Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 4, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #17,041 of 36,066
I wrapped the cable in a figure 8 shape this time to store them in my UE case. What I think this did was take up room under the actually IEM's and make them sit up too much. Then when I put the lid on it had no where to go and might just have been a freak incident where it just pushed on it at the worst angle/area and broke the piece off.

At the risk of starting the whole case subject again. I really find my Peli 1010 perfect.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #17,042 of 36,066
At the risk of starting the whole case subject again. I really find my Peli 1010 perfect.

This was human error, not the fault of the case. But, I might go back to using my Otterbox for them once I have them repaired. Its smaller than the case they came with, yet bigger than the UE, my case has to be pocket friendly, size wise.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #17,044 of 36,066

Yeah, I agree. My K10 sits happily in a Pelican 1010. The case is perfect for storing CIEMs IMO.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #17,045 of 36,066
Alright guys please hear me out. I just returned my JH Angie :frowning2: It was suffering from channel imbalance causing the left channel to be louder than the right, and there were some imperfections with the titanium tube; some of the tubes were covered with the black material, mind you not the hole, but the bezel of the tubes. For a $1000 iems, it's just unacceptable to me.

So here I am, thinking about getting the Noble Kaiser 10u.
But I am wondering, what should I expect from it?

In terms of sound signature, I loved the Angies. It's the only iem that made me tear up so far. Oh the vocals..
And on the other hand, I hated the w60. Imagine the soundstage as a rectangular space and then there's a circular carton that you usually find in rolls of tissue paper, right in the middle. And from there out comes the vocals. It was disgusting. I know that the westones are terrifyingly tip dependent, unfortunately none of the tips helped to alleviate the issue. So yep... off it went too.

I would love to hear from you guys, especially from the people who have heard all three of the iems I have mentioned.

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #17,046 of 36,066
Alright guys please hear me out. I just returned my JH Angie :frowning2: It was suffering from channel imbalance causing the left channel to be louder than the right, and there were some imperfections with the titanium tube; some of the tubes were covered with the black material, mind you not the hole, but the bezel of the tubes. For a $1000 iems, it's just unacceptable to me.

In terms of sound signature, I loved the Angies. It's the only iem that made me tear up so far. Oh the vocals..
And on the other hand, I hated the w60. Imagine the soundstage as a rectangular space and then there's a circular carton that you usually find in rolls of tissue paper, right in the middle. And from there out comes the vocals. It was disgusting. I know that the westones are terrifyingly tip dependent, unfortunately none of the tips helped to alleviate the issue. So yep... off it went too.

I would love to hear from you guys, especially from the people who have heard all three of the iems I have mentioned.

I have the Angie and should be receiving the K10 SLA soon-ish. I'll do my best to describe the differences I hear, of course taking in to consideration that one is universal and one is custom.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #17,047 of 36,066
Just had to share this! I thought the K10 was the last word but...
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/babypod_an_ipod_speaker_system_for_your_vagina

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #17,049 of 36,066

I had a channel imbalance issue with a pair of JH13's. Interesting if this is not unusual with JH.
The 13's were my first TOTL CIEM and I loved them. Except I had reservations about the bass.
I never heard any real slam from them.
Of course the channel imbalance was a deal breaker.
I now have the K10's and am very happy with them.
I heard the Angie briefly at a meet and admittedly had to hold them into my ears to get a seal. I heard nothing that I am not getting from the K10's.
Please don't put too much weight on my opinion.
An Angie owner will be much more reliable but I will say that the K10's are very nice to live with.
Build quality is excellent and Noble are very responsive to problems. HTH.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #17,051 of 36,066
I had a channel imbalance issue with a pair of JH13's. Interesting if this is not unusual with JH.
The 13's were my first TOTL CIEM and I loved them. Except I had reservations about the bass.
I never heard any real slam from them.
Of course the channel imbalance was a deal breaker.
I now have the K10's and am very happy with them.
I heard the Angie briefly at a meet and admittedly had to hold them into my ears to get a seal. I heard nothing that I am not getting from the K10's.
Please don't put too much weight on my opinion.
An Angie owner will be much more reliable but I will say that the K10's are very nice to live with.
Build quality is excellent and Noble are very responsive to problems. HTH.

Thanks for the input :)

Speaking of achieving a proper seal with Angie, was it due to the iem's case or the size of the bore?

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #17,052 of 36,066
Thanks for the input :)

Speaking of achieving a proper seal with Angie, was it due to the iem's case or the size of the bore?

Oh I have awful trouble with tips. I seem to have weird ears. That's why I went custom. It was the bores rather than the body.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #17,055 of 36,066

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

I have auditioned the Angie a few times, with the most recent being in mid-November. These weren't comprehensive listening tests - just 10 to 15 minutes worth of head time each.

Anyway, the Angie has a flatter response, with a more prominent and detailed treble presentation. Bass at its lowest level is rather muted, and only kicks into life at the 12 to 1 o'clock point. At this stage, bass quantity matches the K10. However, the K10 has a slightly larger and deeper soundstage, with some really impressive mids that the Angie fails to duplicate. Among JH's stable of IEMs, only the Roxanne provides mids with texture and authority that are comparable to the K10. Of course, this is entirely subjective, but I found the mids on the Angie and the Layla a little too thin.

With that said, the Angie is a mighty fine IEM on its own, providing a relatively clear and balanced sound, with some fantastic highs and a low-end that can be configured to your liking. On the other hand, the K10 is a midrange champion that also boasts a healthy mid-bass boost and an overall warm tonality. They are quite different in sound, but complement each other well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back