Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #11,911 of 36,066
  Are the Savants that much better than the N4?

Haven't heard them myself but have heard good things and wanted to make sure people realized that there was only a small $ difference while this offer is on the table for the BTS. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #11,914 of 36,066
Hello guys, my apologies for posting here since I've no idea where else I could get a faster and more reliable response.
I've been diagnosed with otitis media and since I didn't know too much about it, I continued using my westones.

However, once I played a song, the volume on the left side was much lower than that on the right. I took it off, looked at it carefully and noticed that it had some wax buildup very deep inside the canal. Now I have no idea how to open an IEM and how to remove the wax and I'm very worried I need to send this back to westone (I live in Europe). Can you help me with some advice on how to clean the wax at home? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My apologies once again for posting about this here...

How it looks: http://i59.tinypic.com/67qtc6.jpg

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #11,915 of 36,066
  Hello guys, my apologies for posting here since I've no idea where else I could get a faster and more reliable response.
I've been diagnosed with otitis media and since I didn't know too much about it, I continued using my westones.

However, once I played a song, the volume on the left side was much lower than that on the right. I took it off, looked at it carefully and noticed that it had some wax buildup very deep inside the canal. Now I have no idea how to open an IEM and how to remove the wax and I'm very worried I need to send this back to westone (I live in Europe). Can you help me with some advice on how to clean the wax at home? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My apologies once again for posting about this here...

How it looks: http://i59.tinypic.com/67qtc6.jpg

If that is the actually your set, I would send them in just to be safe. That is pretty deep, but once you get them taken care of, then use a cleaning tool on a regular basis.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #11,916 of 36,066

If that is the actually your set, I would send them in just to be safe. That is pretty deep, but once you get them taken care of, then use a cleaning tool on a regular basis.

Thanks I already have one which I use regularly, but this time my otitis media is at fault :frowning2: I sure wish there's an easy way to remove it and that someone would tell me how.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #11,917 of 36,066
  Thanks I already have one which I use regularly, but this time my otitis media is at fault :frowning2: I sure wish there's an easy way to remove it and that someone would tell me how.

A long thin wire can go deeper, but you risk pushing it in further. Hopefully someone else knows, fingers crossed.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #11,918 of 36,066
I say get a piece of wire long enough, then heat it up so it can melt the wax and go for it. Let me just say, I have never tried that and you do it at your own risk.
wink_face.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #11,920 of 36,066
I'd suggest going straight to the manufacturer. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #11,922 of 36,066
Just added a new song to my player. George Ezra, Budapest. The guy has an amazing voice, but it doesn't sound all that good through my TF10. If anyone else has it or wants to try it, let me know what you think. His voice sounds fine, its the rumble from the bass that sound weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back