Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #11,762 of 36,063
  On another note, has anyone had success removing the memory wire from the stock cable?

Yup. Its not all that difficult. If you dont like it, def take it off. All it takes is a scissor and a hairdryer to help give the cable a twist afterwards

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #11,763 of 36,063
I can't believe someone gave up their K10s so you could have them reshelled. What kind of person lets custom K10s go
tongue.gif

Ha. Believe it or not, that person was me. Anyhow, very, very happy with the result. Endgame 'musical' monitor 
biggrin.gif

Yup. Its not all that difficult. If you dont like it, def take it off. All it takes is a scissor and a hairdryer to help give the cable a twist afterwards

Thanks. I am really happy with how the stock cable sounds (i.e, I don't want to change anything with a cable swap) but memory wire has just never worked for me...

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #11,770 of 36,063

Thanks. I am really happy with how the stock cable sounds (i.e, I don't want to change anything with a cable swap) but memory wire has just never worked for me...

hate memory wire myself, and I did try to remove them from the Noble stock cable. However, the metal wire is actually stuck to the small housing containing the 2-pins. I couldn't completely remove them, as a result, and there now remains a small ~2mm portion of wire sticking out of the 2-pin housing.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #11,771 of 36,063

SKOOTB, I see you're coming from an ER4 as well. How do you like your K10? Would you say it is an impressive upgrade over the ER4 and their detailed presentation? Worth the money? I am interested to hear it from people that have made the leap.
thank you!

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #11,772 of 36,063

SKOOTB, I see you're coming from an ER4 as well. How do you like your K10? Would you say it is an impressive upgrade over the ER4 and their detailed presentation? Worth the money? I am interested to hear it from people that have made the leap.
thank you!

I would always keep my ER4, they will always be the king of neutral.

It's more about what sound signature you want. 

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #11,774 of 36,063
  Has anyone tried these sheets? It says it doesn't come with a battery, so I am not sure how good they are.

I only use minimum 800 thread count, rechargeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back