Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 4, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #17,056 of 36,040
.............. They are quite different in sound, but complement each other well.

I know you weren't directing your comment at myself, but this is exactly what I am hoping for.

:beerchug:

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #17,057 of 36,040
Proud owner of the K10U here! I've been listening to it almost non stop for a few days and all I can say is... Sign me up to the club, Wata!
Hats off to you, @FullCircIe, you surely are the Wizard.

@calpiyuki I have an Angie too, and although I don't totally agree with @Malevolent , I agree with the conclusion. They are pretty good, not very similar to the K10 but may complement them well. I am selling my Angie though, the fit is very bad barely making a seal with the comply tips and the shell hurts my antitargus in a very short time. Would I keep them is they fit better? I don't think so.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #17,058 of 36,040
Proud owner of the K10U here! I've been listening to it almost non stop for a few days and all I can say is... Sign me up to the club, Wata!
Hats off to you, @FullCircIe
, you surely are the Wizard.

@calpiyuki
 I have an Angie too, and although I don't totally agree with @Malevolent
 , I agree with the conclusion. They are pretty good, not very similar to the K10 but may complement them well. I am selling my Angie though, the fit is very bad barely making a seal with the comply tips and the shell hurts my antitargus in a very short time. Would I keep them is they fit better? I don't think so.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #17,059 of 36,040
Thanks @mscott58 I am honored. In all fairness I already had the Savant and loved it, but this thing is... something else 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #17,060 of 36,040

@calpiyuki I have an Angie too, and although I don't totally agree with @Malevolent , I agree with the conclusion. They are pretty good, not very similar to the K10 but may complement them well. I am selling my Angie though, the fit is very bad barely making a seal with the comply tips and the shell hurts my antitargus in a very short time. Would I keep them is they fit better? I don't think so.

Yeah. The universal JH Sirens are really.. huge. The Angie has no reason to be this big, IMO. The K10U looks absolutely tiny sitting next to the universal Sirens. I have relatively big ears, but I'm not even able to get the JH earphones to sit well in them - a big chunk of it rests outside of my ears, and rather unsightly so, if I may add. I can imagine how difficult it must be for users with smaller ears.

On the contrary, the K10U's design (both old and new) is simply marvellous. Both small and light, you'd be hard pressed to guess that 10 drivers sit inside of these small shells.

I know you weren't directing your comment at myself, but this is exactly what I am hoping for.

beerchug.gif

I hope you'll enjoy your K10, as so many of us have! Cheers, mate! 
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #17,061 of 36,040

Once you pay your club fees to me, then I will send you your membership card. Going back to my TF10 has really, really, really showed me how superior the K10 is. I just can say 100% I am missing out on everything, bass, a more fuller sound and even fun. This is going to be a long wait.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #17,062 of 36,040

Once you pay your club fees to me, then I will send you your membership card. Going back to my TF10 has really, really, really showed me how superior the K10 is. I just can say 100% I am missing out on everything, bass, a more fuller sound and even fun. This is going to be a long wait.

Sounds like you need a back up pair.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #17,064 of 36,040

Nice!  Congrats on the new phones.  So the K10U fit is good for you?  Stock tips?

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #17,065 of 36,040

I know we all know about how good the K10 really is, but this is really saying something consider that the TF10 has been a long time favorite here on Head-Fi.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #17,066 of 36,040
  I know we all know about how good the K10 really is, but this is really saying something consider that the TF10 has been a long time favorite here on Head-Fi.

It is such a huge step backwards, I found myself thinking, they sound horrible. Its amazing how the mind or the ears adjust to things like sound. Some songs the difference isnt as bad, I notice missing things, but then other songs YIKES.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #17,068 of 36,040
It is such a huge step backwards, I found myself thinking, they sound horrible. Its amazing how the mind or the ears adjust to things like sound. Some songs the difference isnt as bad, I notice missing things, but then other songs YIKES.

Because the brain is quite sophisticated, it learns and (for a short period) memorises the IEM you use, especially skilled at adjusting to different tonalities (bright/warm). When you switch over to another IEM the brain freaks out because it's a completely different signature.

You can adjust over time to a degree, but once you're adapted to higher detail levels (being a good example) going backwards is difficult.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #17,069 of 36,040
Because the brain is quite sophisticated, it learns and (for a short period) memorises the IEM you use, especially skilled at adjusting to different tonalities (bright/warm). When you switch over to another IEM the brain freaks out because it's a completely different signature.

You can adjust over time to a degree, but once you're adapted to higher detail levels (being a good example) going backwards is difficult.

There is a part of me that wants to listen longer to go back to the sound of the TF10, as in adjust to them again. The other part, is in tears missing his K10's. I keep telling myself, dont worry Wata, you will like them again. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #17,070 of 36,040
Alright guys please hear me out. I just returned my JH Angie :frowning2: It was suffering from channel imbalance causing the left channel to be louder than the right, and there were some imperfections with the titanium tube; some of the tubes were covered with the black material, mind you not the hole, but the bezel of the tubes. For a $1000 iems, it's just unacceptable to me.

So here I am, thinking about getting the Noble Kaiser 10u.
But I am wondering, what should I expect from it?

In terms of sound signature, I loved the Angies. It's the only iem that made me tear up so far. Oh the vocals..
And on the other hand, I hated the w60. Imagine the soundstage as a rectangular space and then there's a circular carton that you usually find in rolls of tissue paper, right in the middle. And from there out comes the vocals. It was disgusting. I know that the westones are terrifyingly tip dependent, unfortunately none of the tips helped to alleviate the issue. So yep... off it went too.

I would love to hear from you guys, especially from the people who have heard all three of the iems I have mentioned.

I have Westone ES5 and loved the way it presents vocals. However k10 ciem have slightly recessed vocals for my taste. However you can just eq that. Overall k10 are almost perfect for most genres and sound better than my ES5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back