening to the K10's full potential.
I might post a picture soon as suggested by others of my right ear.
If I get a re-fit, I'll need to get impressions again right?

Oh, and is it possible to only refit one ear?

Refit is generally an adjustment. So if you feel a certain area is loose they will coat it or build it up a little. So it usually doesnt involve new impressions. And I don't see why it would be restricted to one ear. 

Before jumping to conclusions, test the seal. Use some kind of lubricant such as vaseline, and gently apply some to the base of the ciem canal. This will force a seal and then see if the sound is improved or changed in any way.

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #24,298 of 36,064
Use the iFi ieMatch. I wrote a review on it a few weeks ago. If you click on the review link under my name it should be one of the more recent ones.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-iematch-headphone-travel-accessory/reviews/17505

I've tried the IEMatch with my Alo Rx Mk3-B+, and it worked like a charm. The amp is known to hiss with most (if not all) IEMs, but it was rendered near silent when paired with the IEMatch. It was quite impressive, actually. The only thing is, it introduces an additional, dongle-like adapter to my portable setup, which is already a little unwieldy. Still, it worked as advertised.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Let's hope 2017 brings you good joy and more Noble IEMs! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #24,300 of 36,064
Any new Wizard Sages coming out soon besides the ones already listed? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on one since I'm having fit issues with the green universal Sage.

I'd like to sell mine and upgrade to a Wizard version since my Wizard Savant always fit me perfectly.

I'd appreciate any info, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back