1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

First

Back
773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782
784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793
Next

Last
  1. krismusic Contributor
    Thanks for the reply John.

2. mscott58
    Who is this "Art" guy and why do they keep making all these wonderful CIEM's for him? 

3. Watagump

Even with my so called terrible jokes, I am still funnier than that. [​IMG]

4. mscott58
    Exactly! I was trying to help you look good by setting the bar really low. [​IMG]

5. krismusic Contributor
    So much for stealth! Wearing my K10's for the first time on the tube yesterday. Guy asks me if they were CIEM's and did I think they were worth the money. First time anyone has commented in all the years I have been wearing IEM's! :)

davidcotton likes this.
  6. Dexter Morgan

I guess I'd hoped that a refit would get "rush order" treatment, as a courtesy to your customers, since Noble is clearly capable of producing masterpieces in 6-8 business days. So I can't buy the argument that it's an issue of build time. Maybe you don't have enough technicians to handle rush orders and quick refits... this I would understand. As a fellow business owner, I get that there are limits and bottom lines, and I know a refit causes you loss of profit (sorry by the way, I really tried to convince myself I didn't need one). I'd just hoped you had the capacity to handle this sort of thing more quickly. I wish I weren't such an impatient person. I'd paid for the rush fee initially, so it's ironic. Ah well... all part of the process right? This is my first CIEM (huge leap of faith) so I'm a newbie on setting expectations. The pain begins again... 

7. krismusic Contributor
    The perils of dealing with a small company supplying bespoke products. I would not push for Noble to train up more technicians unless they find the right people. IMO another major maker of CIEM's fell into this trap.
    I don't think impatience and bespoke go together. Let Noble do their thing.

8. mscott58
    Totally. It's all about the talent, and the risk of negatively impacting quality due to hiring ineffectively/too rapidly could really hurt the brand. 

I'd also argue that the wait period adds a certain exclusivity that adds to the brand. I trust the Wizard and The Glove! 

Cheers all and have a great weekend

9. Ike1985
    I'd be careful about where I pulled out very nice CIEMS/AK level cost devices, just my take.  Do as you please, but there are places it isn't wise to do so.

10. bangkokkid

A refit and reshell are most often two completely different processes. A reshell always involves breaking down an entire CIEM and building up again from scratch which is what was reported to take 8 weeks. That is more reasonable as that is the standard build time for a set of CIEMs anyways.

A refit can simply be applying a coat of lacquer to the exterior of the CIEM, which does not take 8 weeks.

My recommendation, don't sweat it until the labs tells you how long they think it is going to take them to make the necessary adjustments. If you aren't asking for a reshell, then you probably won't be waiting 8 weeks for your CIEMs to be returned to you.

11. Watagump

I want to see Noble on The Shark Tank taking their stuff to the stratosphere. I have already pictured them being in the high end area of some malls around here.

12. Watagump

You guys really do too much for me, that's why I have much love for my head-fi peeps. Most of you at least. [​IMG]

13. mscott58

Oh they're way past the Shark Tank level already. While occasionally entertaining, the investment part of the show is like novice hour. Real due diligence, while exciting to those of us in the field, would put the average TV viewer to sleep or have them pull their hair out.

Plenty of real equity investors Noble could hook up with. Who knows, they might have some investors already.

Oh, and guess what shirt I'm wearing today? Representing!

14. Dexter Morgan
    Thanks Brannan, that eases my mind greatly [​IMG]

15. Dexter Morgan

It's funny, I've sorta been thinking the same thing but didn't want to get laughed outta here. I keep thinking there's gotta be a larger market for ciems than what currently exists. A company just has to figure out how to make it more approachable for the general public... a store front (where impression are done on the spot?) is an interesting idea.

First

Back
773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782
784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793
Next

Last