Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 28, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #24,271 of 36,093
Really like to see someone posted some measurement of katana...

Because I have a Veritas coupler and Arta software, I feel a public post of Noble's monitors measured with my equipment would be a false representations of how they sound. I use it as useful information when writing the reviews because I can compare the graphs. Long story short, people will interpret the graphs wrong. I will say, they all measure very well in comparison to other earphones. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #24,272 of 36,093
Dec 28, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #24,273 of 36,093
  We're talking only a couple decibels. And BTW, the Katana bass measured almost identical to the K10 in terms of bass presence. 

That's interesting, since I'm hearing quite a difference between the aforementioned 2. The Katana has clean, tight bass with adequate punch. The K10 1-ups the Katana in presence and authority, with great texture and depth. I wouldn't call the Katana bass-lean, but compared to the K10, it does sound lighter in the lower registers.

Anyway, great review. Thanks!

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #24,274 of 36,093
That's interesting, since I'm hearing quite a difference between the aforementioned 2. The Katana has clean, tight bass with adequate punch. The K10 1-ups the Katana in presence and authority, with great texture and depth. I wouldn't call the Katana bass-lean, but compared to the K10, it does sound lighter in the lower registers.

Anyway, great review. Thanks!
measuring is only half the story. Our perception of the Katana is different because of resolution and balance with neighboring frequencies.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #24,280 of 36,093
They're stunning! How long was it since they posted them?

Good fit? How's the sound? :)

~7 weeks and counting for me hopefully (+_+)

They received my impressions on Oct 24th. They shipped them to me on the 22nd of December.  They arrived Wednesday, Dec 28th in Seattle. I didn't pay any additional fees associated with coming out of China and into the USA.

This is my first CIEM, so I'm still feeling out the fit.  My first impression was that they fit amazing.  I'm not sure if one of them is on the verge of being a bit small, but it's very close.  I can't make the sound better by pulling my lobe or pushing it in or compressing my ear, so I think I do have a seal.  Also, I just wore it for 3 hours straight and I started to feel a little tender.  Most likely have to build up some callouses.  

The sound is very good - literally the first IEM I've put in my ear that I can't say anything bad about it.  That being said, I want to give it a little while to burn in. I'm not feeling overwhelmed or wow'd, but I'll get back to you on it.  I'm still very happy with my purchase, but also adjusting. I'm listening on a Chord Mojo and it's definitely way better than straight from my phone. 

I'm sorry for the wait, it gets a bit easier.  The secret is buying other audio equipment to make the wait doable. :)

Good luck!

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #24,282 of 36,093
  I now use hugo  and K10u, sounds great, but hiss is obvious

Maybe this could be a solution for that: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-iematch-headphone-travel-accessory/reviews/17666
Don't know how much it would influence the sound quality/signature though
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back